Games
AU JAYLEEG
2,173 Posts
3.7 years ago
Well as we all know Queensland has had a serious Cyclone called "Cyclone Yasi".
Queensland have cop't it hard these last few weeks with the floods and now this?
Cyclone Yasi was the biggest Cyclone Australia's ever had, maybe the world not sure.

For donation's on the Flood's, please go too;
Donate Now

As people have lost there home's, work, everything and the least we could do is just sit around doing nothing.

Anyway, getting onto the Natural Disaster discussion,
here are some serious disasters that has happened to our world...

Great Fire of London

The Great Fire of London was a major conflagration that swept through the central parts of the English city of London, from Sunday, 2 September to Wednesday, 5 September 1666. This disaster had taken the homes 70 000 of 80 000 inhabitants. The death toll was estimated to be small, only around 6 people had died. But as we all know, this is one of the worst disasters England have ever had. This reasoning has recently been challenged on the grounds that the deaths of poor and middle-class people were not recorded anywhere, and that the heat of the fire may have cremated many victims, leaving no recognisable remains.

The Great Fire of London had all started from a Bakery Shop at midnight 2 September Sunday when a fire had suddenly appeared nearly burning down many many things. The wind did no good when it appeared to spread the fire even worse burning down thousands of homes. Now back then houses in wood were made of wood and were highly flammable. On Tuesday the 4th the fire had spread to the heart of London's city. Luckily the way this fire had stopped was by the east wind settling down, so the firefighters could take control.

China, 1887

Well in China 1887 have had the worst flood in the "Modern History" in the Yellow River where it had overflowed causing th death toll to raise up too 900,000 - 1 000 000 people.

China, 1942 - 1943

China has had a lot happened to them as well, but this disaster has happened by a "Drought" in Henan had taken the lives of more than 1 000 000 people!

The 1999 Bridge Creek F5 Tornado

On May 3, 1999, a tornado outbreak lasting for 3 days, began with a bang, when an F5 formed at about 7:12 PM local time. This tornado was the most powerful windstorm ever recorded on Earth, at 318 mph. It killed 36 people, and traveled northeast from Amber, through Bridge Creek and Moore. Moore is a southern suburb of Oklahoma City, and had the tornado veered north into the city, it would have probably caused more deaths than any other tornado in history, and become the costliest.

8,000 houses were obliterated. It shredded large vehicles with debris, and then wrapped them around telephone poles, threw them completely through warehouses, and pine straw all the way through 8-inch-thick pine trees.

This was the first time that the local weather stations reported over radio that if residents were not securely underground, they would be killed. Hiding under mattresses in batht
ubs, in ditches, or under overpasses was insufficient.

The September 11 attacks, often referred to as September 11th or 9/11, were a series of coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda upon the United States on September 11, 2001. On that morning, 19 al-Qaeda terrorists hijacked four commercial passenger jet airliners. The hijackers intentionally crashed two of the airliners into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, killing everyone on board and many others working in the buildings. Both buildings collapsed within two hours, destroying nearby buildings and damaging others. The hijackers crashed a third airliner into the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C. The fourth plane crashed into a field near Shanksville in rural Pennsylvania after some of its passengers and flight crew attempted to retake control of the plane, which the hijackers had redirected toward Washington, D.C to target the White House. There were no survivors from any of the flights.

Nearly 3,000 victims and the 19 hijackers died in the attacks. According to the New York State Health Department, 836 responders, including firefighters and police personnel, have died as of June 2009. Among the 2,752 victims who died in the attacks on the World Trade Center were 343 firefighters and 60 police officers from New York City and the Port Authority. 184 people were killed in the attacks on the Pentagon. The overwhelming majority of casualties were civilians, including nationals of over 70 countries. In addition, there was at least one secondary death-one person was ruled by a medical examiner to have died from lung disease due to exposure to dust from the collapse of the World Trade Center.

Click - 9/11 World Trade Centres

YouTube Video

I know i was only young when this disaster had happened, but i do slightly remember it and i do remember watching news 24/7 about the Towers. These Towers had stood for a long time and didn't deserve to be brought down.
God be with all the people that died (besides the Hijackers) and i'm hoping nothing like this will ever happen to Sydney (or wherever you live) or it's Harbor Bridge.

