AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
AU
Rep:
54%
Quote from B_U_N_N_Y on the 14th of January 2017:
im not sure how it "splits the genders" when i know for a fact that my team is going to play in every other comp just like every other team. idk if the other female teams will tho.

Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
@ZiGz.
im not triggered ahhahaha i couldnt care less b/c im competing for 10k xD just failing to see how invited teams competing in an invite league is stopping the same teams competing in every other comp
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 3
Quote from dogryan100 on the 14th of January 2017:
Quote from Zoidd on the 14th of January 2017:
i think the league will grow cs for girls, but it will also split genders which is bad...
I mean you can still watch it, it's not like you can only watch if you are female rofl.

I feel like half the stuff you've said is just to look good if the PGTV boys come and take a gander at this thread so you don't lose your job.

I said it last night on Twitter, if you follow me (@kingdashau hehe xd).

Trident won 2500 from winning CGp, and 1000 from coming first in ESEA Open. The ENTIRE prize pool for ESEA PREMIER, minus the global challenge etc because hypothetically that's a different tournament, was 5000$, let alone first place being less than 2000.

But a 6 female team tournament gets 10k.

Yes everybody's speaking the monetary numbers, but it's not even about that, it's about the concept of exclusivity to a bunch of bots who end up getting rewarded at a much higher rate than the best teams in the country. Trident work their asses off and placed first at TWO different tournaments, yet they still probably make less ($3500 in total) than whoever comes first in this tournament. Hell, if the prize pool for this tournament was 2k, and the female teams were INVITED, and the male teams could register at a fee of 50$ or some shit like that, there probably wouldn't be any less complaints, the people who are still complaining at that rate are mentally deficient.

Concept, not materialism.

EDIT: Oh, don't forget to mention that the last WPGI was 4 teams, 1000 on the line and winner takes all, so the iM females took home the same prize money for winning some bot tournament, than Trident won for winning ESEA Open in Season 23, with 32 teams including Athletico, auRa and Funky Monkeys
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 2
im not sure how it "splits the genders" when i know for a fact that my team is going to play in every other comp just like every other team. idk if the other female teams will tho.

how does it not split genders? can males play in it? no hence it is splitting genders...
and there is no gender restriction in any other tournament... therefore it is sexist lol
all females can play in any tournament but males cant play in females, plz tell me that isnt sexist or splitting genders
imagine if cybergamer was like 'fuk it were banning all females from competing' you wouldn't think that would be fair would you? no you'de be quite pissed off
its simply not equal, a girls team could win cgp... there is nothing stopping them from achieving that

Edited once, 14/1/17 - 7:08pm.
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
i think the league will grow cs for girls, but it will also split genders which is bad...
I mean you can still watch it, it's not like you can only watch if you are female rofl.

that has nothing to do with what i was trying to say
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
41%
Quote from dashwOw on the 14th of January 2017:

I feel like half the stuff you've said is just to look good if the PGTV boys come and take a gander at this thread so you don't lose your job.

Trident won 2500 from winning CGp, and 1000 from coming first in ESEA Open. The ENTIRE prize pool for ESEA PREMIER, minus the global challenge etc because hypothetically that's a different tournament, was 5000$, let alone first place being less than 2000.

Yes everybody's speaking the monetary numbers, but it's not even about that, it's about the concept of exclusivity to a bunch of bots who end up getting rewarded at a much higher rate than the best teams in the country. Trident work their asses off and placed first at TWO different tournaments, yet they still probably make less ($3500 in total) than whoever comes first in this tournament. Hell, if the prize pool for this tournament was 2k, and the female teams were INVITED, and the male teams could register at a fee of 50$ or some shit like that, there probably wouldn't be any less complaints, the people who are still complaining at that rate are mentally deficient.

EDIT: Oh, don't forget to mention that the last WPGI was 4 teams, 1000 on the line and winner takes all, so the iM females took home the same prize money for winning some bot tournament, than Trident won for winning ESEA Open in Season 23, with 32 teams including Athletico, auRa and Funky Monkeys
Once AGAIN comparing prize pools from different tournament organisers. You just don't understand, do you dash?

