Login:
? Sign Up!
Powered by GIGABYTE
71.1%
28.9%
Total Votes: 45   Last vote: 9:21pm 26/9/16
Votes are not changeable once submitted
Poll closed: 6 months ago
Only users who have been registered for over a week can vote.

OP
AU
using Firefox 53.0
Rep:
67%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Hey all,

Just going to make this short and sweet. To keep everybody happy, would it be okay to have 6 teams in the finals? This has come after a team has (rightfully) challenged a new team in order to solidify their position in finals. After being approached by a few teams regarding my 6-Team Finals decision, we've compromised and we'll be leaving this up to the community. People can add information, opinions, etc to this thread to try and sway the vote. The poll will be open for 24 hours so we can get the Finals rolling straight away.

Cheers,

~ThyJebus
Downvote
6 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • Rainbow 6 Referee
Pd~
NZ
using Firefox 50.0
Rep:
70%
With such a short season I think having 6 teams in the final is a great idea. More games, more competitive ending to the season.

Just my 2cents
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
66%
It's always been 4 teams. Finals will take much too long with 6 while everybody else waits for new season to start.
Downvote
6 months ago
Pd~
NZ
using Firefox 50.0
Rep:
70%
Next season isn't starting right away from what I've been told, few weeks break iirc?

So I don't see the issue in holding anyone up.

I can see why people are worried about allowing two more teams into the finals, might take a big hit on their egos
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Post Likes: 1
Look the way I see it, I was approached last season about my team KTO being re branded and having 2 additional members added citing that this would be unfair to other teams so close to finals . It was a fair point and we complied . The same goes here . A team of fairly in experienced players joins a short season 1 week prior to ladder lock and is involved in a match that directly effects the final 4 standing . Now in an attempt to make everyone happy jebus has suggested all 6 teams participate . Look I'm easy either way, this ladder is salty enough as it is. My vote is obviously for 6 teams to play and then remedy the ladder rules for next season so shit like this does t happen again.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
64%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Undr I don't understand how making "everybody happy" can be decided by an admin talking privately amongst 2 teams. That's why there's a poll now thank god. The only way to make "everybody happy" is to talk to "everybody".

I don't see how Fallen are relevant to your argument. Are you saying that GiU got an easier path to the finals than you by challenging them as soon as they joined? Could we not say the same about the fact that Royal played King Scrubs as Ks's only game, then left the ladder? How is that any less unfair than GiU winning against Fallen? Both teams had the same opportunity to gain a better position on the ladder and in the end GiU are higher on the ladder than Royal because they won more games.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
The game happened 3 hours before ladder lock. The difference between the two games is paramount. We were challenged by KS, not the other way around.

Making 'every body' happy, as in the teams concerned with making finals. If you have an issue playing anyone on the ladder on your path to taking the season, then thats on you.Two extra teams making finals shouldnt effect the number one team on the ladder.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
67%
Quote from ROYAL.UndrAchieve on the 26th of September 2016:
A team of fairly in experienced players joins a short season 1 week prior to ladder lock and is involved in a match that directly effects the final 4 standing.

Is this any different from making a challenge to a new team 2 weeks outside of the season closing?

Quote from ROYAL.UndrAchieve on the 26th of September 2016:
The game happened 3 hours before ladder lock.

Teams challenge those who they can challenge at the time and as far as i'm concerned, any challenge is a valid challenge as long as it complies within the season time. Fallen had no obligation to play before the ladder lock, we gave them times and they committed to that particular time themselves.

There are definitely issues with the ladder that need to be looked at and addressed, I totally agree there. However I can't personally justify last minute changes to systems that have a well known standard format of play. Ideally these need to be looked at, decided upon and laid out either before the season starts or early on during the season so that everyone has the same expectation of how it will run.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Quote from Tyrual on the 26th of September 2016:
Is this any different from making a challenge to a new team 2 weeks outside of the season closing?
Absolutley. All teams had current challenges of their own out and ample time for future games.

Ty, did you read my comments on issues i had brought to me towards the end of last season? how is it in any way different to a team joining a week before finals and effecting the final 4? do you have comments to make on this?
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
64%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Regardless of what time during the season it was done, ELO was still gained from both matches, giving both of you the same advantage.

So we only need to satisfy the teams making the finals? Is that seriously what you're saying? All of the hard work that the top 4 teams did to make it to the finals can be completely disregarded and their opinions don't matter because they're not the ones upset they missed out on the top 4?

Two extra teams making the finals DOES in fact effect the number one team on the ladder because it essentially disregards how every team played and challenged throughout the season. The reason we have an open ladder before the finals is so we narrow down the amount of teams needed to determine who should go into the single elimination tournament. Allowing 6 teams into the single elimination tournament (including one on a negative score) is ludicrous, since single elimination is an inaccurate way to determine a winner.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Look either way. Royal is no longer fussed about this whole saga. I personaly was a little put off due to my above comments, but really, have your vote, have a good finals with or without the 2 extra teams, and everyone move on with your lives. Every season has been a hock of shit, this one is no different.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
66%
Every team on the ladder had equal opportunity to place in the top 4.

Every team on the ladder in the top 5 have played before, and are aware that finals have 4 teams.

Of all teams on the ladder currently ranked in top 5, royal has the least games played, and the least wins. Hence the ranking

I don't see the need to change anything here, yes I agree Royal's skill level may be higher than visible on this ladder, but the fact remains that you didn't place.

We can see what the community feels, but I wont be changing my opinion on this
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Quote from Flukester on the 26th of September 2016:
Of all teams on the ladder currently ranked in top 6, royal has the least games played, and the least wins. Hence the ranking
ummmmmmmm
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
64%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Sorry Undr I don't mean to cause any drama, and I totally understand why you're upset you didn't make the finals - Royal definitely one of the best teams in Australia and as Fluke said your position in the CG ladder is not an accurate representation of that. Whilst this highlights many issues to do with the CG ladder, they are not issues which should be addressed the week of the finals being played. They should be addressed at the start of the season for maximum transparency and all teams are on level ground. For now, with the current system, there is more depth to CG than who is the best at siege - it also comes down to how you play the ladder.
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Go ahead and remove the elo we recieved from KS. And do the same for GIU. Lets see who is in top 4. I honestly dont know why thats even an argument? They joined, they challenged, we beat them, they left,not our problem. the fact that it is clearly shows your grasping at straws.

The fact is, a team was allowed to join a week before finals and ladder lock, and directly remove us from final 4. So all of your comments regarding the hard work the top 4 has put in is completly invalid. Your talking about us mate. End of topic. remove the vote, see you all next season. im sure these finals will be riveting as fuck
Downvote
6 months ago

Follow CG On:
Ongoing PC PUGs:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 2 Days WIN an iPod Nano 16GB every Month! Congratulations frostqzz, our March Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
360 Votes