(Not Natural as it was caused by men) ^^^^

Other Disasters from 2003-2010

Europe Heat Waves- 35,000 dead
Iran Earthquake- 31,000 to 43,000 dead

Hurricane Jeanne- 3,037 dead
Asian Tsunami- 225,000 to 275,000 dead

Hurricane Katrina- 1,836 dead
Hurricane Stan- 1,598 dead
Pakistan Earthquake- 75,000 dead

Burma (Myanmar) Cyclone- 146,000 dead
China Earthquake- 70,000 dead

Global Swine Flu- 11,800 dead

Haiti Earthquake- 316,000+ dead
Chile Earthquake- 750 dead
Iceland Volcanic eruption
Pakistan Flooding- 1,800 dead
Russia Heatwave-15,000 dead
Tibet earthquake-2220 dead

*Queensland Cyclone Yasi - Unknown
*Queensland Flood - Unknown
*Suicide Attack (Moscow) - 35 dead
*Egypt Riot - 8-9 dead (so far)
*New Zealand - over 250 (so far)

Anyway, conclusion to this thread, R.I.P to all the Victim's that have died, I'm sorry to the families that have gone through there heartbreaking situations.

SPOILER: Click to view

New Zealand Earthquake

Well not long ago New Zealand - Chistchurch had a 6.3 Magnitude earthquake that devastated New Zealand.
Over 200 people lost their lives during the destruction of the builings/houses.
It was the 2nd worst earthquake to hit New Zealand in 5 months.
More than 130 people have been rescued and most probably still be continuened.
Best of luck to the people that lost their homes / lives / work.

And we pray that the people in the CyberGamer community get back up and stay strong.

this is just a quick brief summary of the Disaster, but i will update more a bit later.

R.I.P to the people in ChristChurch.

Edited twice, last edited 1/3/11 - 7:55pm.
Dylan removed a post by Navstaa.
AU mwkc
539 Posts
3.7 years ago
Natural distasters - 911

wat
AU Frenchie
3,942 Posts
3.7 years ago
Big build up 2012 - Worlds end.
AU Navstaa
1,500 Posts
3.7 years ago
Quote from Limitz_xx on the 3rd of February 2011:
Big build up 2012 - Worlds end.
deep
//CGM XBOX Paranoia. // CGP PS3 R!OT: Team Azure. // 4v4 ps3/Xbox Team Azure //
AU JAYLEEG
2,173 Posts
3.7 years ago
Who know's what will happen in 2012,
2011 seems to be leading up to it. lol
Phalanx removed a post by Shizmoo.
Phalanx removed a post by Slayer.
AU JAYLEEG
2,173 Posts
3.7 years ago
As the title says "Disasters of the World" so its kind of mixed.
Phalanx removed a post by Marzie.
AU My_Oath
62 Posts
3.7 years ago
"Cyclone Yasi was the biggest Cyclone Australia's ever had, "

Absolute balderdash. The media succumbed to hyperbole and made this ridiculous statement before being corrected by the Bureau. Rather than do the honorable thing and retract the stupid assertion, they qualified it by saying 'one of THE BIGGEST'.

While being a very significant weather event, it is not:
a) unusual or unique
b) the most powerful
c) the most damaging
d) the fastest (TC Olivia 408 km/hr) - world record for the fastest non-tornado winds ever recorded, but being in WA the media are blind to it and the damage it did.

As for your assertion about World Record - please refer to the following image - and bear in mind that Katrina isn't the 'biggest eva' either but is merely used as a reference given its prominence in the sheeple's cognisance.

www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/cyclone-season-2010-2011/comparison.htm
___ but then again I could be wrong... It might happen one day...
Phalanx buried a post by Replicaa. Show
AU JAYLEEG
2,173 Posts
3.7 years ago
I know, so many houses have falllen,

everything's ruined.
Phalanx removed a post by .
Phalanx buried a post by JAYLEEG. Show