AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
OP
GB
Rep:
68%

Found it interesting espicelly with Mcree didn't think his extended that high, wonder how long till they change these bad boys, my bet is 6 months if not longer.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
78%
don't think they will be really changed anytime soon. Was a intentional thing from blizzard
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
The hit boxes are very generous in this game especially with projectile weapons. His video is some what staged tho.

He changed the control to support his claim that all projectiles are exactly the same as Hanzo's arrow hit boxes (as that's a big issue on reddit).

The issue is he used Genji and Hanzo to display this, he put widow maker behind the wall with Hanzo and showed that he could hit her around the corner, then when swapping to Genji he used Mei (clearly a bigger hit box). This is because the stars from Genji have a lower hit box than arrows and he had to change the character to replicate the same results from the same spot.

His point that projectiles are generous is true, his claim that all projectiles are equally generous is false and he intentionally mislead viewers in the video by changing the control.

No one in the history of "testing & experimenting" would change the control and use it to validate a point (last time someone did something similar to that the world thought vaccinations caused down syndrome and we all know how that played out).

Also the whole Widowmaker shooting Roadhogs head while it's bobbing is a pretty weird comparison to make in regards to hit boxes, A LOT and i mean nearly every single game won't change the hit boxes of character for animation movement. The hit box will stay relatively the same regardless of "bobbing while running or breathing" It is the same in CoD and CSGO (anyone remember snaking in CoD:W@W?)
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
56%
The hit boxes are fucked.
60 tick competitive (20 tick probs match making)
Limited personal impact in the game due to game design
boring af game types.

yucky.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
All servers are 60 tick muso

The client update rate is 20 which is changeable in custom games, it's stilll disgusting have 20 update rate but with the amount of negative feedback i wouldn't be surprised if they changed it.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
70%
no wonder why hanzo gets me when im dashing around with tracer ! haha
Downvote
1.3 years ago
CA
Rep:
21%
There's a good project going on at Battle Calculator to quantify the hitbox and hurtbox areas of each hero. More info here:
https://battlecalculator.com/overwatch-hero-hitbox-hurtbox-calculations/
Downvote
1.3 years ago