1.6 years ago

eSports Commentary and Shoutcasting for Competitive Gaming

www.facebook.com/gamestah
www.twitter.com/gamestah

Stream Link: http://www.gamestah.com/gtv1

Vox Eminor vs. 1up

DinQ vs. Qlimax Crew

Hey Boys and Girls,

Tonight Gamestah are proud to present Round 2 of the CGPL with 2 matches (1 from each league). Please note that all times are Sydney Time.

8PM - Vox Eminor vs. 1UP
9.30PM - DinQ vs. Qlimax Crew

Neeber will be joined by some of gamestah's finest to cover the carnage. Over the next 7 weeks we are looking at casting all of the teams as we look for the top 8 teams to head to Melbourne for the LAN Finals.

We are also running in conjuction with Performance Gaming the MVP competition.

Register: http://gamestah.performancegaming.com.au/

Pick who the Casters call as MVP and you can win prizes. They are TBD in the stream. Register now and come and join us in server!

Look forward to seeing you there

Neeber

Edited 4 times, last edited 21/1/13 - 5:54pm.
War does not determine who is right, Only who is left.
AU Neeber
275 Posts
1.6 years ago
Live in less than 5 minutes!
AU Neeber
275 Posts
1.6 years ago
35mins till DinQ vs. Qlimax Crew
AU Ryu
38 Posts
1.6 years ago
You're both terrible at casting, will not be watching.
AU Neeber
275 Posts
1.6 years ago
Thats cool.

Anything particular you didnt like so i can work on it?
AU Neeber
275 Posts
1.6 years ago
And anyone with any feedback (other than my crap internet connection) please let me know what I can do to be a better caster for you. Wont improve unless yoy tell me what I am doing wrong!!
AU Ryu
38 Posts
1.6 years ago
Fair call, you guys were talking about map balance discussions. As far as i am aware, neither of you have played competitive cs above amateur. There are very few people in Australia at least who i would take seriously in reference to map changes, and your getting a lot of calls wrong.

Cs players are naturally competitive, and know everything trying to perfect their craft, they will pick up on shit you do wrong, at one point you called topgun getting a frag with a galil, but it was a famas. Sure it's not a huge deal, but it's still a basic mistake. If anything, you guys should focus more on what happens DURING the round, use the overview (control button) to your advantage at the start of the round to see setups, draw rotates with the drawing board etc.

Call what happens, try to anticipate who's going to be seeing action and spectate them, i know that might be hard, but once you get these basics down, you will learn more about the game and can focus on more advanced stuff.
AU Stormz
1,097 Posts
1.6 years ago
quality ain't the best but you did say you had bad internet connection.
AU dos equis
1,187 Posts
1.6 years ago
Neeber (40m). This better be good
AU Neeber
275 Posts
1.6 years ago
Hahahah Never start a reply then go and start casting
Trust you guys to pick up on it,

Fair enough and thank you for calling me out on my mistakes.
It's that harshness from the community that has forced me to up my game in the past to be the caster I am today. As it would seem I have further to go.

Yeah i realised the mistake with the FAMAS late, Put that down to the rustiness of not casting for over 3 months, noob mistake and I know it but will make sure that doesnt happen again.

In terms of Map discussion, yes you are correct in saying that I have not played above CGa and I don't deny that but I have played and casted the pro's enough to pick up on the trends of the maps. Do i know the intricacies that the top players will? No of course not, but what we talk about it primarily the flow and what we expect to see. It is all based on personal opinion and I love having discussions about what you think as well, so if you dont agree with what I say let me know.

Also I WILL get better at the camera. Put that down to worrying about too many things today but that will improve I promise you. Make that all the new casting tools, the overhead view is actually view bad on nuke because everyone is cramped around the inside. On a bigger map it is a lot more spread out and that that will be easier and expect me to use it more.

At the end of the day its you guys I cast for so let me know what you like/Dont like/hate/love and it all will be taken on board.

If you want to chat to me personally about stuff steam = neeber89

Look for the Games to be uploaded tonight and more casts next week

Neeber

Edited once, 20/1/13 - 11:32pm.
AU lazy aim
409 Posts
1.6 years ago
I enjoy the casts

They are human, so mistakes happen

If you want only people who are cgp to cast games @ryu, you will be waiting a very long time

improvements
1) Get popular and get partnered with twitch so i can lower quality so it doesnt lag.
2) Perhaps play/ask for info of the maps ur foreign too. (Teams have different calls for different areas)
NZ Spect_
PUG Administrator
331 Posts
1.6 years ago
What you need is to have 3 main personality's casting.

1) Stats guy doesn't say a whole lot other than things related to stats, doesnt need much game knowledge but a background of the players would be good.
2)The exciting personality the person that gets the fans watching excited, this person would generally interact with the chat on the side etc. This person would only need basic knowledge of the game but needs to be someone with a good casting voice too.
3) The game knowledge person, this person would most likely be of similar skill to the matchs he/she is casting. So if its a P game needs to be of either High M material or P material.

But yeah those are the 3 types of people i think you need to have a successful stream. Because atm it seems as tho all of the casters and trying to be all 3 types in one and it doesnt come off well.

At the end of the day this is a free service that neeber offers we cant be too critical. But atm i generally don't like watching the casts myself as there are some bad calls/nothing more than what i all ready can call myself.

And yes the quality is a big thing too tbh since Gotv is such a clear watch.
AU Lordo
973 Posts
1.6 years ago
hey neeber where the vods at?
AU Neeber
275 Posts
1.6 years ago
Adding them within the hour!
NZ fade.nz
24 Posts
1.6 years ago
neeber can you copy the games so if we miss them we can watch them the next day thanks