If say, CyberGamer came out tomorrow and announced a 6 team female competition with a $20k prizepool (I'm using $20k because Cyanide said earlier in this thread that Autumn will probably be a ~25k prizepool), that would be a little bit weird.

But this is a completely different tournament organiser. With completely different sponsors, with completely different visions for the scene.

Let's use a more current scenario in the pro scene that you will probably understand.

The WESG tournament going on right now as I type this has a $1,500,000 prize pool (USD. In AUD it's about exactly $2,000,000). WESG doesn't in any way shape or form have the best teams in the world at the tournament. The winning team of WESG will receive $800,000 (Just over 1 million AUD), which unless I am mistaken, is the largest total winning prize for 1st in Counter-Strike history.

A lot of people have complained about this massive prizepool while they don't have the greatest teams there. But, then you have a look at the sponsor list for WESG:

• Alibaba ($27 Billion USD net worth)
  • Ant Financial (Rough estimates say 50-60 Billion USD)
  • Alipay (5 Billion)

From then on the Net Worth of the sponsors drops quite a bit, but you can see from the tournament organisers and sponsors, that they have more money available to them to use for prizes.

The kind of companies that sponsor ESL, Dreamhacks etc. are nowhere at all near the kind of networth of any of those companies.

And the different vision that WESG has from other tournaments was their nationalities rule where all 5 players in a team must come from one country. While it does seem like a silly rule and does make it so a lot of "bigger" tier 1 teams couldn't attend, this rule caters to Alibaba/WESG's vision of it being the "World eSports Games", where the tournament can prove what is the best country at whatever the specific game is being played. Similar to Efrag's "The World Championships" every year.

Many people don't really like this, sure, but these tournaments cater to the visions of what the tournament organisers and sponsors want. Don't like it? You just have to deal with it, really. WPGI aren't taking money away from the rest of the scene. If anything they are throwing more into the scene.

So please, stop comparing the prize pools for different tournament organisers. That argument just doesn't work.
Downvote
7 months ago
NZ
Rep:
76%

Once AGAIN comparing prize pools from different tournament organisers. You just don't understand, do you dash?

If say, CyberGamer came out tomorrow and announced a 6 team female competition with a $20k prizepool (I'm using $20k because Cyanide said earlier in this thread that Autumn will probably be a ~25k prizepool), that would be a little bit weird.

But this is a completely different tournament organiser. With completely different sponsors, with completely different visions for the scene.

Let's use a more current scenario in the pro scene that you will probably understand.

The WESG tournament going on right now as I type this has a $1,500,000 prize pool (USD. In AUD it's about exactly $2,000,000). WESG doesn't in any way shape or form have the best teams in the world at the tournament. The winning team of WESG will receive $800,000 (Just over 1 million AUD), which unless I am mistaken, is the largest total winning prize for 1st in Counter-Strike history.

A lot of people have complained about this massive prizepool while they don't have the greatest teams there. But, then you have a look at the sponsor list for WESG:

• Alipay (5 Billion)

From then on the Net Worth of the sponsors drops quite a bit, but you can see from the tournament organisers and sponsors, that they have more money available to them to use for prizes.

The kind of companies that sponsor ESL, Dreamhacks etc. are nowhere at all near the kind of networth of any of those companies.

And the different vision that WESG has from other tournaments was their nationalities rule where all 5 players in a team must come from one country. While it does seem like a silly rule and does make it so a lot of "bigger" tier 1 teams couldn't attend, this rule caters to Alibaba/WESG's vision of it being the "World eSports Games", where the tournament can prove what is the best country at whatever the specific game is being played. Similar to Efrag's "The World Championships" every year.

Many people don't really like this, sure, but these tournaments cater to the visions of what the tournament organisers and sponsors want. Don't like it? You just have to deal with it, really. WPGI aren't taking money away from the rest of the scene. If anything they are throwing more into the scene.

