8 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
69%
Post Likes: 1
Quote from Scrivyyy on the 23rd of June 2016:
So in other words, deal with it?
I apologise; I don't recall either saying nor hinting at that in my previous statement.
Downvote
8 months ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Typing is no substitute for Thinking
AU
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
67%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Quote from Scrivyyy on the 23rd of June 2016:
So in other words, deal with it?

That's not how I interpreted it. If the pings are within the rules then the game goes on. If they aren't, take a screenshot and leave the game. Simple as that.
Downvote
8 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • Rainbow 6 Referee
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
66%
Why wasn't the match disputed? Link evidence with the high ping and it can be looked into
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Quote from Flukester on the 23rd of June 2016:
Why wasn't the match disputed? Link evidence with the high ping and it can be looked into

If you're referring to the game I mentioned against R6 that had ping issues, we had the admin of the time refereeing the game and he said to either play on or reschedule. Was our first game, and we didn't want to start waves. Next game saw me make that thread about getting teams in order. Happy sailing ever since.
Downvote
8 months ago
SG
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
57%
Post Likes: 2
Hi everyone, it seems there's been a lot of friction that has developed with regards to us (Team Envy) playing in this AU league.

First and foremost, we joined this league with the hopes of expanding our r6 community, maybe finding a scrim partner or 2 to beef up this already small community (we occasionally scrim teams from all over the region; Japan, Korea, HK, Australia etc..).

Under the guidelines and the 'ok' from admins, it is to our understanding that as long as we're under 150ms it wouldn't be much of a problem so we continued to participate in this league. Before every game, we also make it a point to confirm that our ping is fine and if not, we'd happily find a sub/postpone the game or even cancel (thus far all teams have chosen to play on).

With everything said, I understand that this league is a community thing and if our presence here is troublesome and does not bring anything positive for you guys, we will gladly withdraw.

We're still very much open to scrims (it's getting harder to find scrim partners from anywhere because the game is slowly declining in players), and for future matches we can play in our servers if u think it is too unfair.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
67%
Cheesy its a tough one. Im the biggest advocate for this game and community. i want nothing more then for it to prosper. i love the game. However with the way R6 works your ping advantage leaves a sour after taste in my mouth.

I have nothing against your team or how you have handled the situation, hence no dispute.

My question was directed to finals, where i believe all teams should be playing on a level playing field. i cant help but think you would agree with me here. Its seems so fucking absurd to have a finals with one team sitting on 30-60 ping and another on 140-160... how is this good for our ladder and game as a whole?
Downvote
8 months ago
SG
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
57%
Yeah it's cool, we understand any concerns you or the organisers might have, if they say that this is too much then so be it. After all this is your community and we don't want to impede the prosperity in any way, we were just here to make friends (which we did to some extent) and learn from other teams (which we did, a LOT, so thank you for that).

Also, i decided to reply to this thread because it felt like things were getting a little hostile. On a few occasions we were being referred to as "a certain team" amongst other things, it's very explicit who you guys are talking about and it felt a bit derogatory.

As with any other game, ping has always been a big issue when we play across borders, our suggestion would be to maybe play a Bo2/Bo3 in each others servers or something to make it as close to being fair as possible. We'll leave it up to the admins to decide but again, I can't stress enough how we understand that this is an AUSTRALIAN cybergames community, and we'll respect any decision the admins choose to make. Sincerely though, we want to keep playing with u guys because locally, there isn't much of a scene or other leagues we can play in.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
using Firefox 52.0
Rep:
67%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Quote from CheesyGrit on the 23rd of June 2016:
it's very explicit who you guys are talking about and it felt a bit derogatory.

In light of this comment, I want this to be made clear:

Quote from KTO.UndrAchieve on the 23rd of June 2016:
I have nothing against your team or how you have handled the situation, hence no dispute.

No one here has any issues with your team members on a personal level. This should be clear from how every team, or almost every team, that you've played with has allowed you guys to continue playing with >150 ping. You guys were nice enough in our game (Aussie Underdogs) and we only regretted playing against such high pings.

