? Sign Up!
Powered by GIGABYTE
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
70%
Hey everyone,

For a bit of fun at the end of the season, we decided to do an individual player power rankings to see what people thought the top 20 players in the region are at this moment. This is by no means a super serious list, but I hope it gives people who don't play competitive an idea of who to look out for! Each member of the committee ranked their top 30 players out of roughly 90 players and then the list was ordered based on the average ranking

Players to watch

yumi_cheeseman: Plitzinator
Tibore: Siki
Julz: Cyrix
SnarfSnarf: aoe_emp
Dumbo: Cyrix
Daisu: SnarfSnarf
Soma: JCoffee
Special Guest - Rekt.: Dumbo

Here's how everyone ranked the top 20 players:

There were a lot of players in close contention to make top 20, here they are (in alphabetical order):

Coleslaw, Daisu, Daze, Fachy, Freak, French Fries, Greeny, GroovyGrape, Julz, Lukorice, OssyOsbert Penor, Plitzinator, Sparks, ToxicAU, Turtle, Ultra, Zepsy

Thank you for everyone who got involved and took the time to put something down, please feel free to tell us how stupid we are down below :D.
Downvote
7 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
70%
Post Likes: 1
Also, I just realise it says "team" and not "player in the table title, and it's too late, go team Dumbo!
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Firefox 51.0
Rep:
69%
wheres turtle

edit: ayy you put him in the close contention

Edited once, 2/8/16 - 6:45pm.
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Chrome 50.0
Rep:
56%
To whom it may concern,

I would like to speak to the manager of this ladder please. I would like to understand why I'm not on the list. One time i did a juke dribble thing and popped the ball over yumi to score. I'm clearly the better player.

I expect a full-apology form your behalf.

Thank you,

Dufeyz.
Downvote
7 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
70%
Slurpee, he was just outside the top 20. Since everyone rated their top 30 players after the 22/23 mark it was mostly "who got rated well by one person" instead of by everyone.

Dufeyz, I'll be sure to keep you in mind for my top 1000 list :).
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
71%
Kawaii not on ladder
Downvote
7 months ago
US
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
69%
Quote from wasted on the 2nd of August 2016:
Kawaii not on ladder

Downvote
7 months ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Typing is no substitute for Thinking
AU
using Firefox 50.0
Rep:
69%
Is this now gonna be a weekly thing? It would be harwd to pull it off
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
71%
Fake's not on there FeelsBadMan
Downvote
7 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
70%
Groovy, it was just a one off thing, it was pretty hard getting 7 people to rate their top 30 players in the first place

If you wanted to do a weekly thing, a like "Top 10 players of this week" or something would be cool, kinda like JAM top 5.
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Firefox 51.0
Rep:
69%
Top 10 players of the week would be dope
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Safari 601.1
Rep:
71%
where the fuck is @bigmiddy you shitters
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
66%
No SsTeVe on there, feelsbadman

SsTeVe isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability and movement? SsTeVe puts the game in another level, we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. Express breaks records, Dumbo breaks records. SsTeVe breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic - Cyrix
Downvote
7 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
69%
If i had to rank these players, This is absolutely not what it would look like, for 1 Dumbo would not be number 1 maybe around 6 or 7, also Soma would be higher than Eren and Orion. Drippay wouldn't even be there. I dunno maybe i judge people differently, probs more on players not playing like a total twat rather than mechanical skill, i dunno
Downvote
7 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
70%
Post Likes: 2
If I were to be rating players purely off mechanics, it'd probably look more like:
Express
Siki
Bango
Dumbo
Outlast
GroovyGrape
Toxic
Lukorice
Daze
Daisu
Freak

But it's very difficult to rate purely off mechanical skill because who is able to say whether being "slightly better at wall striking" is worth more or less than being "slightly better at dribbling" without the context of how it is used in game with or against you. GroovyGrape won't mind me using him as an example, but I think he's the best keyboard player mechanically, but he doesn't end up using those mechanics as well as he should be in game due to positioning, shot selection, etc.

Edited once, 3/8/16 - 11:09am.
Downvote
7 months ago