Games
AU TC AZombie
2,135 Posts
4.6 years ago
If got no problem with there being an Execution ladder, but just run a Warzone ladder with it.
AU Chief Igloo
680 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from TC AZ 1SK on the 24th of September 2011:
If your caught out in the open u deserve to be shot from long rang thats a no brainer....

It takes away the role of a support player using hammershot/lancer and forces everyone to close combat.... Not saying close combat is bad, just that their is more to the game than just it alone.

It doesn't play out the way you suspect it will. Downing people in execution doesn't get you an automatic second chance. It puts your team in a bad position and can set you up for an advance on the opposition. It can also put the team with the downed man on the back foot and back them into an awkward position. If they go ahead with warzone you will just have a bunch of girls waiting around at either spawn and drag the matches out for hours. Like it or not, this isn't COD. I have a great deal of experience in both and I have to agree the with admins choice of gametype,
AU CriKey!
1,678 Posts
4.6 years ago
Can you maybe trial Capture the leader, was playing it last night and was really fun and very team based
If you even dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize.
AU TC AZombie
2,135 Posts
4.6 years ago
Sorry when did i say Gears is COD?

Like I said, Keep Execution... Just run a Warzone ladder aswell, try them both out.

PS and look into Wingman
AU Willduhbeast~
3,164 Posts
4.6 years ago
it's been too long, looking forward to competitive gears again =)
well done admins
Willyum>birney at everything
NZ Midnite
1,176 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from CriKey! on the 24th of September 2011:
Can you maybe trial Capture the leader, was playing it last night and was really fun and very team based

I've toyed around with the idea and do think there is some competitive merit to CTL. At this stage we aren't looking to incorporate CTL into the mix however I am always trying out new game types and running new settings so if we can find a way to make it work a bit more variety will be great!

PS and look into Wingman

Wingman is something that I've discussed and something I've had good conversations regarding. I think as a fun style event on the side its not such a bad thing however for pure competitive value I don't rate it too highly. This is entirely my own opinion and tbh the admins and myself have not discussed wingman as a possibility yet.
AU CriKey!
1,678 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from Midnite on the 24th of September 2011:
Quote from CriKey! on the 24th of September 2011:

I've toyed around with the idea and do think there is some competitive merit to CTL. At this stage we aren't looking to incorporate CTL into the mix however I am always trying out new game types and running new settings so if we can find a way to make it work a bit more variety will be great!
Sweet as, it is by far my favourite playlist, but no one plays it :S
AU Chief Igloo
680 Posts
4.6 years ago
Sorry when did i say Gears is COD?

Like I said, Keep Execution... Just run a Warzone ladder aswell, try them both out
I didn't say that, but I know your clan is a notorious COD/RSV clan and your usual expectations would be the same. Don't bash the gametype without fully understanding how the competitive version of it works. Warzone would most likely bring more harm than good to be perfectly honest.
AU Joffrey Dies
468 Posts
4.6 years ago
I do realize that a rule set has not been finalized yet but a lot of people are hating on the retro lancer. I do realize that it is a lancer but it has to be different then other lancer you cant expect both the lancers to be exactly the same it would just seem pointless. So i would suggest that retro lancer does not get banned
AU CriKey!
1,678 Posts
4.6 years ago
also ban the sawed off shotgun!
AU hurly
1,664 Posts
4.6 years ago
tdm would be best imo or warzone only gnashers and lancers
Hello I am a human
4.6 years ago
could the admins let us know about weapon swaps soon or an idea on initial weapon swaps so teams without players who decide the swaps can start strating accordingly.
AU Chief Igloo
680 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from Korova on the 24th of September 2011:
could the admins let us know about weapon swaps soon or an idea on initial weapon swaps so teams without players who decide the swaps can start strating accordingly.

The weapon swaps are almost in place as is the usage of weapons and whatnot, expect to hear about it soon!
NZ Midnite
1,176 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from Freezeee on the 24th of September 2011:
I do realize that a rule set has not been finalized yet but a lot of people are hating on the retro lancer. I do realize that it is a lancer but it has to be different then other lancer you cant expect both the lancers to be exactly the same it would just seem pointless. So i would suggest that retro lancer does not get banned

I agree with you 100%. The starting rifle has been a hot topic and we do think we've got a pretty good ruleset to start things off. It is going to take a lot of feedback from all the players to refine it and get it as good as possible but its a good start.

Quote from Korova on the 24th of September 2011:

They are going to be up very shortly.
4.6 years ago
thank you admins for being on the ball, execution is the best selection for this game even though warzone is what we are used to.

XBOXONE: CoD:BO3 4v4 Objective / Variant
Starting in: 6 hours, 7 min Signups open
XBOXONE: CoD:BO3 3v3 S&D
Starting in: 8 hours, 7 min Signups open
ViewWeekly CyberGamer premium goal
58%
Follow CG On:
Prized Tournaments - Your preference?
Big prizes and less tournaments
Medium prizes and average amount of tournies
Smaller prizes and lots of tournaments
Don't mind