AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
AU
Rep:
77%
Post Likes: 4
at the end of the day the agenda of the tournament is to encourage more female participants in competitive cs/esports in general. they're chucking in a bunch of money for a female only tournament to encourage more girls to take part in esports. it's a blatant lie to state the 10k is proportionate to the skill of the participating teams but it's not about rewarding the players anyway, it's about encouraging more girls to play competitive games.

I think their intentions are good as increasing the diversity in the scene is a great thing but I don't think segregating the competition is the best way to go as that seems like the opposite of diversity.

probs would have been best to showcase the female teams alongside top aus talent to show an image of inclusiveness rather than split the community based on gender whilst still encouraging more girls to play cs

that is, unless they're afraid of potential stomps taking place and thus scaring off new female players which is always a possibility

ps. sorry if incoherent and stupid, im running on less than 3 hours sleep

Edited once, 14/1/17 - 9:50pm.
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
38%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from dashwOw on the 14th of January 2017:
Quote from dogryan100 on the 14th of January 2017:
Quote from Zoidd on the 14th of January 2017:
i think the league will grow cs for girls, but it will also split genders which is bad...
I mean you can still watch it, it's not like you can only watch if you are female rofl.

But a 6 female team tournament gets 10k.

Yes everybody's speaking the monetary numbers, but it's not even about that, it's about the concept of exclusivity to a bunch of bots who end up getting rewarded at a much higher rate than the best teams in the country. Trident work their asses off and placed first at TWO different tournaments, yet they still probably make less ($3500 in total) than whoever comes first in this tournament. Hell, if the prize pool for this tournament was 2k, and the female teams were INVITED, and the male teams could register at a fee of 50$ or some shit like that, there probably wouldn't be any less complaints, the people who are still complaining at that rate are mentally deficient.

There's a few things that should be pointed out about this. Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with what you're saying at a fundamental level, you have to bring this back to marketability. Girl gaming has naturally got more marketing potential. It just does, go look at twitch and report back on the number of talentless yet beautiful girl streamers who have hundreds if not thousands of viewers, on top of many gamers who are objectively better at games. Look at the toxicity that the announcement of the event has already attracted. When you're a potential sponsor, are you going to go for the safe bet that basically writes itself into a television news/online media story? Of course you are. The alternative is promoting a tournament through the same channels that will instantly be perceived in a prejudiced manner by the general Australian public (oh the irony that prejudice would be the main reason an event like this isn't feasible for eligible male gamers, delicious and salty).

We all accept that geographic disadvantages not only hold back local competition but our progression on a world stage, right? It costs alot of money, time and effort to throw on an event for barely grateful neckbeards for little to no reward. This is not the case with female gamers. The reach and exposure that an event like this could guarantee is worth TENFOLD compared to the initial expenditure and outlay of 10k plus event overheads. Simple mathematics when you think about it really.

I ain't saying it's right but you're fucking delusional if you think that there's a single chance you could start an event for male gamers under the same precedent and achieve the same results from a purely marketable standpoint.
Downvote
7 months ago
Rep:
TBA
Quote from MOZAIC on the 14th of January 2017:
Quote from Cyanide. on the 14th of January 2017:
Quote from SaVage on the 14th of January 2017:
Actually funny that there is more money than cgp in this. GL HF

Actually funny how you cant read or you make assumptions.
I have stated on page 1 that CGp is not less, and we have not released the prize pool. I can say that by the end of CGPL Autumn there would have been over $25,000 this quarter for people to win on CG CSGO. For the year CSGO on CG should have well over 100k available for players to win.

Just getting tired of members spreading miss information all the time
perhaps we're not being literal
If you're not being literal then why the fuck are you even making that point hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahha
please if you look at my first post im clearly not being sincere, rather exaggerating the fact and idea that money that's been available for a while is all of a sudden being poured into female cs

clearly because it makes good money and people like to see it, I'm just voicing a popular opinion or perspective on the fact that there are a healthy amount of male players who have struggled in the scene, who often work hard and have even maybe been around for a while that see all this money poured into a female scene which is far less in depth, competition and that is relatively new whereas traditional competition males compete in doesnt exclude the girls, has been around for longer and hasn't had money or attention like the female scene has despite all those and several other things

sorry for the confusion friend I was just exaggerating, I'll proof read my posts three times over next time to make sure people can understand what in the hell im saying!!
Downvote
7 months ago
Rep:
TBA
Quote from Cyanide. on the 14th of January 2017:
Quote from SaVage on the 14th of January 2017:
Actually funny that there is more money than cgp in this. GL HF

Actually funny how you cant read or you make assumptions.
I have stated on page 1 that CGp is not less, and we have not released the prize pool. I can say that by the end of CGPL Autumn there would have been over $25,000 this quarter for people to win on CG CSGO. For the year CSGO on CG should have well over 100k available for players to win.

Just getting tired of members spreading miss information all the time
perhaps we're not being literal
If you're not being literal then why the fuck are you even making that point hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahha
please if you look at my first post im clearly not being sincere, rather exaggerating the fact and idea that money that's been available for a while is all of a sudden being poured into female cs

clearly because it makes good money and people like to see it, I'm just voicing a popular opinion or perspective on the fact that there are a healthy amount of male players who have struggled in the scene, who often work hard and have even maybe been around for a while that see all this money poured into a female scene which is far less in depth, competition and that is relatively new whereas traditional competition males compete in doesnt exclude the girls, has been around for longer and hasn't had money or attention like the female scene has despite all those and several other things

sorry for the confusion friend I was just exaggerating, I'll proof read my posts three times over next time to make sure people can understand what in the heck im saying!!

edit: sorry for curses
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 4
I love girl
Downvote
7 months ago