AUS/NZ
PC PS XBOX
z
AU
Rep:
72%
Re: Max Shields. I don't feel there should be limitations. I know, ESL do it. But, play the game as it was made I feel.

In addition to this, things are becoming more and more balanced. Shields don't have as good forward vision. Frost traps often get them; with the Kapkan buffs, it will make it even more difficult for them to navigate now. There's still also plenty of viable operators with C4 and/or smoke. And it's not too hard to flank, surely.

Just my thoughts.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
66%
OeterB they were challenged 4 times separately and never accepted or replied to PM's
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Quote from Flukester on the 22nd of June 2016:
OeterB they were challenged 4 times separately and never accepted or replied to PM's

Oh, trust me, I've no problem with them no longer being in the comp. We played our game against them, one had ping of 130, one 170, and two 240+. Was fun.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Post Likes: 1
We just played Envy again to much expected frustration. One player peaked in at 220, the rest sat somewhere around 130-140. Now we opted to play on, as a reschedule seemed pointless and a forfeit would have been a waste of fucking time.

However, my question is, once finals arrives what is going to be done about this team that chooses to compete outside of the region? Will this peakers advantage be tolerated when playing for the season? As much as i find it tilt worthy playing against this ping at a competitive level , i tend to put up with it in a general weekly match. However KTO will refuse to participate in finals against this ping.

Can we squash this now and save everyone's time? If nothing can be done and the rules wont be changed , i find it hard even bothering competing any further, if thats what awaits us at the finish line.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
74%
Its bad enough that ranked is populated by out-of-region players trying to grab a free win, but now we have one in our ladder that is on track to being in the finals, and I believe that is almost solely due to the ping advantage. Disallowing teams not in OCE would probably be the best idea.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
77%
Post Likes: 2
KTO wont be in finals because im ddosing you all now
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
74%
High Ping in R6 is bullshit. pretty disappointed in CG that a certain team is still on this ladder due to that ping advantage.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
74%
Agree with scrivy, would've made more sense from the start to cover the loopholes, because now people are disappointed in cg and angry at a particular team
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Out of interest, what are their pings in match?
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Quote from OeterB on the 23rd of June 2016:
Out of interest, what are their pings in match?

In our particular match last night, one player started at 220 and fluctuated between that and 160. The other 4 players all sat between 130-140+.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
We have decided to play hard on the rules after our first two games were... interesting. If we ever have to play them (not likely, from down where we are on the table!), we will not allow anything above 150. At all.

When they issue the challenge, where are they setting the server? Are they at least providing Australian servers? I figure I may as well ask you, because I doubt they're going to weigh into anything here.

Anyway, I think the rules should be changed to Australian / NZ residents AND with a average ping below 150.

Ping advantage is stupid in this game. When you're up against a team where all of them have that advantage, it's too hard. We wound up losing our game against R6 where the final round was 1 R6 v 4 AIM due to the remaining player having ping of 230. We just could not get the drop on them with their peeker's advantage.

There's no reason this rule can't be implemented half way through the season. Other rules can be implemented mid-season, so why can't this? We lose a team out of it, but general consensus I'm seeing is nobody will mind.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
I dont think allowing overseas teams to compete is the answer to bulking the small AUS R6 community. id rather play with 10 teams on a level playing field then 30 with a mix and match ping system.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
I'm with Undr on this one. The Oceanic Siege ladder should be limited to Australia and New Zealand. I don't even need to ask who the 220ping guy was in KTO's match as I already know. Aussie Underdogs also regretted their decision allowing such a high ping. I have to play the Devil's Advocate here and say that it would be really unfair to Envy if they got kicked out after they made finals. However, by saying that I believe there should be major restrictions and enforcement of those restrictions for finals until the new rules come into effect next season. Pings need to be below <150. Anything over is an instant player disqualification that cannot be overruled by either team playing the match. This would require the referee to enforce the ping rule midgame with no leniency. This is the only way we can make finals fair.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Well, they've not made the finals yet? Is there even an end date to this season?

Beyond this, having gone through their player profiles from their team sheet, not one has contributed a single post to anything on the forums about rules, rule changes, etc, or CG forums in general. So they're just here for the 'prize', and not to add to the community.

Put it into effect ASAP. If it means one less team, it means one less team. As said, I'd rather less teams who are on an 'even playing field' in terms of ping, etc, than one more team that is just dominating due to ping / peeker's advantage.

Having now played a handful of games, one with three players over the 150ping threshold where we were advised by an admin to just play it, then another game where we found out after that they had minimum 2 players ineligible (one who joined the team that day and doesn't seem to be in their team anymore...), we won't be playing nice anymore. Less than 150ping, or no dice.

But, yes, rule needs to be two fold; Aus/NZ resident AND <150 ping (to prevent shaped internet high pingers playing, etc). That should let our WA friends play (our players sit around 120ish from WA), and NZers, too.

Sorry to be a dick, but that's where myself and my team sit.
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
Rep:
69%
The way the rule stands at the moment, it's a ping average. So if they are sitting too close to 150 - you have no requirement to continue the match. They have a requirement to stick within the bounds of the rules and if they are not; then take a screenshot, leave the match and post it on the match chat. Provided their pings are unacceptable as reported above - you will receive the forfeit win. It's simple as that - you're not required to play out the match if they're not within the bounds of the rules.
Downvote
1.2 years ago