Games
AU tgun
125 Posts
4.2 years ago
Quote from Rampager on the 14th of August 2010:
Quote from tgun on the 14th of August 2010:
Just read the massive post, and it honest to god seems like a huge bitch/whine post. If it was zerg winning constantly, I don't think he'd give even half a damn. It's just because "his race" is "underpowered" that it sucks.

That's not what that post was about at all. He lined out some clear reasons why the ZvT early-midgame is lacking in viable options for Zerg vs. viable options for Terran. Read the words without the impression of the player changing your thoughts on the content.

e: You sort of clarified yourself, but Idra is not a "little bitch" in that post at all.

My problem is that he points out problems which are only killed by a main strat he likes to use: the zerg FE. Very few games have I seen of Idra where he does have some sort of a FE up (<5min) because he favours macro play. (and I mean, why wouldn't he? He's a great macro player). My problem is he is >very< hesitant to sacrifice an overlord to scout which pretty much gives him all the information you need (techswitching as a terran in anything but a 1/1/1 build is a chore). Will do a more indepth post later.
AU Rampager
22 Posts
4.2 years ago
I can see what your saying (kudos for the neutral tone, didn't mean for my original post to sound harsh) although I won't aim to defend Idra's position as I don't see much point but a fast expand is almost mandatory, there's no way to match a T army or economy on a 1-base. Overlord saccing is a valid Idra criticism but I'm not him so won't say much there. Anyway, game time
AU xceL
4,998 Posts
4.2 years ago
To sum up Idra's words:
Zerg is harder to play. I play Zerg, whinge whinge Terran is easy to play. I like crying.
CGidiot: "Baited" - Enth: "I FUCKEN DONT SEE ANY LINE AND SINKERS YA FAGGOTS AYE"
AU Rafreakee
1,218 Posts
4.2 years ago
T is easy to play though you need like an IQ of a melon to play it >_>
AU zoltanium
953 Posts
4.2 years ago
idra haters gonna hate
hooah
AU tgun
125 Posts
4.2 years ago
Quote from Rampager on the 14th of August 2010:
I can see what your saying (kudos for the neutral tone, didn't mean for my original post to sound harsh) although I won't aim to defend Idra's position as I don't see much point but a fast expand is almost mandatory, there's no way to match a T army or economy on a 1-base. Overlord saccing is a valid Idra criticism but I'm not him so won't say much there. Anyway, game time

S'all good, my first post was kind of bleh. Will give a nice, detailed response when I get the chance.
AU Dox
476 Posts
4.2 years ago
Quote from Diragz on the 13th of August 2010:
waht i dont understand is he is always having a cry at imbalance teams... he should just play terran, rape the shit out of eveyrone just to prove his point.
He played Terran originally and switched to Zerg half way through beta.
| Twitter: @NvDox | Skype: Dox_au | Steam: Dox_au | Facebook: DoxSC2 |
AU neg
9,821 Posts
4.2 years ago
funny that
The neg - Config tweak the game to the point you have as much advantage as a hacker.
AU skipgamer
12 Posts
4.2 years ago
The thing that annoys me, is he constantly says there are no good Terran players. Why doesn't he just play Terran and dominate if it's so "easy"?

I've got little problems with IdrA and I actually admire his heavy macro based strategies... But damn man, I'm sick of all the Zerg out there going "Terran is imba because IdrA says so."

Really, if you're not at the top top level it doesn't really matter, people can't execute strategies flawlessly anyway and you can still win. Considering our top player is Zerg (glade fighting!) I doubt many of us are at that level?
AU ftrunkz
391 Posts
4.2 years ago
www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=144086

from the far and away best European zerg...
Pinder on sc2, member of http://www.archaic-esports.com/
AU SensatorLS
11 Posts
4.2 years ago
He is right to a degree, but it's really not as bad as he makes it out to be. He's a drama player, that's his thing, the tennis equivalent to John Mackinrow. I wouldn't say he doesn't have a point, because he does, it's just that he exaggerates things exponentially.
AU neg
9,821 Posts
4.2 years ago
yeah because you are top 5 in the world so clearly that makes sense

i think the majority of his gripe is it is far too easy a top the end of the spectrum
The neg - Config tweak the game to the point you have as much advantage as a hacker.
AU BLACK DYNAMIGHT
4,201 Posts
4.2 years ago
Dimaga and Sheth, two big Zerg names are likely moving to Terran now.

www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=144086

Terran nerfs are likely going to happen soon if pros keep changing to Terran

EDIT2: Whoops, Pinder already posted this before... My bad

Edited twice, last edited 16/8/10 - 3:51am.
DYNAMITE, DYNAMITE
AU BLACK DYNAMIGHT
4,201 Posts
4.2 years ago
www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=144149

Another good thread

BTW. I am not a Zerg player, I just think Terran are imbalanced so I applaud their efforts for trying to get their message out.
DYNAMITE, DYNAMITE