So please, stop comparing the prize pools for different tournament organisers. That argument just doesn't work.

You must of watched Thorins video 10x or more and just taken some quotes out of that yeh? haha xD
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
41%
Quote from Diinky on the 14th of January 2017:

• Alipay (5 Billion)

You must of watched Thorins video 10x or more and just taken some quotes out of that yeh? haha xD
I actually haven't watched Thorin's video (I assume you mean this one: as I haven't been able to find the time to dedicate 40 minutes to it as I've been mega busy for the last few days. But I guess many of my points were similar to Thorin's?
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
74%
snip

Literally only have a sentence or two to debunk your entire essay and point out how fucking retarded you are.

For WESG or TWC. Everybody's from a nationality, therefore everybody can compete, and the best players will win. Sure, if you're not selected to play for your nationalities team, bad luck, but at least you had a chance.

Also, the ruling for nationalities isn't stupid, and doesn't cut out these "bigger tier 1 teams"

All of NiP is swedish, all of SK is from Brazil, all of Envy is from France, all of old fnatic were Swedish, all of Virtus Pro is polish, all of Astralis is from Denmark. Just because they refused to compete because the major is round the corner, doesn't mean you can try throw in the idea that they didn't compete because they COULDN'T.
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
46%
Here I'll be the Devils Advocate and say it......

To be quiet blunt, I can see how some guys will take this as a slap in the face.

It doesn't matter which tournament organiser is running the show. Why do females get the opportunity literally thrown at them to make a decent amount of money whilst putting in arguably lack-luster effort in comparison to male teams (offered less money, with less of a chance to win due to many more teams)?

This isn't my personal opinion, but I'm just saying what seems to be on a lot of peoples minds. Just wanting to prompt some discussion.

My personal stance on this is that I believe females should be competing with males all together in the same tournament. If a female wants to be in a female only team, then whatevs... If they want to be in a mixed gender team, then whatevs. But now all the money for the scene is truly going into the same pot.

Creating these "female only tournaments" really is sexist in itself. I don't think anyone can factually deny this. We live in an equal world now..... don't we?

P.S: Nevertheless, I'll still watch the event
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 1
just let the girls play and enjoy
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Quote from 3ss3nP on the 14th of January 2017:
My personal stance on this is that I believe females should be competing with males all together in the same tournament. If a female wants to be in a female only team, then whatevs... If they want to be in a mixed gender team, then whatevs. But now all the money for the scene is truly going into the same pot.

Creating these "female only tournaments" really is sexist in itself. I don't think anyone can factually deny this. We live in an equal world now..... don't we?

P.S: Nevertheless, I'll still watch the event

absolutely agree, there is no denying it
everyone should be given the same opportunity and treated as equals... the opposite of that is sexist lmao

I'd love the explanation as to why these people are choosing to deny male entry. are females weaker than males at video games so they create a league for all girls where there is no male dominance? intimidated? scared? don't win enough? what is it... if females are given the same opportunities as males in AUS then why make a sexist league?

(i did not mean the 'weak' comment to be mean or hurtful, just using it for discussions sake)

Edit: again there is nothing stopping a female team from winning CGP...
Downvote
7 months ago
NZ
Rep:
70%
Quote from zudmeister on the 14th of January 2017:
just let the girls play and enjoy
People say Esports is sexist to Female,At this tournament,Its to Male,But i also agree that leet them play just like.Bruh?
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
78%

Only female team ive seen make an effort to get better is Athletico female. They actually accepted challenges in last cga season and have been actively scrimming against non-female teams, getting some good results i might add.

I'm not a fan of it being female only, it just discourages growth for the female scene. I would have invited ath.fem and 1 or 2 other female teams then held a qualifier for the remaining spots with the qualifier being open to cga and cgm teams (if they wish to maintain a competetive environment for all teams involved).
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%

Seems fair
Downvote
7 months ago

View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players