Powered by GIGABYTE
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 5
Greetings Fellow Cybergamers,

Recently we have seen a huge spike in the PUGBOT system (http://au.cybergamer.com/pug/pc/csgo/ for reference) in the past year which previously was dead. As a frequent user of this system I find one of the best parts of it is the fact that users who create pugs can:
- Set minimum months player restriction
- minimum pug rank restriction
- PUG Pro mode (captain picks and Vetoes)

However after playing approx 60ish pugs over the last few months I wanted to draw attention to and open discussion to two things I think could be improved. I understand if people disagree but would love to here opinions from people familiar with the PUG system and other Pug systems.

Point One: Clear advantage of being first pick
SPOILER: Click to view

Point Two: Time restriction for pick bans and max wait for joining and ready up servers, limitations on who can pause matches
SPOILER: Click to view

In conclusion i just wanted to create this thread to see if people agree or if the admins are able to have a look into this. I understand to some it's probably not a big deal but thought I'd draw attention regardless to some PUGBOT issues just because I'd like to see general user input as personally I do get frustrated when I auto lose a match through a system that can be changed.

Edited 4 times, last edited 20/3/17 - 4:16pm.
Downvote
2 days ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • No Gym <3
"I'm actually a really nice guy"
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
75%
Just for reiteration my argument about first pick is not that specific games are always going to be unbalanced and the results will always be set a certain way. The argument is the trend over games is that first pick will always be either even or advantaged due to power of always being able to pick the best player in sets of two.
Downvote
2 days ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • No Gym <3
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
71%
nice.
Downvote
2 days ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
68%
As far as point one, I feel that as a captain your goal shouldn't be to pick the best team you possibly can, you should pick a team that is roughly balanced to the other team. Obviously in practice not everyone is gonna follow that but if most captains follow this the quality of the games should increase.
Downvote
2 days ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
76%
Post Likes: 1
i agree
Downvote
2 days ago
  • Additional:
  • T1 Monopoly AU
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
77%
Post Likes: 2
I love being first pick
Downvote
2 days ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Save your opinion
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
75%
Quote from Lungs on the 20th of March 2017:
As far as point one, I feel that as a captain your goal shouldn't be to pick the best team you possibly can, you should pick a team that is roughly balanced to the other team. Obviously in practice not everyone is gonna follow that but if most captains follow this the quality of the games should increase.

I mean adding a ranking system and then a Captain pick system is so counter productive and totally nullifies this point.
As long as there are ranks there will always be a reason for people to win pugs which starts with picking the best team you possibly can.
Downvote
2 days ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • No Gym <3
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
66%
Being last pick is good, always get T side first half

Edited once, 20/3/17 - 2:37pm.
Downvote
2 days ago
FaSHo0o0o0o : Dude no one knows or cares about your cg signature
NZ
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
74%
!ko3 for first pick in-game

EleGiggle
Downvote
2 days ago
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
74%
I think the pugs as they are right now are good, but the people who get Captain are questionable.

The game time is a big issue though, I dont see why you have to type .ready after clicking ready in CG pug. It should give players 3m to connect to server and TS or receive a short pug ban, otherwise average game takes 1h instead of 40m.

Also the fact that ringer system is so difficult means if someone leaves mid game they have no punishment and the pug is ended
Downvote
2 days ago
"How can JuicyG do that. He's only low CGa"
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
75%
Juicy I agree they are good but that's not really my point. My point is they could be improved with a more in depth look at team picks.

Also I'm of the opinion 3 minutes probably isn't enough time but the .r thing is pretty dumb it can mean lobbies get held hostage by afk's in warmup as well as people who refuse to ready up because they want to "warmup more"
Downvote
2 days ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • No Gym <3
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
100%
CG Co-Founder
Post Likes: 4
Yeah i can fix both issues, will do.
Downvote
2 days ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
75%
Quote from Asterix on the 21st of March 2017:
Yeah i can fix both issues, will do.
Cool thanks dude

@Asterix can you do a patch note or something so we know when it goes live?

Edited once, 19h 30m ago.
Downvote
1 day ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • No Gym <3