Games
NZ TheInfamousHOSS
35 Posts
3.2 years ago

After the success and fun of the first one and due to the fact I gave out free entry to a future AuckLAN as prizes at AuckLAN 1, I have decided to do it once more. So without further ado, it gives me great pleasure to announce AuckLAN #2 (2011) which will be held at the EchoLAN LAN Studio. This will be the second and final AuckLAN so don't miss out!

Dates/times: Friday June 17th @ 7pm - Sunday June 19th @ 1pm

Capacity: 28 (plus admins)

AuckLAN is R18 due to being BYO drinks. Anyone under 18 will be denied entry regardless of whether they've prepaid.

Ticket pricing:
* nzGN entry - $15 (nzGN members as specified by yourself)
* Public entry - $25 (all other attendees from the public)
* Door sales - $30 (or $20 if an nzGN member)

We will be running 2 tournaments:
* FPS marathon consisting of CounterStrike Source, Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Please note: the FPS marathon will be a one-off and kept separate from the ongoing FPS marathon Ladder held at normal EchoLANs. Signups upon arrival at the LAN.
* Day of Defeat Source tournament. Team size and format to be decided based on sign ups. Signups upon arrival at the LAN.

There will be a prize for the winner of the FPS marathon and slightly smaller prizes for each member in the winning DOD:S tournament team.

Schedule is as follows:
Friday:
7pm doors open
Casual gaming
8:30pm FPS marathon starts - CSS gungame pug
10:00pm FPS marathon - Team Fortress 2 pug

Saturday:
12:00pm FPS marathon - Call of Duty 4 pug
2:00pm DOD:S tournament (round robin) team size to be decided based on signups followed by a prizegiving

Sunday:
1:00pm LAN ends, venue closes.

nzGN members and earliest prepays will get preference if sales get close to capacity.

AuckLAN is NOT invite-only, it IS open to the public but bear in mind it is run by nzGN for nzGN so our games, schedule, etc.. will be with nzGN in mind.

register/prepay at www.echolan.co.nz

Any questions, feel free to ask
Me - (Steam username = InfaHoss), theinfamoushoss@hotmail.com, 0274253346 or head on over to www.nzgn.co.nz
Sambridg and/or whitebob (EchoLAN founders/Head Admins) - add them in Steam through my profile or head on over to www.echolan.co.nz
[IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/TheInfamousHoss/HOSSSIG.png[/img]
AU Keez_
1,104 Posts
3.2 years ago
Only if I stilled live in Auckland!
NZ WarFear
1,290 Posts
3.2 years ago
MIGHT be keen for this
NZ TheInfamousHOSS
35 Posts
3.2 years ago
nzGN in association with EchoLAN and sponsored by Rangitoto IT proudly announce our tournaments for the second and final upcoming AuckLAN 2!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tournaments:
* 4v4 DOD:S competition. We're currently looking at 2 teams of 4 on a round robin basis (i.e. a best of 3 or 5 series) but there may still be more registrations to come so that could become more teams or a 5v5 scenario. Teams will be formed at random at the event.

* FPS Marathon. This would follow our usual format of all-vs-all/Deathmatch style spread across 3 FPS games. The best player over a combination of all 3 games Note: DOD:S will not be one of the games due it being in the other tournament, the games will most likely be CSS, COD4, TF2 and/or UT3.

We are aiming for either one of the FPS marathon games or the first game of the DOD:S round robin to kick off on the Friday night around 8:30/9ish once everyone has settled in. The rest of the games will be aimed for midday through to evening on the Saturday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prizes:
* nzGN are proudly providing each member of the winning DOD:S team with a retail copy of a popular recent game. These are brand new, full RRP games. They are all different so the winning team will have to decide amongst them who gets what.

* Rangitoto IT are coming to the party too providing a 500GB 2.5" external USB Hard Drive to the winner of the FPS Marathon. There may well be a runner-up prize floating around too...

On top of all of that, there may be spot-prizes, a bbq and there will certainly be a fun party atmosphere. We are hoping for plenty of drinking, some music and a good festive environment. Get signed up, prepaid and get ya mates along for the last LAN at the EchoLAN studio and the last nzGN AuckLAN! With just 2 weeks to go, get in fast! Look forward to seeing you all there!
AU Coldfront
131 Posts
3.2 years ago
lol dod source at a LAN
AU Lucky Strike.
61 Posts
3.2 years ago
Coldplay, you must be the most miserable bastard in this community.
Jim, if you grew up in some posh south eastern gaylord area you would be fucked
AU daveofdefeat
170 Posts
3.2 years ago
Can't blame him for calling it like it is.
AU Lucky Strike.
61 Posts
3.2 years ago
Oh no, of course not.

Still a miserable bastard though.
AU Coldfront
131 Posts
3.2 years ago
Game is dead
you get cut when I tell you

I would say you are miserable that your holding onto a dead game.
NZ TheInfamousHOSS
35 Posts
3.1 years ago
yeah, I wouldn't actually expect a full-scale LAN with an actual competitive DOD:S tournament in New Zealand. I'm not so stupid as to believe that's possible (having actually attempted one with plenty of notice on a bigger scale back when DOD:S was actually pumping).

For those wondering, this is a fairly small-scale LAN where most people will know each other. I only really posted it in these forums to extend the invitation. If you're loooking for a COMPETITIVE DOD:S LAN tournament, this ISN'T the right LAN for you. If you're looking for a late, boozy and fun DOD:S tournament then this probably IS the LAN for you!

FYI: you'd be denied entry regardless shitfront. Although I hear you dodge LANs anyway..
AU Lucky Strike.
61 Posts
3.1 years ago
Quote from Coldplay on the 3rd of June 2011:
Game is dead
you get cut when I tell you

I would say you are miserable that your holding onto a dead game.

As I asked, wanna bum?

ITT: He mad because I play dods.
AU Coldfront
131 Posts
3.1 years ago
nah good lan
NZ TheInfamousHOSS
35 Posts
3.1 years ago
awww how sweet