Team Name: whores

Captain - ElusioNJESUS (i spose)

Player 2 - Blackshatan
Player 3 - kotlz
Player 4 - Ada.L
Player 5 - Kitkat

Email: damon_reid@hotmail.com.au

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElusioNJESUS/

Edited 6 times, last edited 26/3/15 - 3:49pm.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
AU
Rep:
24%
whens this thing going ahead, i havent heard anything and the LAN part of this starts pretty soon so i imagine we need to have our online part done pretty soon if your allocating time for any unavailibliity or possible delays....
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
66%
Hey K-Sama, please read this link for the latest update regarding the tournament - http://canberradota2.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/canberra-dota-2-autumn-cup-update.html
Downvote
2.5 years ago
AU
Rep:
24%
just some things i wanted to ask in regards to the tournament,

why do 6 teams get a free first round whereas some team such as my own have to then play an extra set of games ? i know you wrote something about teams being seeded in this way but then what this does is give some teams an advantage over the teams in the first round.

If the teams getting to skip the first round are higher like you said in the post then shouldn't the first matches be between the higher ranked ones as opposed to the lower ones ? If they are of higher skill then the likelyhood of an extra game making an impact on the chances of them winning should be minimal.

a Setup like this http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=46ciQJHpOO allows less teams a bie.

also no time stamps are put on the friday games. as this is earlier than the saturday and people will need to be ontime my team will need to know what time they are expected, after all some work till late on some friday with late night shopping and all.

thanks for reading all this and thanks for organising the tournament. good to see this kind of thing in the canberra region.

-K-Sama
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
66%
These teams that have been seeded higher have proven their worth in the last tournaments or in other tournaments around Australia. They're not dud teams that will crash and burn in the first round hence why they get to play on Saturday.

Other teams have yet to prove themselves, are new teams or got seeded as such from their performance in the last LAN.

I want the best of the lower crop to make it through rather than have the top teams fight it out on the first day. Also keep in mind that shops would be closed on that Friday given that it is Good Friday.

I also don't want to be running a LAN where it starts at 10am and finishes at midnight. The last LAN finished at such time. We experienced some outages, PC issues, games were running behind time. This was unforeseen of course but we hope that this time around with a two day format, things will be smoother.

I do have real life commitments to tend to such as looking after my family, work, etc. I do this in my own free time and do not make any money from this at all. This is strictly for the love of the game.

I do hope you understand this and respect my decision to run this tournament in the format that I have chosen.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
AU
Rep:
24%
thats fine, my team had some concerns, we will of course be playing it in the format that you have chosen as your the one running it, some members had queries as to why other teams have gotten an advantage, i'll forward them to this post.

Don't mistake me for knocking what your doing, i had questions and seeing as i had not seen anything regarding the online component i was merely asking questions.

thanks for answering the questions, i hope the tournament runs smoothly.

also was there a time at which teams need to be ready for the events now happening on friday ?
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
66%
Thanks for your understanding K-Sama. I really just do want the lower seeded teams to get the most out of it and enjoy the two day event.

I'll post up times very soon and just need to confirm a few things.
Downvote
2.5 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
66%
Also could teams answer their interview questions that I have sent out? This will allow other teams to know who their oppositions are.

Draws and tournament schedule to be released this week shortly.
Downvote
2.5 years ago