Games
AU vRepulse
1,607 Posts
2 years ago
just wondering but will the famas be making its return since the recent patch has pretty much rendered it useless unless you are in a CQB environment?

~Discuss thoughts if you must :p
COD = Camp Or Die
AU Monster
1,262 Posts
2 years ago
Don't have the maps, so I can't unlock it.
But from what I've seen, It's here to stay. imo.
AU TC AZombie
2,135 Posts
2 years ago
I think its better to leave things banned, guns that are OPed than UPed tend to fluctuate constantly as they try to patch right.
AU vRepulse
1,607 Posts
2 years ago
Quote from monster on the 11th of April 2012:
But from what I've seen, It's here to stay. imo.

Im so confused by what that meant because its currently banned because it was so OP but now after the patch its like a piece of crap that shoots a ton of crap
COD = Camp Or Die
AU Monster
1,262 Posts
2 years ago
Should be unbanned is what I was saying.
AU vRepulse
1,607 Posts
2 years ago
Quote from Zombie unR (TC) on the 11th of April 2012:
I think its better to leave things banned, guns that are OPed than UPed tend to fluctuate constantly as they try to patch right.

To be honest its crap now and with the new patch I don't think its getting any better at all and I don't think dice are ever going to make it OP again. At the moment though the gun is virtually unusable but if you know how to use it, then is can be decent but thats as best as it goes
COD = Camp Or Die
AU TC AZombie
2,135 Posts
2 years ago
It would be a massive waste of time to recheck weapons everytime a big update comes out to fix what should be banned, It will stay banned for the rest of the season and if decided upon looked at. But like I said guns that are OPed than patched to UPed, will end up going back to being OPed as the devs try to find a perfect medium.

If the guns crap than who cares if its banned, Im sure one of the plethora of other guns will fill the void left by the crap FAMAS.
AU vRepulse
1,607 Posts
2 years ago
Its is the end of the season, thats why im asking and also it says in the rules that it will be re evaluated and now the famas will not go OP again because firstly this is dice not infinity ward and also now they weapon stats for the famas are more realistic and are in par with the other weapons.

Ok what im really saying is that dice have done a good job in nerfing the famas because now its become what it was made for and now its really a CQB assualt rifle. The actual famas stats wont change with another update but the attachments may change that can vary any guns OPness. Dice does a very good job with nerfing guns and not making mistakes with the guns although I cant speak for the attachments.
COD = Camp Or Die
AU Freedblackdeath
1,895 Posts
2 years ago
It will be looked at for season 2 but we won't bring it back yet due to finals.
AU Miranda Kerr
1,293 Posts
2 years ago
I think just leave it out. Whats the point in bringing back a weapon that no one will use anyway? There are much better weapons than it.
Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr Miranda Kerr
AU II The Salt
3,929 Posts
2 years ago
Yeah Freed discussed this with me just recently and like Zombie mentions at this stage its just additional work. We will wait till season 2 and re-evaluate everything then.

Also when teams have PRIVATE option ticked on private servers the B2K weapons cannot be used anyways. I still recommend this option for playing finals.
AU TC AZombie
2,135 Posts
2 years ago
Quote from vRepulse on the 12th of April 2012:
Its is the end of the season, thats why im asking and also it says in the rules that it will be re evaluated and now the famas will not go OP again because firstly this is dice not infinity ward and also now they weapon stats for the famas are more realistic and are in par with the other weapons.

Ok what im really saying is that dice have done a good job in nerfing the famas because now its become what it was made for and now its really a CQB assualt rifle. The actual famas stats wont change with another update but the attachments may change that can vary any guns OPness. Dice does a very good job with nerfing guns and not making mistakes with the guns although I cant speak for the attachments.

The fact you say its DICE not Infinity ward is completely irrelevant, everything in this game works on mathematical calculations and takes a lot of tweaks and touch ups to get stuff worked out smoothly.

To understand how future updates will work, just look at how many things i.e guns, game mechanics, vehicles and other kit load outs have gone back and forwards already.The SCAH for instance, it was OPed to begin with then powered down then giving a boost again, like I said they will test it out see people reactions and if the gun is as you say "crap" it will be updated in the upcoming patches.

I will look at it with the rest of the admin team but I will already be saying leave it out till we know what they are doing with it in he future, I would rather see a smooth season than have to go and re-ban a gun cause its OPed again.
AU x0 Butterz 0x
2,372 Posts
2 years ago
Besides that, people are used to the current rule-set/bans, to change it now would quite honestly be confusing to to most teams
AU sam1194
23 Posts
2 years ago
The famas is now useless for anything other than blasting at point blank range. It was used a lot because it was very good, probably too much so but the recoil they've put on it now is overdone. I tried using it and it just wasn't good enough compared to something like the M16A3.
LAX/HB ~ Relentless Hosting ~ EVIL Controllers
AU sam1194
23 Posts
2 years ago
Quote from vRepulse on the 12th of April 2012:
Dice does a very good job with nerfing guns and not making mistakes with the guns although I cant speak for the attachments.

I do agree on that point though, it's a very balanced game for the most part, skill plays a larger role than in other games of the same genre
LAX/HB ~ Relentless Hosting ~ EVIL Controllers