OP
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
Post Likes: 5

We have to start off with a BIG congratulations to all divisional winners for the Predator CGPL Autumn series.

CGp ( invited to championships )
Chiefs Esports Club - $5501
Avant Garde - $2500

CGi
Athletico - $1250
Funky Monkeys - $750

CGm
Global Sanction
Athletico Academy

CGa
The Wiggles
Node

Moving forward we are using a relegation and promotion system in 2017 (and hopefully beyond)

CGp Relegation Must retain 3 core
Date: 1/05/2017
Format: Double elimination - top 4 teams proceed to CGp ( once top 4 teams decided qualifier can end) If running late, games may be finished on the second with admin approval.
Auto Berth from CGPL Autumn ( must retain 3 core )
Chiefs - Champions
Avant Garde - Runner Up
Team Immunity - LAN Finalist
Legacy - LAN Finalist

Relegation Teams( these teams need to create a team on the tournament page)
Teams from CGp CGPL Autumn
SYF
Cypher
Corvidae
Alpha

CGi Top 2
Funky Monkeys
Athletico

Injected teams (Max two) - Must have at least 3 players from CGPL Autumn 2017 or or have played in the ZEN or AU NZ championship in the last season.
Teams: TBA ( if more than 2 teams fit this requirement, a pre-qualifier competition will be required on the 22nd April )

Seeding
1 SYF
2 Cypher
3 Corvidae
4 Alpha
5 Athletico
6 Funky Monkey
7 Injected One
8 Injected two

CGi/m/a will have a similar system in place and a post about this will be out shortly.

CGPL Winter 2017 kicks off 13th May 2017 with more details to come in the next few weeks. Finals will be held at the Cybergamer studios July 14th-16th 2017.

CGp Winter 2017 will have a total prize pool of $15,000
1st - $7,500
2nd - $3,500
3rd - $2,000
4th - $2,000
This will give the total competition for CSGO a prize pool of $21,000

*edited prizepool 24/4/17 updated

Edited 5 times, last edited 24/4/17 - 10:38pm.
Downvote
5 wks ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • CG AU Site Admin
  • AU RL Admin
  • Rainbow 6 Admin
  • PC Overwatch Admin
  • Paladins Admin
  • AU PC Content Team
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
76%
Post Likes: 2
ez4fm?
Downvote
5 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • @Strat0s_CS
________________________________________GazR the salt king_________________________________________
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
78%
AU PC Content Team
Post Likes: 9
Just a heads up I feel like the injected teams requirements is very good in the case of the CGp division. Though if this is applied to lower divisions I think its a bit broad to be putting some of the teams with a core 3 into these spots from last season (compared to other seasons as last season was probably the weakest it's been IMO).

There are countless other teams which have been developed in the time CGPL Autumn has been running as well as after due to teams disbanding. Wont seem fair if the lower divisions don't get a FFYI again due to this core 3 rule, as there is much more teams outside CGPL that didn't play last season that are the same if not better then the current teams that competed.
Downvote
5 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • @burkCS
AU
using Firefox 3.5
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 6
system works for CGp, but that's about it. the whole injected team thing doesn't work for lower divisions as teams die constantly towards the end of seasons. no system will encourage/promote staying together, because if people are going to disband they're going to disband, there's just not enough incentive in the AU scene (salaries, contracts, time) for people to look past egos and hard times. in CGm and CGi (most certainly m) FFYI's, i feel there's going to be more "injected" teams than there are teams that have stuck together. honestly this system will only promote splitting up, and it will keep dedicated teams from advancing. all you'd need to do is create a team in off season or mid season, stick together until FFYI, wait for the inevitable disbanding of teams in CGi & m, have past season results/experience, get injected into FFYI and bamn easy spot.

but hey, that's just me :>
Downvote
5 wks ago
my dad can beat up your dad
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
76%
Post Likes: 1
Clashes with minor ??
Downvote
5 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Iyenman
twitch.tv/officialiyen, @iyencs
OP
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
Ill look at the date regarding the Asian quals.

for the other comments, the CGm/i/a process is not posted yet because its not finalised.
Downvote
5 wks ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • CG AU Site Admin
  • AU RL Admin
  • Rainbow 6 Admin
  • PC Overwatch Admin
  • Paladins Admin
  • AU PC Content Team
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
69%
Quote from dogryan100 on the 16th of April 2017:
This clashes with the OCE qualifier for the asian minor, lol.

Why is this a thing??? Why can't you guys schedule so it doesn't?
Downvote
5 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 4
looking forward to the cgm/i system.
Downvote
5 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 9
When does CGO relegation happen? Asking for a mate
Downvote
5 wks ago
US
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 3
LETS GO FM
Downvote
5 wks ago
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
77%
Seems like every season we have a different format
Downvote
5 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 49.0
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 2
Awesome work with how everything has been running with CG and excited for the next season. =D
Downvote
5 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
78%
Post Likes: 5
Was actually in the midst of writing a thread on these changes, putting my 2 cents in.

I agree wholeheartedly with cJaay and burkz, only gonna encourage team hopping/disbanding in teams that don't make top 2.
Works for CGP since literally half the league has to fight for their position, but in lower leagues I see it resulting in stagnation (M and I) and a lot of team instability (A primarily, but M as well).

Personally i think it would be better to have top 4 retaining a guaranteed spot in their current league (but still able to compete in FFYI), and the winner of every division getting a place in the higher league (with the exception of I to P) to give some reward (besides monetary) to winning, with the rest having to FFYI with some number of teams.
Downvote
5 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • My name's Dom, but you can call me Daddy.
New signature who dis?
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
73%
Sure, maybe promote top 2 in each division of CGa, CGm, and CGi upwards, but with CGp you can recycle the teams cause they have nowhere to go. You can't exactly promote top 6 of CGm to CGi and then have 2 open invite spots, hopefully there'll be 6 free spots and an FFYI for it.

Btw @Cyanide. when's "shortly" in regards to the other divisional information? Does that mean hours or days.
Downvote
5 wks ago
asesino. sladez`: 15 year old prodigy
JD-
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
79%
A rigid system like this which promotes team stability removes the need for any admin selection and allows our scene to develop skill wise as teams are less likely to die at the end of the season. Teams will focus more on playing proper cs instead of just pugging it out and disbanding if it doesnt work.

There is a clear path of progression from bottom to top and teams who perform will reach the top. Teams that die and reform with players from the same division are also benefited as they can be given a injected slot in the ffyi.

The system works well in Esea and in a couple of seasons it will be fine here.
Downvote
5 wks ago

Follow CG On:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 6 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our April Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1152 Votes