PC PS XBOX
Login  
z
OP
AU
Rep:
66%
Hey all.

I've been tasked with drafting some new rules for the ladder. The final changes will be made by the admin team as soon as we have a solid list.

As many of you know , I have my own ideas about this, but I would like each team to put forward some suggestions in case I have missed anything, or if your ideas are better.

Please try and keep things point form, and read others' posts before posting your own.

Fluke
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Post Likes: 1

• 3rd party anti-cheat (ie. MOSS)
  • No kill cams only if a 3rd party anti-cheat is implemented
  • Referees/spectators for every match. With the amount of admins now, there is no excuse as to why no one would be available.
  • Stricter enforcement of the current rules. Aussie Underdogs had to wait 25 minutes past the official start time for a clan to get all their members on.
Downvote
1 year ago
US
Rep:
65%

• 3rd Party Anti-Cheat!!!
  • Admins who are playing can have no say in their own games (eg. Their team playing vs whoever.)
  • Stricter Enforcement of rules
  • Closer following to ESL rules
  • |---> Still don't think that BB should count as a "shield op" but I think one shield rule should become our rules too
  • If one team only has 4 players, that team can't start. Rules need to be put in place so either: they need 5 to play and that's that, or a player can join, start the game with them and Alt+F4/leave the game after to leave them at the 4 they had.

Any way good thing the rules are being amended.
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Agree with the above suggestions.

MOSS is a great idea.

Refs should only be required upon a request from a team or finals. If i am versing a team i know and trust i do not see the need to take up someones time.

As far as enforcing the current rules it really does come down to team interaction. If there is issues pre game such as a team not showing up, make the call to either make them forfeit or choose to wait. People are gonna be late and its up to captains to dispute and put their foot down if they so choose.

I would like to see ESL's one shield per team addition be enforced on our ladder too. It drives a more balanced attacking team and therefore more balanced and enjoyable game play.
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 2
follow ESL. that is the only logical way forward and i dont know why anything else would be considered
Downvote
1 year ago
OP
AU
Rep:
66%
Dealzz I agree somewhat, but we also have to keep in mind this is more casual than ESL and needs to stay fun. Also ESL rules aren't working as far as I can see.

Thanks for the suggestions so far keep em coming
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
75%
the way i see it, if teams want to take r6 seriously and have a change at competing further than au, we should be following the primary ruleset.
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
66%
Post Likes: 2
Scrap the rule, "Player ping must be below an average of 150....... disqualified from matches at admin discretion."

And add this Rule in,

-Teams from the Oceanic Region (Australia/New Zealand) are only allowed to participate in Rainbow Six Siege ladders.(Australian ladders). Teams outside the Oceanic Region will be ineligible to play on the Australian Ladders.

The current rule ( "Player ping must be below an average of 150....... disqualified from matches at admin discretion.") has a loophole in it, that allow teams from regions outside the Oceanic region eligible to play on this ladder, as long as every player is under 150 ping.

Scrapping this rule and adding the rule I have suggested will put to rest many (What the fuck i got killed by an enemy i didnt see) claims. Also, ping will be consistent, eliminating any ping advantage that is present from ping difference; thus creating a level playing field.

I know, I sound like a Nazi not wanting teams from other regions to play on the ladder, but unfortunately, the advantage obtained with having a higher ping is quite, a big thing, especially for a tactical shooter.

I do not like to criticize, but select teams/players on this current ladder(Season 2) have on average, 70-100 ping more than the average Australian/New Zealand team/player. 70-100 ping difference is unacceptable.

This can only be averted by Ubisoft manipulating the current ping advantage system, so that players with higher ping have either, have no advantage, or have a disadvantage to some degree.

One or two players(on a team) with high ping (~150) is acceptable, But not a FULL TEAM OF FUCKING PINGERS.

(Remove admin if too inappropriate)

Edited twice, last edited 13/6/16 - 6:47pm.
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
75%
people just outside the region have been allowed because they dont have their own ladder i thought?
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
72%
There is like 15 SEA teams that i know of, not even counting the ones that stick to their own datacenter. They can make their own ladder
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
54%
+1 to what Pulsed said, Singapore isn't even a part of Oceania anyway. It's like Turks playing in the EU server.
Death Replay should be set to OFF if MoSS is implemented but it doesn't have the best security and anyone with a decent knowledge of what they are doing will be able to get through the security features. Still, this shouldn't be a problem if we get game referees who will be able to live spectate games which is possibly the most we can do regarding A-C.
I still stand by my suggestion that each team should have at least 1 player recording, including voice communications from their team.
The shield rule is just plain stupid IMO, it isn't a dealbreaker with whether or not the OCE R6 community is recognised by bigger organisations. We already play with almost every single rule copy and pasted from the Pro League & GO4 anyway.
As Jebus mentioned, rules need to be enforced but now that Fluke is part of the admin team I have no worries in that area.
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
69%
Quote from Pulsed on the 13th of June 2016:
Scrap the rule, "Player ping must be below an average of 150....... disqualified from matches at admin discretion."

And add this Rule in,

-Teams from the Oceanic Region (Australia/New Zealand) are only allowed to participate in Rainbow Six Siege ladders.(Australian ladders). Teams outside the Oceanic Region will be ineligible to play on the Australian Ladders.

I feel it should be an addition rather than a replacement. Last thing you want is to have teams inside OCE playing with 200 ping because of bad net; but opponents not being able to raise it as an issue because they're still inside the OCE region (but without an acceptable ping).
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Re: Ping discussion.

I feel it should be both in effect. Only players from Aus/NZ AND with a stable ping below 150.

The claims above about people running players with pings 70-100 above Aussie players being outside the region isn't quite accurate. Because 70-100 above my ping (East coast on fast internet connection) at about 110-140. WHICH, may I add, is what 3 players in my team sit at (90-110'ish) being in Western Australia.

Meanwhile, someone who has shaped internet at the end of the month could wind up with 250ping while being in Sydney. BUT according to the new rule, they're eligible to play, because they're within Aus/NZ.

Not to mention you're relying entirely on an honour system that people will be honest with where they post. As my flag over there <<< indicates, CyberGamer can't tell you where I am.

Also, suggestions for recording VOIP in videos will be hilarious when R6 (based in Melbourne) get challenged and they provide their recordings.
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Rainbow 6 Admin
Rainbow 6 Admin
Quote from OeterB on the 22nd of June 2016:
Also, suggestions for recording VOIP in videos will be hilarious when R6 (based in Melbourne) get challenged and they provide their recordings.

R6 seems to be no longer on the ladder.
Downvote
1 year ago
AU
Rep:
72%
Quote from ThyJebusBeDone on the 22nd of June 2016:
Quote from OeterB on the 22nd of June 2016:

R6 seems to be no longer on the ladder.

Interesting. Inactive for too long? (They won two games and hadn't made another challenge since, and nobody was challenging them.) On another note, though, I did notice at least one team from I think Malaysia who ARE in the ladder.

*Edit: Nope, predominantly from Singapore.
Downvote
1 year ago