Not sure if serious?
AU 'Odin
PREMIUM USER
1,897 Posts
2.2 years ago
Quote from Itxmz on the 18th of February 2012:
Quote from Barnzy on the 8th of February 2012:
Quote from Miss Chels xo on the 8th of February 2012:
To be honest as a P-Plater buying your first car you should get a cheap run around that is not high powered at all... Firstly if you are just running around town in it, V6's cost a fuck load in fuel... secondly it costs more in insurance and rego aswell...

My first car I had was a holden astra... cost me 3500, I run it into the ground and saved up and bought myself a better car once the novelty of having my drivers licence wore off (you wouldnt want to spend heaps on your first car cause you really do thrash it whether you intend to or not)

If you are looking in the 5-10k range I would recommend a Mitsubishi Lancer tbh... they are fucking amazing... and you can get a VRX model that looks just that little bit sportier... like barnzy said also corollas are a really good car... toyotas have the best engines tbh...

I wouldnt buy a commodore or a falcon... they attract too much attention from cops and 90% of the time when u see a P-Plater wrapped around a tree it is in a commodore or a falcon... also every bogan yobby derro person drives a commy or a falcon...

Modern corollas are quite boring, but go back a few years to the ke70s... beautiful machines.

I don't understand why people think commodores and falcons are 'performance cars' i'm talking p plate legal ones in victoria (your non v8s and turbos), its a bloody family sedan for christs sake, not a drag car for idiots to burn some rubber in front of mates. Thats not to say that they're bad for p-platers its just idiots in their sv6s, and xr6s think their gods given gift to driving and that they are immortal have fucked things over for regular p-platers who drive within the law and aren't dangerous, and as a result of these smucks being idiots cannot buy nicer cars once we have a bit of experience under our belt, say 2 years on Ps. Yes I was generalising here but so what its based on truth for the stigma to arise. Also when you got idiots like Tomic driving a v8 M3 to 'tennis training' and then claiming its un-Australian when he gets caught for breaking his exemption, what a fucking idiot. Being Australian is about a fair go, not thinking you're some special cunt and above the law... fuck that grinds my gears.

OP and any other, for a first car get something with a good safety rating, cheap to maintain (so will mean there are a fucktonne of that models around so you won't be unique, but come service/repair time you'll be counting your lucky stars you bought something common) and with a little bit of grunt to make you not get bored of the car and want to blow your hard earned cash on another car ( assuming you're a uni student or what not and cash is tight).

Just my 2 cents.
LOL just because you have fuckwits who cant drive in vic and end up hitting a tree and killing people doesnt mean the rest of aus have. The holden SV6 and Ford Falcon XR6 turbos are performance cars. They dont need Mods to make them performance standard.
AU Instinct
1,210 Posts
2.2 years ago
R34 GT rb25.
Quote Mr Meth: "i was on this site since back in 02 on me first acc so yeah jokes on you jack"
AU Johnny Drama
8,717 Posts
2.2 years ago
We'll see which are performance cars when nissan enters the V8 supercars
Today is the tomorrow we were worried about yesterday
AU 'Havoc
1,709 Posts
2.2 years ago
Quote from Qrux on the 19th of February 2012:
The Kelly brothers are driving them... Nissan won't win till they put decent drivers into the seats
AU DropShock
Xbox Platform Referee
2,745 Posts
2.2 years ago
get a Preis?
they have great mileage.
You're only as good as your post count
AU Johnny Drama
8,717 Posts
2.2 years ago
Quote from 'Havoc on the 19th of February 2012:
The Kelly brothers are driving them... Nissan won't win till they put decent drivers into the seats
Fair call, but still in response to

Quote from LeTHaL_HaxX on the 19th of February 2012:
Who needs jap cars and f6 will beat a r34 gtr

Too bad Holden had to use Nissan engines
Today is the tomorrow we were worried about yesterday
AU Instinct
1,210 Posts
2.2 years ago
Quote from LeTHaL_HaxX on the 19th of February 2012:
Who needs jap cars and f6 will beat a r34 gtr

Not around a track.
Quote Mr Meth: "i was on this site since back in 02 on me first acc so yeah jokes on you jack"
AU d00zay
460 Posts
2.2 years ago
lamborghinis go alright ay
koota
AU Barnzy
2,998 Posts
2.2 years ago

Soz mate, nissan can't bring their tech, they're doing that stupid shit every everything is built to the same spec, ie all holdens and fords more or less.
Out to research why a mozzie can fly but a fly cant mozzie.
AU freaqzz
944 Posts
2.2 years ago
im saving up for a 2006 manual 3.6L ve selling for about $18000 im half way there but cant wait and they have pretty good fuel economy aswell
"They Said I Would Miss My Family, I Never Miss At Close Range."
AU ozzylow
206 Posts
2.2 years ago
BA Falcon as said before by a couple others

I bought one almost 2 years ago. 2005 Model so its the Series 2, try to get a second series car as they fix the previous problems with the first series they release. Bought mine for $6000

Its an SR falcon so it has a subtle body kit stock nothing over the top, clean looking wheels. Not all dickheads drive these. Its a family car for me, enough room for a baby seat.

They run as long as its serviced, look how long the falcon taxis last, they get there 700K easily. Cheap parts cause there is a million of them made.
AU inmaniac
94 Posts
2.2 years ago
I can vouch for Mitsubishi Lancers. Top car, look nice, easy to make feel sporty (seriously, just chuck in a nice firm suspension upgrade and short-throw stick and it feels awesome)

If you want reliability, go a Corolla. You can also look into Pulsars, they're pretty good at that price range.

Strictly my opinion, I think your first car should be as cheap as possible while still able to get you from A-B without breaking down. Stay away from Commodores and Falcons, they cost a lot to run, they break down heaps, are often thrashed by previous owners and, as stated, cost more for EVERYTHING: Fuel, Servicing, Rego, Insurance, the works.

So yeah, buy a cheap car and be PATIENT. You only have to wait a few years and if you get suspended or something in that time frame, you really shouldn't have anything more powerful anyway. So buy cheap, save up, then go hard haha!
Presenter and Halo Caster for ACLPRO
AU 'Havoc
1,709 Posts
2.2 years ago
Quote from Barnzy on the 19th of February 2012:

Soz mate, nissan can't bring their tech, they're doing that stupid shit every everything is built to the same spec, ie all holdens and fords more or less.
Basically the only difference between all 3 cars is the body work
AU Instinct
1,210 Posts
2.2 years ago
He is rite, nothing about them is different apart from the body work so it shows no example of how the road cars are made.