using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
Post Likes: 1
As per THIS THREAD

Hey guys,
When writing my statement I thought we were talking about CGp, I got confused. Have been very busy over the last few weeks. This is why the OP was never updated, only the announcement post it self should be considered fact. Again this is why the OP was never updated. Players can play in the FFYI or they have the option of playing in CGa. If they wish to abuse other admins regarding it, we will not allow them to play period. The choice is theirs, jumping up and down about will not change the out come at all.

Apologise for any confusion. If you would like to direct any abuse at any one, please direct it towards me, as I will ignore it.

Best of luck every one, I can only hope the FFYI will be as exciting as the CGp series.

p.s , please stop quoting me, too many notifications
Downvote
2 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • CG AU Site Admin
  • Xbox Head Mod
  • Xbox Platform Mod
  • Xbox FIFA Admin
  • Xbox Platform PUG Admin
  • Xbox AC Team
  • Gears of War Admin
  • AU XBOX BO3 Admin
  • AU RL Admin
SMR
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
67%
Post Likes: 2
Quote from Sp!troast on the 13th of January 2017:
Personally this makes zero sense who in their right mind would put qualifiers on the weekend of a public holiday post pone it or RIOT.

Put it off to when lol? Some things need to happen on a schedule and they have already changed it so we won't have to play Australia day
Downvote
2 months ago
"Sorry guys, I was at a nightclub, getting fucked. I am still smashed, will fix tomorrow. really tired. I dfrank like 10+ drinks + predrink bad idea" - Kalibre
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
76%
Apologies for the quotes/tags Cyanide, had to get this brought up fast.

I don't agree with it but the main problem was that no one knew for certain. Apologies if I've caused any irrelevant abuse to admins, especially fox.
Downvote
2 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
100%
AU Site Admin
USA Site Admin
Its all good, the clarity was needed, all the best.
Downvote
2 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • CG AU Site Admin
  • Xbox Head Mod
  • Xbox Platform Mod
  • Xbox FIFA Admin
  • Xbox Platform PUG Admin
  • Xbox AC Team
  • Gears of War Admin
  • AU XBOX BO3 Admin
  • AU RL Admin
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
What's actually the goal here though? I don't really get it.

If it's to have the most relevant teams in the most relevant divisions, this isn't how you do it.

If it's to encourage core stability and consistency within the scene, this isn't how you do it.

What's the actual thought process behind the decisions being made right now? That's the part I don't get.
Downvote
2 months ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
71%
AU Site Admin
Post Likes: 3
Quote from Necro- on the 13th of January 2017:

If it's to have the most relevant teams in the most relevant divisions, this isn't how you do it.

If it's to encourage core stability and consistency within the scene, this isn't how you do it.

What's the actual thought process behind the decisions being made right now? That's the part I don't get.

Can you actually explain the logic behind what you just said?

Requiring core 4 from FFYI to league doesn't encourage stability?

Having teams actually play for their spot in an invite league doesn't ensure the most relevant teams are in the most relevant divisions?

If you don't understand the process behind the decisions im not going to start explaining them to you.
Downvote
2 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • PC Overwatch Admin
  • PC CS:GO Admin
  • EU PC CS:GO Admin
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Quote from defcoN on the 13th of January 2017:

Can you actually explain the logic behind what you just said?

Requiring core 4 from FFYI to league doesn't encourage stability?

Having teams actually play for their spot in an invite league doesn't ensure the most relevant teams are in the most relevant divisions?

If you don't understand the process behind the decisions im not going to start explaining them to you.

Could you outline how a couple of matches outweighs an entire season + finals matches of performance? I'm referring to the decision to not promote division winner and give guaranteed division to runner-up btw. I've also given my thoughts on why FFYI is a good thing, if it's done in a more limited scope and more exclusive - and not done wholesale as it's now being done.

Core4 from FFYI sure, but what about promoting season to season stability? The point I'm making is that the finals for each season are no longer the finals - FFYI is essentially the finals now. Because the thing that just about every player from CGA to CGP is aiming for is to play in the highest division possible. CGA-CGI want to improve, CGP want to maintain their status. Finals winner + runner-up being promoted made a lot of sense. Bottom 2 being demoted also made a lot of sense.

Making an FFYI where the lower placements from one league play against the top placements of the league below is the most effective way to eliminate admin bias while still retaining consistency within divisions.

