64%
Downvote
6 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
64%
I don't know why people keep on asking me about arvo groups but there is no such thing as arvo groups, you will all be playing at the exact same time.
Downvote
6 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
64%
Okay, not much to go of course so here are couple of stuff that you need to know/need to do.

- PLEASE Be on time, you must be there by 9:30, its recommended that you actually get there 9:15 to start setting up and etc
- Please upload your configs to a website and bring it on a usb just for backup just incase if anything goes bad, if you don't on how to upload it online then head over to mediafire.com and create an account there.
- Prep your equipment to bring so you don't forget them in the morning (Lol)

- knife fight will take place at exactly 9:55, if your team isn't there then bad luck, notify them all from now please. if there is 4 players then you will be forced to play unless you want to forfeit, if 3 players and less then you will automatically forfeit, rules are very clear

- Plan your trip from now please, if you're unable to then visit this website:
https://tp.transportnsw.info/nsw/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
72%
Thanks for the LAN today Fluffer!
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
74%
Thank you fluffer, kmando and karath!!!
Downvote
6 months ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • twitch.tv/kingbigtv
Follow me on twitch - twitch.tv/kingbigTV
MC
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
77%
PC Platform Admin
Ty for lan was great
Downvote
6 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • PC CS:GO Admin
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
68%
Thanks from my team and I (Protocol)!! Was a great first LAN experience for us, really enjoyed it!
Downvote
6 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
64%
Thanks for attending guys, this wouldn't of had happened if it wasn't without you guys of course. I'm also sorry for the technical difficulties that we encountered on the day,, it might of tilted couple of yous but that's how life is, not everything you want is given to you.
It was nice meeting some of yous on the day.

Congratulations to Team Mivn (KingBig, Pecks, Mizu, Liazz, Strax) for taking the $500 prize for first place followed by Funky Monkeys (MC, Sidney, Snydney, Reloaded, Yor1mato) in the second place.

Big Shout out to the lifesaver kmando, without him the lan would've been cancelled.
Shout out to BlueS and Dezible for helping me out before the lan and help me organize it and etc.

If i forgot to mention you then just let me know.. i cant remember everyone of the top of my head.

I hope you guys enjoyed your day
Downvote
6 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
69%
Thanks for the day Fluffer and co. :))
Downvote
6 months ago
US
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 2
Cheers fluffer for the lan. a lot was learnt so hopefully we can run a better one in future

small notes:

- pc problems with CS:GO
- online servers
- 60hz vs 120hz games (big nono), or we can enforce 60hz (@kmando used to do this)
- time taken to try resolve PC issue (next time lets just move PC's for groups to speed things up, and for finals we can fix from there)

I don't mind the quad booths for groups, so long as its an even playing field.

Let's try look into cityhunter, we used to run 1.6 lans there (burwood, china town if it still exists) - if theyve upgraded their PC's it could be OK

honestly id rather the whole lan centre use 19/21" 60hz monitors, but good PC's

If anyone knows some info post and lets have a discussion
Downvote
5 months ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 4
Yeah it was pretty unfair that two teams had 144hz monitor, what Moey said was right, just make everyone play on 60hz and use 144hz for GF

If people just switched computers instead of just trying to fix one computer, the delay would of been less and that would of been great. Also the LAN needed fkn to turn on the aircon earlier, it was so fkn hot inside and the PC was emitting so much heat.

Other than the delays + it being hot AF, it was a pretty decent LAN

Edited once, 19/9/16 - 5:32pm.
Downvote
5 months ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • twitch.tv/kingbigtv
Follow me on twitch - twitch.tv/kingbigTV
AU
using Chrome 52.0
Rep:
75%
PC CS:GO Admin
Quote from moeycq on the 19th of September 2016:
- 60hz vs 120hz games (big nono), or we can enforce 60hz (@kmando used to do this)

During B4S when Kmando used to enforce this on the PC's, I don't think it actually worked, when we played on those PC's compared to the non 144's it still felt like it had 144/120 enabled.
Downvote
5 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
PC CS:GO Admin
Post Likes: 1
Yeah, I think its awesome you organised a lan fluffer, you gain nothing out of it and this is not a post to spite your efforts or criticise your method of running the lan. However take from it what you wish, it may be beneficial when/if you run another one.

-As moey said, its pretty unfair that everyone paid 30$ yet some players got 120hz Monitors VS 60hz. ESPECIALLY, when you messaged our team saying there was no need to bring our own monitors as "they are all 120-144hz"

-I think the venue was good, easily accessible in the city by train and overall pretty decent setup.

- The servers should defs be on lan otherwise its pretty much like playing online but just being next to each other, even though that was fixed towards the end of the day.

-The delays were a massive issue for us, this is totally out of your control however maybe if a team is arguing about "money" because a server crashed, just put your foot down and make a decision on what should happen. You are the admin after all

-I Also think even with all the issues and delays at hand, I could tell you were genuinely putting in a lot of effort while trying to help a lot of teams out. +1 for that.

I would obviously be the saltiest here since my team was so affected xD but yeah. Just a bit of feedback, hope it doesnt sound like im complaining.
Downvote
5 months ago
US
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Post Likes: 2
Good responses guys and @Fluffer we would all be supportive of another LAN bro - the first ones are always stressful. Let's get back to that old SYD lan community vibe from 1.6 and source (and early cs:go)
Downvote
5 months ago