Login:
? Sign Up!
Powered by GIGABYTE
AU
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
69%
Post Likes: 3
Does the female scene really get a higher ROI? Is this because clips of their terrible plays reach the top of /r/globaloffensive? I'd love to see some actual statistics to support that claim, given the views seem to be MUCH smaller for female tournaments.

Quote from f0oster on the 3rd of March 2017:
It costs $0 to undergo "gender reassignment", since by its definition gender is just a social construct.

No, gender isn't a social construct (in before you type "define: gender" into google). If it is then you must concede that every single biological (what gender is actually based off) male can now compete in this tournaments and temporarily identify themselves as female.

You are not a man if you think you are a man, but biologically you are a female. No amount of gender studies will change this.

Someone arguing this better than me.
Downvote
7 wks ago
SMR
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Quote from Petrify on the 3rd of March 2017:

Does the female scene really get a higher ROI? Is this because clips of their terrible plays reach the top of /r/globaloffensive? I'd love to see some actual statistics to support that claim, given the views seem to be MUCH smaller for female tournaments.

Yeah it seems that these tourney's manage to entice much bigger sponsors on board without really doubling/tripling their viewership (like their prize money) in comparison to open tournaments.
Downvote
7 wks ago
"Sorry guys, I was at a nightclub, getting fucked. I am still smashed, will fix tomorrow. really tired. I dfrank like 10+ drinks + predrink bad idea" - Kalibre
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
76%

It costs $0 to undergo "gender reassignment", since by its definition gender is just a social construct.

No, gender isn't a social construct (in before you type "define: gender" into google). If it is then you must concede that every single biological (what gender is actually based off) male can now compete in this tournaments and temporarily identify themselves as female.

You are not a man if you think you are a man, but biologically you are a female. No amount of gender studies will change this.

I enjoyed that video, thank you friend
Downvote
7 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • @Strat0s_CS
________________________________________GazR the salt king_________________________________________
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
52%
Post Likes: 6
This just in twistzz from misfits has taken cara's e-virginity and her spot on athletico female.

Edited 3 times, last edited 9/3/17 - 2:52pm.
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 5

Female teams and players market themselves and their brand through social media. Tournament organisers, sponsors and investors make a minimal investment in the female scene and it creates a huge commotion and raises awareness for their brands and products. Not to mention, putting female teams out there in a public light and marketing them as fierce competitors (having perceived elite female teams and players) entices other females who are interested to invest more time, which ultimately increases the size of the market.

I don't have statistics and I haven't done considerable research on the matter.

I am not really interested in arguing the difference between biology and the status of gender identity norms, but it's very clear there isn't any tangible biological advantages for males playing video games over females, so sex discrimination and sex specific privilege makes literally no sense at all.

While I think the whole 'socially progressive' fixation on gender politics and identity is completely ridiculous, this is pretty much a perfect instance where someone who identifies as the opposite gender should totally be permitted to play, since they experience all the apparent social disadvantages of identifying as a female.

Edited once, 3/3/17 - 1:58pm.
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
52%
(have elite female teams and players)

I aren't think that
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
75%
@f0oster dude you should so do a TED Talk
Downvote
7 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Dont let your dreams be memes
Try caring about the actual game itself and becoming better rather than the arbitrary reward at the end.
NZ
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 1
i identify as cat in the hat with a baseball bat
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
69%
Female teams and players market themselves and their brand through social media. Tournament organisers, sponsors and investors make a minimal investment in the female scene and it creates a huge commotion and raises awareness for their brands and products. Not to mention, putting female teams out there in a public light and marketing them as fierce competitors (having perceived elite female teams and players) entices other females who are interested to invest more time, which ultimately increases the size of the market.

Which part of this leads to a greater ROI? (hint: it doesn't)

Also part bolded is for lol's
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 3

Which part of this leads to a greater ROI? (hint: it doesn't)

Also part bolded is for lol's
I feel like you're just nitpicking on specific language and totally missing the bigger picture and my overall point. Small levels investment in this area would be low risk, it requires minimal market research and effort (since the level of financial risk is low anyway) and it would more than likely have a high profit margin.
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
75%
Quote from Tham/Sam on the 2nd of March 2017:
Time to slit my wrists
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
52%
Quote from MP5KU on the 2nd of March 2017:
Why don't you just have it open for males and females. Hate these gender based leagues
I agree its extremely downgrading... its the 2010s ffs
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 44.0
Rep:
72%
woah...really sad some responses toward the female scene. Should be showing our support to any esports growth, especially if its our game. Good luck
Downvote
7 wks ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 18
Quote from coNz on the 3rd of March 2017:
woah...really sad some responses toward the female scene. Should be showing our support to any esports growth, especially if its our game. Good luck

Downvote
7 wks ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Dont let your dreams be memes
Try caring about the actual game itself and becoming better rather than the arbitrary reward at the end.
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
70%
what even
Downvote
7 wks ago