Quote from defcon:

Yeah...that's why you play finals at the end of each season.I mean, an FFYI has already taken place - they just weren't called an "FFYI", they were named, "CGA/CGM/CGI/CGP Finals".

If you wanted to do an FFYI properly, you'd take the results of CGA-CGP finals, invite the teams who got to finals to compete for a shot at the upper division, while the teams who missed finals are competing against the teams from the lower division. You invite 4 wildcard teams to each division to allow for special circumstances like Tainted Minds or other teams returning from overseas bootcamps or whatnot. If you really need to, you just invite a few more wildcard teams as necessary.

My point is that this ties in season results and FFYI competitions in a manner that doesn't make the entire season just played and season finals in the future irrelevant for the majority of the players.
Downvote
2 months ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
71%
AU Site Admin
@Necro- This season is essentially a fresh start and a new direction, bar top 2 cgp there wasn't an intention to tie into last season.

It should hopefully make more sense moving forward but the first season was essentially the shake up. I should also note that promotion was largely assumed as we didn't announce anything last season either.
Downvote
2 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • PC Overwatch Admin
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
75%
Also don't forget that you've sprung this on players in a period where they aren't playing anywhere near as much as they usually are. I know personally my team going into this isn't going to be close to playing at full strength, however, we will almost certainly be playing at a much higher level before the season commences. I imagine this is the same for probably the majority of teams out there. Therefore, in my mind this actually seems like a ridiculous way to pick the most relevant teams as the players who didn't decide to take time off over the holiday period gain a massive advantage which will be gone by the time the season actually rolls around.
Downvote
2 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 2
@Necro- This season is essentially a fresh start and a new direction, bar top 2 cgp there wasn't an intention to tie into last season.

It should hopefully make more sense moving forward but the first season was essentially the shake up. I should also note that promotion was largely assumed as we didn't announce anything last season either.

Okay so basically the goal ISN'T to get the most relevant teams in the relevant divisions or to encourage consistency and stability, it's to make a "fresh start".

What's the goal of the fresh start though? Something being new doesn't make it better, and scrapping a very effective and positive format of competition, promotion and relegation still doesn't make sense - even if you wanted to make a fresh start.
Downvote
2 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
73%
i really dislike the decision not to give cgi/cgm winners and runners ups a secured spot in the division they previous won or achieved runners up. They should gain more than the prize and a higher seed in a ffyi. This is something everyone asked for when the new format was first announced, and then rejoiced when it was confirmed (falsely). If you're really about pleasing the players, then maybe have a rethink about your stance on this
Downvote
2 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
73%
Post Likes: 7
Quote from Pez. on the 13th of January 2017:
i really dislike the decision not to give cgi/cgm winners and runners ups a secured spot in the division they previous won or achieved runners up. They should gain more than the prize and a higher seed in a ffyi. This is something everyone asked for when the new format was first announced, and then rejoiced when it was confirmed (falsely). If you're really about pleasing the players, then maybe have a rethink about your stance on this

Not to mention announcing an FFYI 9 days before? So people change their holiday plans to be able to play the relevant FFYI. Then CONFIRMING TWICE that teams don't have to play the FFYI if they were top 2, so holidays are SHIFTED PURELY TO PLAY the relevant FFYI, then being told that you now have to play the FFYI even when top 2 (AGAIN - 2 DAYS BEFORE THE QUALIFIER???).

While we're here, having our server changed to a pug DURING the CGP FFYI when we had man adv and were going to force the CTs to eco and then being forced to play the round from the start was extremely fun.
Downvote
2 months ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
71%
AU Site Admin

Okay so basically the goal ISN'T to get the most relevant teams in the relevant divisions or to encourage consistency and stability, it's to make a "fresh start".

What's the goal of the fresh start though? Something being new doesn't make it better, and scrapping a very effective and positive format of competition, promotion and relegation still doesn't make sense - even if you wanted to make a fresh start.

Most relevant is what an ffyi provides which is what my point was. We never had relegation ever, promotion was stated for winter which was two seasons ago now.

If you think overall the previous way was a more effective and positive format we will need to disagree since your opinion appears to be based on made up facts.
Downvote
2 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • PC Overwatch Admin
MC
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
77%
PC Platform Admin
Post Likes: 1
Registrations for the CGm FFYI will conclude 24/01/2017 at 6PM.
Downvote
1 month ago
  • CG Contributions: