Powered by GIGABYTE
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
100%
CG Co-Founder
Post Likes: 5
Hello everyone, now that PUGs have been gaining a lot of popularity i've put a lot of time into improving our extremely old PUG system. 571 unique players have played in 327 PUGs in the last 7 days. The peak seems to be about 7 at once. Some stats can be viewed here: http://au.cybergamer.com/pug/pc/csgo/stats/

Here's a brief list of what has been added recently:
- PUGs now have actual match pages
- Demos and stats are recorded and sync'd to the match pages.
- Players can create parties and join pugs together.
- After winning 5 matches players are promoted to the level of "PUG Master Level 1"
- Maintaining a good team win-ratio will rank you up from Level 2 to Level 10.
- After each PUG you're now prompted to commend/report players, this has already helped significantly.
- When a PUG starts the teams while "random", are made to be as fair as possible based on the players previous record. This gets much worse once parties of 3-4 join.
- When starting a PUG you have the option to allow "PUG Masters" to play (There will be the option to restrict to level 2+ etc soon).
- When starting a PUG you can disallow parties from joining.
- An extremely basic player rankings leaderboard has been added, it'll be at least a few more days until there's enough stats: http://au.cybergamer.com/pug/pc/csgo/ranks/

Currently there is 191 "PUG Masters" (33% of players). It is assumed this will continue to grow until it's the vast majority.

After each pug, this form should appear:

It is essential you report any troublesome users, the report page allows you to submit two screenshots.

In the near future I should be able to implement all of the following features:
- auto-force sides
- Auto detect the completion of pugs and end it automatically.
- Option for "PUG Master" pugs to have friendly fire on, while off by default
- Option to replace/kick player on the pug match page.
- Auto detect people abandoning, and auto ban etc.
- Improve the hidden ELO that players have for improving pug teams.
- Auto ban players from reports, rather than requiring admins to do it.
- "PUG Master Level 1" will change to requiring a 40% win rate, rather than being easily obtained from 5 wins and 20 losses.
- May add at least the option to have the map chosen by VETO.
- Live stats etc.
- Premium only stats, trophies and achievements etc.

Please post any further suggestions.

Sometime in the near future, it will be required that much of the PUG bot will become premium only. My current thoughts is that all "PUG Master" only pugs should require CG premium, upon obtaining the pug master rank you're given a week of free premium. It is then probably required that non-premium players can only play 5-10 pugs a week. Otherwise all "pug masters" may just play the normal pugs. Any other suggestions of premium only features would be nice. We may give the "PUG Master" pugs a separate pool of servers, but all of the servers should really perform the same.

Having CG Premium give you access to great PUGs and the CSGO monthly finals: http://au.cybergamer.com/tournaments/8225/ I think should be a fairly good service. CG really does need to move a lot more of the site require premium.

I'd love to keep on improving the PUG system and CG, but it takes a ton of my time and I'm basically unable to do much more for free as I have other actual paid work to do.

EDIT: As of December 5th the "PUG Master" max reasonably obtainable rank has changed from being rank 10 to rank 25. This should allow there to be a much wider difference between higher and lower level ranks. Previously some players would have never been able to get to rank 2.

Edited twice, last edited 5/12/16 - 4:41pm.
Downvote
6 months ago
US
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
74%
Nice work!!
Downvote
6 months ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • twitch.tv/kingbigtv
Follow me on twitch - twitch.tv/kingbigTV
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
76%
nice, keen to play more in the future :]
Downvote
6 months ago
US
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
74%
There was a 'bug' I found the other day, a player decided to leave the pug b4 it started cause he saw how shit the server was, red var etc. Then the player decides to join another pug and that pug started and it left us with missing players...

So a ringer option + not letting players joining mutilple pugs would fix this issue
Downvote
6 months ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • twitch.tv/kingbigtv
Follow me on twitch - twitch.tv/kingbigTV
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
100%
CG Co-Founder
Yeah being able to replace players will be added soon.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
75%
PUG Administrator
Amazing, it gets better and better every day. Thanks for your hard work
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
77%
This is such great work @Asterix @foxw0w and other mods who have done a lot of work for the community! keep it up
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
72%
PC CS:GO Admin
Feel free to report any troublesome users as well directly to the admins (but by all means prioritise the commend/report system). I am compiling a list of naughty users while the pugs are in beta and repeated offenders will get longer bans.

Hope the pugs have been good overall though.

As well make sure to hop into the steam group if you haven't yet. I have modded some frequent users who regularly make announcements for games they are playing in. Give it a try! You are also able to disable notifications for groups in your steam settings if you don't want them.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
keep it up!
Downvote
6 months ago
NZ
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
72%
HLTV Rep
Shoutcaster
nice work @Asterix
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
68%
Sick to see this system get so much improvement in such short amount of time.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Safari 601.1
Rep:
73%
Sounds great, im keen
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 52.0
Rep:
57%
Please don't turn this into esea, player will stop playing. We don't want people playing for them selves to improve their stats.Lately people have been playing as a team and its made a difference.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
72%
PC CS:GO Admin
Quote from sol1d on the 30th of September 2016:
Please don't turn this into esea, player will stop playing. We don't want people playing for them selves to improve their stats.Lately people have been playing as a team and its made a difference.

That was the whole point of us introducing these pugs? We would never reward individualism like ESEA but rather focus on team play.
Downvote
6 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
100%
CG Co-Founder
Post Likes: 1
Quote from sol1d on the 30th of September 2016:
The only leaderboard I have built so far is this page:
http://au.cybergamer.com/pug/pc/csgo/ranks/

I don't intend to add much more for quite awhile, if at all. I've got plenty of obvious improvements to make before tackling anything that might be a drawback. I don't think showing a simple leaderboard of peoples "PUG Master" ranks should cause any issues.

The main focus is keeping on top of any trolls and having it be an ongoing good experience.

Thanks for feedback, if anything else comes up let me know.

Edited once, 30/9/16 - 6:48pm.
Downvote
6 months ago

Follow CG On:
Ongoing PC PUGs:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 6 Days WIN an iPod Nano 16GB every Month! Congratulations frostqzz, our March Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
102 Votes