Login  
z
1 Hero Limit
81.6%
No Hero Limit
18.4%
Total Votes: 98   Last vote: 8:21pm 26/6/16
Poll closed: 1.1 years ago
Only users who have been registered for over 6 months can vote.

NZ
Rep:
73%
Post Likes: 1
1 hero limit runs a lot smoother. It prevents infinite overtime on koth as 6 tracers don't jump on point one at a time. It also gives a lot of breathing room for other champions such as Symmetra who was impossible to play with double Winston meta. Overall the 1 hero limit is very healthy for the meta and provides a much more enjoyable experience for the players and viewers alike.

I'm all for the 1 hero limit and I'm pretty sure most of the people agree with me.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
73%
1 hero limit is fucking stupid lol.

Have you guys even been watching the comps?
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Yes and playing in them, you?

I'm guessing you never got 2x winston, 2x lucio, 2x mcree'd on KOTH before.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
70%
Quote from ManKid on the 9th of June 2016:

Yeah we have, did you also watch the most recent GosuGamer weekly with the 1 hero limit? And how much smoother it ran in terms of viewing and game play? Don't forget the amount of players who played it in it from top teams and said they enjoyed it more.

Pretty sure Internethulk from Envy got called up for an interview on stream and praised the 1 hero limit, along with his team.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
72%

game is fucking boring with no hero limit, basically only 5 heroes get played, but I mean you've watched comps man so you must be right.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
Rep:
TBA
Quote from jake-2iyM- on the 9th of June 2016:
game is fucking boring with no hero limit, basically only 5 heroes get played

Ehhh don't see how having a hero limit is going to suddenly open the flood gates on every hero getting played. The "meta" will be stale as it was with no hero cap in a couple of weeks once the top players figure out the best comp and it will trickle down from there. Just like it does in every game with hero/champs

Happy to be proved wrong though because so far it's been all right to watch some of the streams
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
63%

Have you been watching or playing because if you have it should be fucking obvious no Hero Limit is stupid. And yes watched plenty comps also played scrims on both sides and no hero limit is fucking awful and a majority of the comp community in each country agrees.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
41%
A hero limit should be implemented, it makes sense because how incredibly stupid a game could become and end in stalemate after stalemate. Also the game wouldn't be fun getting stomped by 6 Bastions I would maybe allow a 2x limit instead of 1x.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
72%
Quote from Some_Thing on the 9th of June 2016:
A hero limit should be implemented, it makes sense because how incredibly stupid a game could become and end in stalemate after stalemate. Also the game wouldn't be fun getting stomped by 6 Bastions I would maybe allow a 2x limit instead of 1x.
2 hero limit is too much, that's why the 1 hero limit is being pushed by everyone.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
63%
1 Hero imo will allow for much more varried gameplay and counter picks and will allow for the development of alot of varied strats which will be good to see.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
73%
I think a 1 hero limit is required and if heroes get left in the dust then blizzard will need to buff them back into it just like dota did, over 100 different heroes played at this Manilla comp.

1 Hero limit could be accompanied by a pick and ban scenario, for example banning Winstons / Lucio / Mercy / McCree's on certain maps

Lots of ways to bring diversity, just need to think differently
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
74%
I remember hearing from blizzard (youtube vid or blizzcon, cant remember) that they wanted the game to be able to switch up heroes and roll with multiple combinations like duplicate heroes throughout the match. That sounds all good and well for casual/arcade type game modes, but for ranked matches, I hope make 1 hero limit and the ability to see what the other team picks too.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Quote from snyper on the 10th of June 2016:
I think a 1 hero limit is required and if heroes get left in the dust then blizzard will need to buff them back into it just like dota did, over 100 different heroes played at this Manilla comp.

1 Hero limit could be accompanied by a pick and ban scenario, for example banning Winstons / Lucio / Mercy / McCree's on certain maps

A single hero limit with a short hero pick/ban phase for each map was what I assumed the competitive community would end up going towards last year when I first had the chance to play it. But that said I don't even have enough time to play the game at the moment, let alone keep up with the competitive community, so I have no clue if that is something the community is even interested in.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
67%
Quote from Putto on the 10th of June 2016:
Quote from snyper on the 10th of June 2016:

A single hero limit with a short hero pick/ban phase for each map was what I assumed the competitive community would end up going towards last year when I first had the chance to play it. But that said I don't even have enough time to play the game at the moment, let alone keep up with the competitive community, so I have no clue if that is something the community is even interested in.

I don't think a pick/ban phase is viable with only 21 heroes personally.
Downvote
1.1 years ago
AU
Rep:
63%
Its not. Maybe once the roster fills out a little more, but in its current state no chance wouldn't make sense.
Downvote
1.1 years ago

View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 4 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our June Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1968 Votes