Games
AU stifflerr
4,804 Posts
1.7 years ago
Quote from Diamond on the 30th of July 2012:
isn't there some guy faster then him now ?

nz smashing the rowing
hah what was funny was when the 4 man rowing was going off and the aussie were coming 4th in the heats with about 1 meter boat length behind NZ and within the last 500m or so they just smashed everything they had and beat NZ by inches to secure a final spot, cant wait to see it go off again
AU Claw.
777 Posts
1.7 years ago
He said he is nervous and scared about Yohan Blake.
PH hurvee
634 Posts
1.7 years ago
This may not be a thread for swimming but I would like to add something about my view on the defeat of our swimming relay team.
I think Australia's men's 4x100m freestyle team is just an overrated team. Sure they're good but many other teams are better. Overconfidence? Well we really can't say unless we can go inside their head.
Magnussen and Co were behind all the way throughout the competition. That they did not even betted medal is an obvious poor performance their part but I think it's Magnussen's not-so-good performance that came as the biggest shock. he's supposed to be the feature of event (other than Michael Phelps of course) but as the lead-off swimmer, he tried for a world record by faded at the changeover in 48.03 seconds,a time which will not give him any individual gold. his personal best is 47.10 seconds but his split was slower than two of his teammates.
I still support our swimmers out there though. As much as the defeat confounded Magnussen and the entire Australian swimming fans, they still make our country proud by being there.
Let's continue supporting them.
Also, I think it's good to share a good interactive site dedicated for this year's Olympic to you. Please visit http://www.bigpondsport.com/Olympics/SportPreviews/tabid/734/Default.aspx if you want more updates about the games. This Bigpond site about the 2012 Summer Olypmpics will give you more than your daily dose of Olympic news.
You can also check the schedules of games here: http://www.bigpondsport.com/Olympics/DailyPlanner/tabid/738/Default.aspx
See you there!
AU Alphaseu
106 Posts
1.7 years ago
Bolt will be running in the final if he makes it (which we all know he will) on the 5th of August, which is a Sunday, at 9;50pm if your on the east coast of Australia
Matt Hobson
AU coxxayy
4,354 Posts
1.7 years ago
Depending if you have foxtel or not i believe times shall differ?

Aussies rocking the swimming!

Choking that mens 4x1 relay.
Pushing yourself as hard as possible - @zilzey
AU coxxayy
4,354 Posts
1.7 years ago
Quote from hurvee on the 30th of July 2012:
This may not be a thread for swimming but I would like to add something about my view on the defeat of our swimming relay team.
I think Australia's men's 4x100m freestyle team is just an overrated team. Sure they're good but many other teams are better.
Dude, the Americans had that black rocket, aslo France had the white twig that had like turbo at the end of the race there, it's not about other teams being "better" because of it being a 4x1 anything could happen, when they were getting interviewed after the race, the first bloke was so called "unspeakable" just didn't have a response probably he didn't race his best or even disappointed about the overall score?

It was like with Alicia Coutts She was 8th by the first 50m mark then bringing it back to 3rd in the end despite gulping water, so you never know if the same thing could have happened to the 4x1 team.

Alicia Coutts gulping water - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/london-games/alicia-coutts-wins-bronze-behind-vollmer-in-100m-butterfly-despite-gulping-water/story-fne3a96w-1226438208419

Definitely enjoying all 8 channels on foxtel to be honest. Wicked watch.
Pushing yourself as hard as possible - @zilzey
AU Clampy0
1,214 Posts
1.7 years ago
there so stupid, they show the bike racing on right after the tour de france, yay!
y hullo der
AU Lockdown.
8,355 Posts
1.7 years ago
The men's 4x100 was horrible, Magnussen choked hard.

Seebohm's silver was hard not to be disappointed at considering her qualifying times, was heartbreaking to see her that devastated as well.

Rice and Coutts in the 200m medley will be a good watch though.
Paranoithestics King
AU stifflerr
4,804 Posts
1.7 years ago
Quote from hurvee on the 30th of July 2012:
I think Australia's men's 4x100m freestyle team is just an overrated team. Sure they're good but many other teams are better. Overconfidence? Well we really can't say unless we can go inside their head.
if you look at the past olympic swimming teams and the people who actually got the medals, they surpass anyone that we have in the pool now, i think its magnussan they keep going on about how he puts in 120% in the pool and towards the last 25m he chucks it into turbo mode, dubbed him the torpedo or some bullshit, yeah well why cant he swimm that extra 150% all the way.

we've been the top country in swimming for decades, we even have the chinese come over to get coached by one of the australian top long distance coaches, these guys had all the hype and were predicted to just easily take it out, yeah right when they can all average 46:54 - 47:34 per 100 then il start predicting the aussie team to win
AU Jack
PREMIUM USER
2,153 Posts
1.7 years ago
The womens basketball last night was bloody brilliant, even though I only saw the end of it when I woke up during the night -_-
Looking for a serious team. D5 and rising, ADC/Supp/Top/Mid pref. IGN: Jack.
AU Lockdown.
8,355 Posts
1.7 years ago
Massive choke from Phelps on the wall in the 200m men's fly final. Fuck, that was insane.
Paranoithestics King
AU stifflerr
4,804 Posts
1.7 years ago
what happened, i didnt see it
AU Adohh
11,526 Posts
1.7 years ago
Quote from Origin Nigiro on the 1st of August 2012:
what happened, i didnt see it
He got pipped at the wall. He was about half a stroke from the wall and had to break his rhythm to touch, where as the guy who won hit the wall in stroke rhythm. Was just unlucky really.
AU Lockdown.
8,355 Posts
1.7 years ago
sigh Magnussen. If he slammed he hand down harder I reckon he wouldn't have lost that.
Paranoithestics King
AU falcon
Xbox Platform Mod
AU PC Mod
5,639 Posts
1.7 years ago
Got up to watch it, so disappointing with that margin