Hello everyone, now that PUGs have been gaining a lot of popularity i've put a lot of time into improving our extremely old PUG system. 571 unique players have played in 327 PUGs in the last 7 days. The peak seems to be about 7 at once. Some stats can be viewed here: http://au.cybergamer.com/pug/pc/csgo/stats/
Here's a brief list of what has been added recently:
- PUGs now have actual match pages
- Demos and stats are recorded and sync'd to the match pages.
- Players can create parties and join pugs together.
- After winning 5 matches players are promoted to the level of "PUG Master Level 1"
- Maintaining a good team win-ratio will rank you up from Level 2 to Level 10.
- After each PUG you're now prompted to commend/report players, this has already helped significantly.
- When a PUG starts the teams while "random", are made to be as fair as possible based on the players previous record. This gets much worse once parties of 3-4 join.
- When starting a PUG you have the option to allow "PUG Masters" to play (There will be the option to restrict to level 2+ etc soon).
- When starting a PUG you can disallow parties from joining.
- An extremely basic player rankings leaderboard has been added, it'll be at least a few more days until there's enough stats: http://au.cybergamer.com/pug/pc/csgo/ranks/
Currently there is 191 "PUG Masters" (33% of players). It is assumed this will continue to grow until it's the vast majority.
After each pug, this form should appear:
It is essential you report any troublesome users, the report page allows you to submit two screenshots.
In the near future I should be able to implement all of the following features:
- auto-force sides
- Auto detect the completion of pugs and end it automatically.
- Option for "PUG Master" pugs to have friendly fire on, while off by default
- Option to replace/kick player on the pug match page.
- Auto detect people abandoning, and auto ban etc.
- Improve the hidden ELO that players have for improving pug teams.
- Auto ban players from reports, rather than requiring admins to do it.
- "PUG Master Level 1" will change to requiring a 40% win rate, rather than being easily obtained from 5 wins and 20 losses.
- May add at least the option to have the map chosen by VETO.
- Live stats etc.
- Premium only stats, trophies and achievements etc.
Please post any further suggestions.
Sometime in the near future, it will be required that much of the PUG bot will become premium only. My current thoughts is that all "PUG Master" only pugs should require CG premium, upon obtaining the pug master rank you're given a week of free premium. It is then probably required that non-premium players can only play 5-10 pugs a week. Otherwise all "pug masters" may just play the normal pugs. Any other suggestions of premium only features would be nice. We may give the "PUG Master" pugs a separate pool of servers, but all of the servers should really perform the same.
Having CG Premium give you access to great PUGs and the CSGO monthly finals: http://au.cybergamer.com/tournaments/8225/
I think should be a fairly good service. CG really does need to move a lot more of the site require premium.
I'd love to keep on improving the PUG system and CG, but it takes a ton of my time and I'm basically unable to do much more for free as I have other actual paid work to do.
EDIT: As of December 5th the "PUG Master" max reasonably obtainable rank has changed from being rank 10 to rank 25. This should allow there to be a much wider difference between higher and lower level ranks. Previously some players would have never been able to get to rank 2.Edited twice, last edited 5/12/16 - 4:41pm