AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
OP
AU
Rep:
72%
We just played our game for the evening.

We got thumped again. 5-1. Was fun.

What was not fun was:

* Having the other team say "GJ" whenever they killed one of us in all chat.
* Being asked what classes we are mid-round.
* Having the other team say "Nice trades everyone" when we were wiped and they didn't lose anyone.
* Having the opposition say "GG. Teamwork." after we lose the round.
* Being asked mid-game if we want to scrim after, and that we can play hostage because it's only one objective and it will be easier.

Beyond this, it would be nice if teams could get their teams in order.

* The captain played under a different name to that listed on the team sheet.
* One player who applied to join a week ago was only added today.
* One player only applied to join today and was added today.

None of this declared to us before the game nor were we asked it was okay.

And, stupidly, we didn't think it necessary to check eligibility of all players before we started.

This after they gave us early times on a Thursday then told us they weren't available on Thursday and only on Friday/Saturday, so we we made provisions to play today instead with one of our reserves.

We'll take the loss, because we played like crap. But a little bit of sportsmanship would go a long way, thanks.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
AU
Rep:
78%
the eligibility is bs. if the match was accepted anyone that joined after that is ineligible aren't they?

as for the banter. come on, that is not bad at all. it wasn't malicious or personal. but it does make the other team look like tossers to be patronizing
Downvote
1.3 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
72%
Why am I not surprised you showed up, Mischa. Still following me around the same as you're still leading a clan of hackers, I see GG.

And, yeah, it wasn't malicious, but it's not what I've come to expect in comp with constant snide remarks. It was more we went out of our way to help them out, then they treated us like shit and played players not eligible to play. Couldn't be bothered disputing because, well, with the way we played we'd have lost regardless.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
69%
"as you're still leading a clan of hackers." Are you for fkn real man?!

Anyways, sportsmanship is always a neccessity. I think someone needs to have a little talk with the Salty Gunslingers.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
72%
Quote from _Fluxx on the 29th of May 2016:
"as you're still leading a clan of hackers." Are you for fkn real man?!

Sorry, to put some context in that quote, me and Mischa go back a long way to BF3 days where we both had bad eggs in our clan and we disposed of them accordingly. (If you check my post history, you'll see a lovely long thread about Squishy in amongst them.) Both our clans copped hackusations in every server we were in. And still do. And that is a perfect example of how 'banter' can be misconceived.

As was said before, it was most likely friendly banter / the not knowing there's a team chat and most games that probably would have been fine... but when you're getting thumped that bad, it all leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

And, banter aside, just use this thread as a "get your team sheets in order" thing, because that was our third game, and two of them have had ineligible players played... At least one team asked permission first.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
66%
Post Likes: 1
What Clan was it OeterB? I'll challenge them next and make mum jokes <3
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%