AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Hey guys, Im not very good with pc tech stuff so i thought I'd just ask here

I've currently got a nvidia GTX 750 TI and im upgrading to the nvidia GTX 1050 TI

my processor is AMD (tm) - 8350 Eight Core processor - 4.00 GHZ

Does this need to be upgrades as well or will my fps be increased just by the graphics card Currently I'm running in CS:GO on the 2nd lowest settings and sometimes experience slide shows or graphics jumping when playing, not all the time but a few times per map. Fps is sittiing at roughly 130
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 1
csgo is a cpu heavy cunt of a game.

your fps will improve but probably not as much as you expect.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
75%
I got a 1070 and the only difference in FPS is playing Inferno/Nuke... I'm still only on like 220fps
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
the 8350 isnt real good for gaming tbh youll probs find a bigger improvement from upgrading cpu to like a i5 6600k. Put a bit of research into it and make sure all your gear supports each other and shit
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Quote from CJB"ustuup on the 19th of March 2017:
the 8350 isnt real good for gaming tbh youll probs find a bigger improvement from upgrading cpu to like a i5 6600k. Put a bit of research into it and make sure all your gear supports each other and shit

so do you mean better cpu processor will help my fps ?

Edited twice, last edited 19/3/17 - 11:41pm.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Quote from S-Dawg on the 19th of March 2017:

have a look at bench mark tests with i5 6600k & your gpu on csgo to get an idea but yes i believe the cpu will help a lot with stuttering and increase frames overall
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%

have a look at bench mark tests with i5 6600k & your gpu on csgo to get an idea but yes i believe the cpu will help a lot with stuttering and increase frames overall

does my motherboard have to be competable as well or just the processor and graphics card for the fps peformance ?

Thanks for the help

Edited 3 times, last edited 20/3/17 - 12:11am.
Downvote
4 months ago
AXN
AU
Rep:
75%
Get that intel thats worth 1800

it's the best
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%

does my motherboard have to be competable as well or just the processor and graphics card for the fps peformance ?

Thanks for the help

yes motherboard will need to support the socket and other aspects of cpu otherwise it bottlenecks or some shit haha. Just make sure all your stuff will be compatible, google is your friend
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Quote from CJB"ustuup on the 20th of March 2017:

Thanks for the help

yes motherboard will need to support the socket and other aspects of cpu otherwise it bottlenecks or some shit haha. Just make sure all your stuff will be compatible, google is your friend

is a i5 6600k the best way to go ? i dont really see anyone mentioning this model when i google it, seems a little outdated now ? only need it for gaming though, is this the standard processor peformance wise for most you're average gamer ?
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Depending on what graphics settings you have your game will change what csgo uses more, having lower settings (or lower res) will make csgo use more CPU but having it on higher settings will use more the graphics card
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
welp just found out i gotta upgrade my motherboard as well to go with the I5-7600 any recommendations for good ASUS/Gigabyte motherboards for CS:GO still gonna be using a GTX 1050 TI graphcs,i might consider upgrading my process to something slightly faster however.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
72%
I'm using an i5 6600k with a gigabyte mobo. I can't remember 100% which model, but tbh any one will do fine provided it has the right socket for the cpu. If you are in Sydney, I'd suggest heading in to msy and purchasing from there, as those guys can help you make sure you get the correct stuff and they are pretty cheap.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Oh, and if for some reason you don't have an SSD, make that a priority also... I put off buying one for far too long myself, and while it doesn't make a massive impact on gaming outside load times, the quality of life for almost every aspect of using your PC is improved.
Downvote
4 months ago
OP
AU
Rep:
45%
Quote from TEiAM on the 20th of March 2017:
I'm using an i5 6600k with a gigabyte mobo. I can't remember 100% which model, but tbh any one will do fine provided it has the right socket for the cpu. If you are in Sydney, I'd suggest heading in to msy and purchasing from there, as those guys can help you make sure you get the correct stuff and they are pretty cheap.

do you know if the Asus B150M Pro Gaming motherboard will be good enough for CS:GO with the Intel I5-6600
Downvote
4 months ago