Games
AU extacy
5,112 Posts
5.3 years ago
All players must have Garena for their match, unless organized prior to the match that both teams wish to host and play on Board Aussie.

Part 1 - Installation

Garena Home Page
Once the page is open download the "English Version Download" from either of the three mirrors.

Part 2 - Registering

Once Garena is installed, click on Garena a little box with appear, down the bottom left you will see Register, go through the steps etc etc. You will not need to click links in email btw.

Part 3 - Logging in

Once logged in with your user name and password you will see game icons on the left hand side of the window you will see "War3 RPG" click that, then just to the right of that you will see a bunch of locations and country's around the world, scroll down and find Oceania, Join "Australian DoTA Room #10, that will be the designated DOTA room for matches until we get a separate one for CyberGamer.

Part 4 - Hosting and Joining

The defending team on the ladder will be the hosting team unless agreed with both teams prior the match. Once in the dota room on Garena, press Join Game, it will automatically load up Frozen Throne, then click "Local Area Connection - LAN" and you should see the server you are looking for.

Edited once, 10/1/09 - 8:38pm.
0 Posts
5.3 years ago
/sticky
AU firewizard
3,535 Posts
5.3 years ago
delay reducer for everyone hosting as well? Dont know if that works with garena, should though/
:3
AU panzotron
1,724 Posts
5.3 years ago
LAN has delay of 100ms. (not an issue)
0 Posts
5.3 years ago
Yeah i think garena has a built in delay reducer. Even if its ~20ms slower, wont make a difference.
AU Oza64
467 Posts
5.3 years ago
^
Yes Garena has inbult delay reducer and you can tunnel people if they are experiancing lag.

as for the DR thing, it sets all games to 90 MS instead of the deafult 250 MS on battle.net and Bored Aussies.
Stay in drugs, Dont do milk and take your School ... ?
AU numb
9 Posts
5.3 years ago
ok.. i did all of that but i still cant see or join any games... a bunch of people i know have the same problem... and ideas?
0 Posts
5.3 years ago
Quote from numb:
ok.. i did all of that but i still cant see or join any games... a bunch of people i know have the same problem... and ideas?
Are you sure theres a game up?
Its not as active as BA for pub games, it's mainly used as an inhouse/scrim program.
AU numb
9 Posts
5.3 years ago
yeh we had like 8 people... one was hosting. some of the others could see and join the game but some of them couldn't.... i couldn't. ta anyway
0 Posts
5.3 years ago
Quote from numb:
yeh we had like 8 people... one was hosting. some of the others could see and join the game but some of them couldn't.... i couldn't. ta anyway
van1sh has a similar problem. It most likely has something to do with your firewall/hoster's firewall, incompatibility or perhaps neither of you have portforwarded properly.
AU nd_
1,331 Posts
5.3 years ago
Quote from hexiiK:
or perhaps neither of you have portforwarded properly.

As far as i am aware, Gayrena runs over LAN which would eliminate the need to forward ports. Firewalls!!
nd - Who is he?
0 Posts
5.3 years ago
Quote from nd:
Garena runs over LAN which would eliminate the need to forward ports. Firewalls!!
But its still on the internetz so you would have to forward ports for Garena? Or maybe i'm wrong.
AU numb
9 Posts
5.3 years ago
im pretty sure you dont.... and if you do that should definately be put in 'setting up garena for matches'.

i tried turning firewall of but it didnt make any difference
AU TheOne
1,764 Posts
5.3 years ago
get the host to tunnel the people that cant see the server, then close the game and reopen.
owned