Login:
? Sign Up!
Powered by GIGABYTE
AU
using Chrome 50.0
Rep:
68%
Well, that's my meme for the day found.

I look forward to the next reddit clip and youtube video.

Downvote
3 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • @deadfulcs
"I'm pretty sure I just got cancer from watching that" - BlueTwo 2015
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
65%
You're legit wasting 20k on cgo/cga skilled level players -.-
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Quote from lukeaye on the 3rd of March 2017:
Quote from f0oster on the 3rd of March 2017:

I am not really interested in arguing the difference between biology and the status of gender identity norms, but it's very clear there isn't any tangible biological advantages for males playing video games over females, so sex discrimination and sex specific privilege makes literally no sense at all.

While I agree with everything else you have said, this part could not be further from the truth.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-women-have-slower-reaction-times-than-men

Plenty of scientific studies show women have far slower reaction times to both visual and audio stimulus than male counterparts.

They are at a DISTINCT disadvantage when it comes to gaming.

For that reason, like most other competitive environments, the separation of males and females is appropriate.

I see where you are coming from but the difference really is nominal. When you take into account the fact that the average difference in reaction times is less than the difference in players pings it really is quite an insignificant number.

On a related note to that, there is at least one (probably more) study that suggests the apparent gap between male and female reaction times is steadily reducing as females are becoming more active and involved in activities that promote RT improvement.

I am not dismissing the results of the studies because they obviously hold truth, but I am really skeptical that these marginal differences can really be considered a quantifiable disadvantage...

I could make the opposite argument that females are more academically bright than males, or that females can focus longer than males which holds significant importance in a mental game like CS.
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from fakedaN on the 3rd of March 2017:
Quote from dreammm on the 3rd of March 2017:
Baha fucking all of you guys are so sad, you are all mad at some 3rd party organisation investing their own and sponsors money into an event rather than getting mad at the major platform for eSports gaming in Australia for having an:

• Underwhelming prize pool for its Professional division.
  • Allowing obvious cheaters to continue to play on their platform.
  • Allowing claims of corruption and favoritism to be put against their admins

PREACH!

100% this.
Downvote
3 wks ago
#Hope4Chelleos
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
71%
Quote from pgtvofficial on the 2nd of March 2017:
WPGI Womens Esports League (an Australian Esports Media Group company) today announces first female international tournament qualifier of 2017 in cooperation with Copenhagen Games. The qualifier, dedicated to providing opportunity to the highest echelon of female players in the region and will take place on March 12, 2017.

you're using women for views you abusive patriarchal boneheads

i expect better from respected organisations...

jk have fun wit ya moneh you really deserve it for being the best players in the scene
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
76%
Quote from in5aiyaN on the 3rd of March 2017:
Quote from lukeaye on the 3rd of March 2017:
Quote from f0oster on the 3rd of March 2017:

snip

While I agree with everything else you have said, this part could not be further from the truth.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-women-have-slower-reaction-times-than-men

Plenty of scientific studies show women have far slower reaction times to both visual and audio stimulus than male counterparts.

They are at a DISTINCT disadvantage when it comes to gaming.

For that reason, like most other competitive environments, the separation of males and females is appropriate.

Not sure if srs?

The differences are hardly anything note worthy especially when you consider the gap in the standard deviation.

Would you think it be viable for an employer to not higher women because they are looking for people with the 'highest' reaction times? No.

Fuck we might as well segregate everyone into physical reaction times levels (like boxing with weights) and have the 250ms Championships, 200ms Championships, 150ms Championships because its obviously such a factor in CS:GO.

I could throw this one in there and say Girls>Boys at learning and as such have a distinct advantage when it comes to learning and understanding strategy or they are better at multitasking and as such can handle the various things going on in a game > than men.

This is coming from a guy who has nothing against lower skilled girls competing for good amounts of cash purely because of their gender. Good on them, if i was in there position or an investors position looking to make easy cash i would too.

This man hit the nail on the head I can almost guarantee this was purely a business decision more women in the industry= bigger market which in turn = more sales.
Downvote
3 wks ago
Prepare for unforeseen consequences.
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
73%
Post Likes: 2
Would be awesome if both genders got this opportunity in the AU scene :/

#onthegrind
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
52%
Quote from Ezzix on the 3rd of March 2017:

#onthegrind
Give this man a cookie
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
76%
Post Likes: 3
aus cs community is a joke and a half, not the girls fault.

vac'd players in div1 teams
cheaters unbanned
favorites with admins and organisations running things
etc
etc

honestly wonder when if ever we will get our shniz together, highly doubt it coz circle jerk deluxe.
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
67%
Quote from deadful on the 3rd of March 2017:
Well, that's my meme for the day found.

I look forward to the next reddit clip and youtube video.

lmfao

well anyway at the end of the day you could put it down to a vote and i think from a viewers POV seeing pro players scrim for major money is more intense and you can learn alot more than watching females at a cga level play.
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
PC CS:GO Admin
Post Likes: 3
I love seeing all the white knights get triggered
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
70%
Quote from Ezzix on the 3rd of March 2017:

#onthegrind
#genderequality
Downvote
3 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 50.0
Rep:
68%
Downvote
3 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • @deadfulcs
"I'm pretty sure I just got cancer from watching that" - BlueTwo 2015
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
73%
Quote from fakedaN on the 4th of March 2017:
aus cs community is a joke and a half, not the girls fault.

vac'd players in div1 teams
cheaters unbanned
favorites with admins and organisations running things
etc
etc

honestly wonder when if ever we will get our shniz together, highly doubt it coz circle jerk deluxe.

We understand you're salty cause you probably had the biggest fall from grace than anybody in the scene, but none of those are the reason you're garbage now.
Downvote
3 wks ago
asesino. sladez`: 15 year old prodigy
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 2
Quote from deadful on the 4th of March 2017:

Entry fraggers hate her, igl's love her
Downvote
3 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Dont let your dreams be memes
Try caring about the actual game itself and becoming better rather than the arbitrary reward at the end.