AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
OP
AU
Rep:
68%
Never got to read the post from fluke. but i would have liked to. being an active member of the community i would have liked to see what he had to say. I would assume an admin would reply and then perhaps lock the thread, but to completely remove it doesnt seem right. what is the reason behind this?
Downvote
1.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
the content of the ticket requires a support ticket not a thread. regarding the content of it, I have been waiting on information to be delivered to look into his matter more as discussed on TS a few weeks ago.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
68%
I figured. However when we look back to KTS for example no such actions were made. the thread still stands. Not to mention fluke said that no reply was made to his ticket in the header. It leaves alot to the imagination from the communities POV.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
65%
wouldn't a message and lock have been more appropriate. It's a serious matter reporting a cheater who has cheated in a cg ladder?
Downvote
1.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
reporting cheaters / possible cheaters is very important.

And to ban people for cheating is also very serious and we have to be 100% sure of cheating and be 100% sure the person cheating is the same account in which we want to ban.

I could tag up as zapruda and go and cheat, does that mean when I get footage of that person cheating I should ban you @zapruda or should I look into it and be 100% sure.

I did talk to one of the members ( may have been Fluke) on team speak for a good 20 minutes. It was left where it was agreed footage with time stamps would be made available, and I would be notified when this was the case. This is the first I have head back on it. Like I said in that conversation I am not going to look through an hour of footage, if there are parts I need to look at , time stamp it.

If this has been done, let me know dont go putting up a public thread. If I missed the ticket, SuperNova would have pointed me to it.

No one wants cheaters, no one wants to be banned for cheating who isnt. Devs really need better anticheat, and give us dedicated servers so we can track things better. With just a few more tools getting rid of cheaters would be ten times easier.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
68%
I understand and agree with everything you just said, but to be fair none of it is relevant to what i was getting at. ill leave it at that. im sure you have it covered. i dont agree with removing the thread. Undr out xx
Downvote
1.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
66%
Just noticed this.

Cyanide we did indeed discuss this at length. I appreciate your time for doing so.
I
did pm you on discord all the details, You must have not recieved it. And i shouldnt have assumed you had gotten it.

I also disputed the match itself via the dispute function. Doesn't seem like anybody saw that either.

Since my post got deleted I have spoken to supernova and opened a support ticket (the right way) and it is now being looked at.

I understand that my post may have come as a surprise if its the first you hear of it, but we DID speak for 20 minutes on discord, via text. You never followed that chat up or checked it for the attachment. And why was my match dispute not seen? That hasnt been explained.

The issue is being dealt with, and I hope Cybergamer can make their decisions public as there are more than just a few players waiting for answers before playing any more R6 ladder games here.

Love, Fluk

Edited once, 9/5/16 - 8:50pm.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
There we go, I dont go to discord very often at all. This is why you may have thought I ignored it. Always best to send me a PM here.
Downvote
1.4 years ago
AU
Rep:
69%
The thread was removed because it does not follow the guidelines set out for reporting cheaters. The issue with players making threads about people who they believe cheat is that it can lead to slander and public defamation and we don't believe that is appropriate. If the player is indeed found to be cheating, then a public announcement is generally made if required so that the community is aware of the outcome. In situations like that, the thread is made because there is grounded evidence for the conviction. Threads created for accusations can just end up causing more problems and as such we have outlined in the rules that issues raised with admins are best done through the support system.

There seemed to be some communication mishaps at the initial raising of this issue - players believing that a dispute was raised while none is recorded etc. Unsure why this has happened, however now that it has been brought to our attention through the correct channels it is proactively being followed up.
Downvote
1.4 years ago