Like Undr said above, the ping difference does give you guys an unfair advantage albeit you guys really can't help it. I'm sure the Singapore region isn't as populated as Australia. Hence we get so many asians jumping onto Australia's servers and wrecking everyone in ranked, etc.

I personally don't want to see you guys and other Singaporean's/Asian countries be locked from the CyberGamer ladder as I too want this community to thrive, but when Siege's netcode is as bad as it is, it's really unfair to the Australian teams who predominantly outweigh Asian teams. My stance is that we should play this season out how it's been played this whole time and base the new location rules around how the netcode is come time for the new season. If the netcode is still shit, then we may have to decide to lock the ladder to Australia & New Zealand.
Downvote
8 months ago
  • CG Contributions:
  • Rainbow 6 Referee
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Quote from CheesyGrit on the 23rd of June 2016:
Also, i decided to reply to this thread because it felt like things were getting a little hostile. On a few occasions we were being referred to as "a certain team" amongst other things, it's very explicit who you guys are talking about and it felt a bit derogatory.

If that was myself, I apologise. I'd definitely be keen to have a game against you some time (once I get back from my trip if we can organise it). But if it was me, I may have also been referring to R6, who we had similar ping problems with, not to mention a whole bunch of hackusations from throughout the whole community (including non-comp) thrown in their direction. So I may have been meaning them. And I was replying mostly on my phone while at doctor's and while shopping so likely wasn't watching what I typed.

Either way, I do sincerely apologise if my comments came across as hostile or derogatory toward you.

And I am sorry that I've had to take such a hard / negative line toward your team re: ping. We've been bitten once already by high pingers in comp games and it's not fun. :/ But in a non-competitive scene, I'd love to play you guys. And if you guys remain for this season, pending admin decision, we'll give you a run, too, if we ever get high enough to challenge. But I DO dislike the ping advantage you will have. :/ As said above, sticky sitch. I like friendly people (which you guys clearly are); I dislike unfair advantage / disadvantage.

I *AM* glad you did take the time to reply, as that WAS something I did mention that I had not liked, i.e. no one in your team posting anything anywhere here. So, thank you for that.
Downvote
8 months ago
SG
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
57%
Quote from OeterB on the 24th of June 2016:
And if you guys remain for this season, pending admin decision, we'll give you a run, too, if we ever get high enough to challenge. But I DO dislike the ping advantage you will have.

Quote from ThyJebusBeDone on the 24th of June 2016:
Like Undr said above, the ping difference does give you guys an unfair advantage albeit you guys really can't help it.

Seems like much of the issue revolves around the ping and netcode, unfortunately I don't think there is anything anyone can do about it atm. But like I said before we'd be willing (and it only seems fair to) surrender the ping advantage (or disadvantage) by playing on our server. That's one way to keep things as fair as possible, of course it won't be totally fair to both sides but it's a start.

As for future leagues, we'd totally understand if it's kept to OCE region only pending any organizers decision. However we'd like to settle the current season first as so far we've invested quite a bit of time in it as well. We want to continue playing but hopefully with less complaints about the ping, we just want to have fun and play with some healthy competition.
Downvote
8 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
Stupid thought, but what if the server settings were adjusted for games against Envy so that the higher ranked team had to be at the disadvantage? i.e. Envy are first, so server settings are set to their local server, so, eg, KTO have the higher ping, thus ping advantage? Could be a way to even thing a LITTLE if they remain in the competition this season? Finals, BO3, could be played over different servers, too? One each way, then higher ranked team gets the local server so lower ranked team gets advantage? I'm not sure, just throwing stupid ideas to try and find some solution for this season if Envy remain.
Downvote
8 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
66%
Hey Cheesy,

Thanks for posting. I wanted people to dispute matches instead of this open discussion for that reason too, didn't want you guys feeling singled out.

When we played you (GNT) you definitly were more prepared, but sometimes we would die without any visibility on our screens, where the kill-cam showed you clearly in-front of us.

I am putting some new rules in place, and I hope your team doesn't leave all together. I would suggest maybe recruiting a few aus / NZ players to lower your total pings and we can all have fairer matches.
Downvote
8 months ago