PC PS XBOX
Login  
z
OP
AU
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 2
Currently 11 teams on the ladder, I look over at some of the teams and see 12+ members in some of these teams.

Why?? You don't need that many players in one CG team just for a open ladder. Why do people run teams like there supposed to be massive clans??

I can see about 4 more teams signing up from all these players just sitting in these teams.

7-8 should be max, core 5 and subs. Don't run these massive teams, there would be a lot more matches being played.

The more teams sign up, the bigger the scene gets.

eSport orgs aren't going to pick up teams with 10+ players, doing this won't have the competitive scene go anywhere. Let more of these players start up teams and will have more sign up to upcoming tourneys/ladders/leagues.

Yes it's only an open ladder, but lets try to make this ladder filled with teams so we have the potential investment to grow and last.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
74%
there are alot of casual players that are just in those teams for the sake of it tbh.

make way for cut the grass though gentlemen
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
67%
I support Joey's argument. I know each team has different commitment levels and pursue different goals, but, some teams:
LSQZ --> 15 members (I'm aware that there is a LSQZ2 so...good job LSQZ)
xAUx --> 19 members
AUS --> 13 members

Would strongly encourage you guys build new teams, as:

• Makes new competition
  • Majority of the community will improve as a player and team due to there being different types of competition
  • It's much more fun facing different teams in each few weeks rather than 'X' vs 'Y' being played 3 times in the span of a month.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Post Likes: 1
Quote from .Joey on the 3rd of September 2016:
Why?? You don't need that many players in one CG team just for a open ladder. Why do people run teams like there supposed to be massive clans?? .

I can't believe I need to say this, but let me explain something. I'll use Aussie Underdogs current roster and position as an example.

Blackie and I both work night shifts. We need to be able to choose nights that are suitable for us since we are core members on the roster. One core member has school which means he needs to be in bed quite early as he needs to travel 1+ hours every morning to attend school. Another core member is based in W.A. and is two hours behind us which means we need to schedule games later in the night which is then inconvenient for another core member who needs to be at work at 5am. And that's just the core members. We only have one core member who doesn't have issues with availability.

Now to our subs. One sub has school as well so he needs to be in bed early-ish. We have three subs that are located in NZ who are also two hours ahead of us so we need to schedule games early in the evening which makes it inconvenient on the people who work and arrive home late. One sub can only play on weekends which is inconvenient on most of the core members.

Now to our new recruits. To be fair on our other members who aren't part of the core of sub roster, we add them to CG so they can get a taste of it and so we can evaluate their performance to see if they're CG suitable.

We do indeed have some inactive players on our roster and it is about time we remove them. A lot of us work. A lot of us study. I myself study full-time during the day, work during the night, spend time with my partner, captain AU, admin the CG ladder and still find time to play Siege. I don't laze around on my ass all day and collect welfare checks every fortnight. I have a real life. So do the members of AU. We put our member's well being before a video game.

I believe the true potential and investment of this ladder is to weed out the toxic teams and the ones filled with nothing but drama. We need to rid the game of all hackers, exploitors and griefers before this ladder can thrive.

So before asking "why?????" take a second to step back and evaluate the situation. Think about other people and their real life commitments.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
72%
no point saying "why" if it grows it grows just because some teams don't want to split you can't force them... just need to accept this is as many teams you can get on this game and if you get more thats a bonus..
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
67%
Yeah I see your points as valid points Jebus. As I said:
Quote from _Fluxx:
Would strongly encourage you guys build new teams
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Quote from _Fluxx on the 5th of September 2016:
Yeah I see your points as valid points Jebus. As I said:
Quote from _Fluxx:
Would strongly encourage you guys build new teams

We tried that by making Ironside eSports. Availabilities didn't work out. We don't have enough confirmed availabilities to split members up into teams. We can barely get 6 people on at the same time for a game. I'm not sure about LSQZ or AUS though.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
70%
To be honest, I don't think the game is quite big enough yet to support the kind of teams we would like to see. I tried looking into making two AIM teams, one in the east and one in the west. I was 2 and 1 player(s) short in either case. So now we have 6 core members with 3 on the east and 3 on the west, plus an emergency sub and a single inactive member. If the player base grew another 10% maybe, it probably would allow for the extra teams that other teams are wanting.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
66%
Post Likes: 1
From -AUS- perspective, having larger rosters has always been our MO. One of the things we try to do across all our games is encourage everyone to sign up for ladders, so if we struggle to get players we have a deeper pool of people who can step in. We have more core players, but at this stage we havent got a core team locked in so have a lot of casual players or non R6 players stepping in to fill spots for a match. Maybe this is reflected in our ladder position as quite a few of our matches have had people who have rarely if ever played R6 before.

I would dearly love to set up a 2nd AUS team in this ladder, but at the moment so many of the people on our current roster are focused on Battlefield as they are Battlefield core players and only reserve R6. If we can start getting a regular team to matches and stop having to dip into the reserve pool at some point we might be able to split a second team off.

TL;DR there are people in our roster that have never played R6. No we don't plan on changing that, that is how we have always done it. Hasn't been an issue in the past and we have been around since 2000, so we must be doing something right. We aren't looking to get picked up by an esports organisation. We don't do sponsors, we prefer to play for ourselves and go toe to toe with the esports orgs and highly sponsored teams.

That said though. Should anyone want to join us, send me a message. If we get a few more we will certainly look at starting a second more competitive team, or you can simply play in our casual team.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Quote from Birnabear on the 5th of September 2016:
From -AUS- perspective, having larger rosters has always been our MO. One of the things we try to do across all our games is encourage everyone to sign up for ladders, so if we struggle to get players we have a deeper pool of people who can step in. We have more core players, but at this stage we havent got a core team locked in so have a lot of casual players or non R6 players stepping in to fill spots for a match. Maybe this is reflected in our ladder position as quite a few of our matches have had people who have rarely if ever played R6 before.

I would dearly love to set up a 2nd AUS team in this ladder, but at the moment so many of the people on our current roster are focused on Battlefield as they are Battlefield core players and only reserve R6. If we can start getting a regular team to matches and stop having to dip into the reserve pool at some point we might be able to split a second team off.

TL;DR there are people in our roster that have never played R6. No we don't plan on changing that, that is how we have always done it. Hasn't been an issue in the past and we have been around since 2000, so we must be doing something right. We aren't looking to get picked up by an esports organisation. We don't do sponsors, we prefer to play for ourselves and go toe to toe with the esports orgs and highly sponsored teams.

That said though. Should anyone want to join us, send me a message. If we get a few more we will certainly look at starting a second more competitive team, or you can simply play in our casual team.

+1

Glad there's a pool of players we can call upon if our core RB6 can't get the numbers..
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
73%
Yeah, as the others have said above, having a roster of 10+ doesn't mean you could field 2 teams, it just means 10+ people are a part of the same Clan and have the same game. It doesn't mean all of them are able to commit to playing every single game in a season or Prac enough to be able to compete with the top.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Quote from gusrulz on the 13th of September 2016:
Yeah, as the others have said above, having a roster of 10+ doesn't mean you could field 2 teams, it just means 10+ people are a part of the same Clan and have the same game. It doesn't mean all of them are able to commit to playing every single game in a season or Prac enough to be able to compete with the top.

Prac? What is that?
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Practice.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 3
*Watches as joke flies overhead*
Downvote
8 months ago

Follow CG On:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 20 Hours! WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our April Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1265 Votes