PC PS XBOX
Start your own gaming site:
Login  
z
AU
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 4
Baha fucking all of you guys are so sad, you are all mad at some 3rd party organisation investing their own and sponsors money into an event rather than getting mad at the major platform for eSports gaming in Australia for having an:

• Underwhelming prize pool for its Professional division.
  • Allowing obvious cheaters to continue to play on their platform.
  • Allowing claims of corruption and favoritism to be put against their admins
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
67%
Post Likes: 6
this thread was enough for me to respawn into existence and write

C U C K S
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
67%
Post Likes: 4
Quote from f0oster on the 3rd of March 2017:

I am not really interested in arguing the difference between biology and the status of gender identity norms, but it's very clear there isn't any tangible biological advantages for males playing video games over females, so sex discrimination and sex specific privilege makes literally no sense at all.

While I agree with everything else you have said, this part could not be further from the truth.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-women-have-slower-reaction-times-than-men

Plenty of scientific studies show women have far slower reaction times to both visual and audio stimulus than male counterparts.

They are at a DISTINCT disadvantage when it comes to gaming.

For that reason, like most other competitive environments, the separation of males and females is appropriate.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from snow on the 3rd of March 2017:
Here we go, virgin alert......

Grabs popcorn to watch the lil virgins cry about women getting their own league.

Here we go, virgin alert? That really the best thing you can think of?
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
77%
Quote from Petrify on the 3rd of March 2017:
Does the female scene really get a higher ROI? Is this because clips of their terrible plays reach the top of /r/globaloffensive? I'd love to see some actual statistics to support that claim, given the views seem to be MUCH smaller for female tournaments.

It costs $0 to undergo "gender reassignment", since by its definition gender is just a social construct.

No, gender isn't a social construct (in before you type "define: gender" into google). If it is then you must concede that every single biological (what gender is actually based off) male can now compete in this tournaments and temporarily identify themselves as female.

You are not a man if you think you are a man, but biologically you are a female. No amount of gender studies will change this.

Someone arguing this better than me.

Great watch
Downvote
4 months ago
NZ
Rep:
66%
Quote from lukeaye on the 3rd of March 2017:

I am not really interested in arguing the difference between biology and the status of gender identity norms, but it's very clear there isn't any tangible biological advantages for males playing video games over females, so sex discrimination and sex specific privilege makes literally no sense at all.

While I agree with everything else you have said, this part could not be further from the truth.

Plenty of scientific studies show women have far slower reaction times to both visual and audio stimulus than male counterparts.

For that reason, like most other competitive environments, the separation of males and females is appropriate.

Yes lets sight a study a study on quora and expect to be taken seriously. In additon to that

"Work on those factors you can control the most. For example, arousal state seems to have a very important role: too little or too much arousal is associated with much longer RT's.

Other controllable factors:
practice and errors
fatigue"

Maybe female only teams just need to train harder rather than be given hand outs because of their gender.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
52%
Quote from Enervate on the 3rd of March 2017:

Great watch

lol it was
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
77%
Quote from dreammm on the 3rd of March 2017:
Baha fucking all of you guys are so sad, you are all mad at some 3rd party organisation investing their own and sponsors money into an event rather than getting mad at the major platform for eSports gaming in Australia for having an:

• Underwhelming prize pool for its Professional division.
  • Allowing obvious cheaters to continue to play on their platform.
  • Allowing claims of corruption and favoritism to be put against their admins

PREACH!
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
67%
Quote from de11zie on the 3rd of March 2017:

Yes lets sight a study a study on quora and expect to be taken seriously. In additon to that

"Work on those factors you can control the most. For example, arousal state seems to have a very important role: too little or too much arousal is associated with much longer RT's.

Other controllable factors:
practice and errors
fatigue"

Maybe female only teams just need to train harder rather than be given hand outs because of their gender.

I was not citing the study on Quora as proof. It's a popular site referencing and citing studies that are easy to read for the general public.

If i posted actual studies, nobody here would read them. Take 5 minutes and you will find an abundance of them.

Controllable factors does not equal being able to yield the same result. It implies improvement only.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
75%
here we go agin
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
52%
in b4 lock
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
tomas ravelid must be drownin in pu$$y
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
76%

snip

Not sure if srs?

The differences are hardly anything note worthy especially when you consider the gap in the standard deviation.

Would you think it be viable for an employer to not higher women because they are looking for people with the 'highest' reaction times? No.

Fuck we might as well segregate everyone into physical reaction times levels (like boxing with weights) and have the 250ms Championships, 200ms Championships, 150ms Championships because its obviously such a factor in CS:GO.

I could throw this one in there and say Girls>Boys at learning and as such have a distinct advantage when it comes to learning and understanding strategy or they are better at multitasking and as such can handle the various things going on in a game > than men.

This is coming from a guy who has nothing against lower skilled girls competing for good amounts of cash purely because of their gender. Good on them, if i was in there position or an investors position looking to make easy cash i would too.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
70%
At least we get to see some more female cs reddit memes, joking aside bol to all teams involved should be a good opportunity to develop as players and help grow the Australian cs scene further.
Downvote
4 months ago
AU
Rep:
77%
Quote from burkillS on the 3rd of March 2017:
here we go agin
Downvote
4 months ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 3 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our June Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1977 Votes