Games
AU Rapt0r
1,989 Posts
2.8 years ago
Lmao im getting new net as my Optus contract expires at the end of this month, and for your information i get lag at peak hour even when nobody else is on the computer. Yes it is a constant matter, and other people get the same problem as me, as shown in this thread.
www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/330107/New-PC-COD4-lag/

As for the results, they stood because they did nothing about it. The reason why i was asked to leave my CoD4 match was because the other team called in an admin to review the situation. In this case systolic played it out, and that is too late.

Also when was i even officially given a match ban period in CoD4? Never even informed of this.

@ Dazz, you are clearly still butthurt from the Black Ops dispute a few months ago. End of story.

Edited once, 17/1/12 - 12:10am.
AU unnefer
191 Posts
2.8 years ago
Could be using an external lag switch, the warping is a classic tell sign for lag switching.

Lag switches are very commonly used with consoles with mw2, blops and now mw3.

Basically they cut a wire inside of their ethernet cable and connect the cut wires to a toggle switch or momentary button.

The when you flick/press the lag switch, it will cause all other players near by to lag out instantly, but the player using the lag switch doesn't lag, they just get an easy kill.

It is not hard to spot by a good admin watching a demo. The usual signs are the player killed sees the other player warp or just appear just as they die, as well as lagometer goes solid whenever the person using the lag switch gets a kill - and on the killers demo it looks smooth.

Here is a vid that shows what is possible if used to the extreme:

Obviously it is used a lot more subtle then this on CG and blame it on server lag - so they don't get caught.
artn...
AU Rapt0r
1,989 Posts
2.8 years ago
@unnefer: LOL? I find that funny. We have never on any occasion blamed it on server lag. I have always admitted to this issue being my fault, for being a user of Optus internet, and its their fault for providing such low quality connections in my area.

Anybody that has ever seen a complete demo will notice that my ping is spiky and rarely constant and that i am shown to be warping on their screen and rubberbanding on my own. Never have i caused OTHER players to lag out nearby.
AU Atmosphere
4,767 Posts
2.8 years ago
Lag switches don't work on dedicated servers... lol...

Also everyone knows he lags. He warped in our game and it was pretty early but not this bad. But it is pretty bad :c
AU unnefer
191 Posts
2.8 years ago
Quote from Rapt0r on the 17th of January 2012:
@unnefer: LOL? I find that funny. We have never on any occasion blamed it on server lag. I have always admitted to this issue being my fault, for being a user of Optus internet, and its their fault for providing such low quality connections in my area.
I never said you did anything bro. I said ppl using lag switched blame it on server lag. Any admin worth their salt should be able to spot someone using a lag switch, it's not hard.

The constant lagometer spikes when the player gets a kill, and the warping are pretty good give aways.

Again, not saying you use one.

Quote from Rapt0r on the 17th of January 2012:
Anybody that has ever seen a complete demo will notice that my ping is spiky and rarely constant and that i am shown to be warping on their screen and rubberbanding on my own. Never have i caused OTHER players to lag out nearby.
If you really want me to scrutinise one of your demos, then by all means link it. But be warned mate, if you do use a lag switch I will spot it easily and I will post where and when you use it. I will post it to CG and shame you for using it.

Again, not saying you use a lag switch.

Nef.
artn...
AU CrO
503 Posts
2.8 years ago
haha we have never vsed you raptor how are we meant to know your ISP is causing your warps?
AU xipho
1,038 Posts
2.8 years ago
just because they played out the game doesnt mean it should be allowed. Thats why its disputed. the demo's should be looked at and determined if you playing with that lag was a big influence on your team winning the game.

If you went 2kills 20deaths sure your team still wins, but if you go 30kills 1death with that shit happening then fuck no.

isnt this the whole reason for the dispute process. Its not only for cheats.
AU unnefer
191 Posts
2.8 years ago
Quote from Atmospheree on the 17th of January 2012:
Lag switches don't work on dedicated servers... lol...
Just how sure are you about that
artn...
AU hektik
8,720 Posts
2.8 years ago
it isnt a lag switch lol
[21:52] SEQUENTIAL Sno. RAZER: gunna go beat my meat [21:52] SQL glock RAZER: will beat mine also ~ TEK9 Cinema - http://www.youtube.com/moomiaowoof
AU Lexi B
2,597 Posts
2.8 years ago
rapt0r has been making kents raging with his lag since the dawn of cod

get over it dazz lamo vergen
AU Murph
562 Posts
2.8 years ago
cmon tratty !
AU SiMpLzZz
319 Posts
2.8 years ago
im form bunbury WA and i dont lag.. no excuse where ever u live..

come on cuzzy everyone knows ura virgin to =)
AVANT.SL klassic: aden 'player whisperer' lewis
AU Tratty
PREMIUM USER
8,448 Posts
2.8 years ago
OK I'm going to this up once and once only. Also going to have a chat to Raptor regarding this myself.

First off, the rules state:
* All players should have an average ping below 150 ping. If 3 of your players have more than 150 ping, then you forfeit the match, unless the other team specifically allows the match to go ahead. If there is an issue with a player warping then it should be addressed immediately. The round will should be called dead and if the problem continues the said player should be subbed out ending the next round. To view a players ping press and hold TAB. Please do not play the match out and then dispute on ground of ping.

So this issue was known about from the 1st or 2nd round but nothing was done about it. Therefore you cannot complete the match and the decide it is time to act upon this.
Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something

Follow CG On: