Powered by GIGABYTE
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Rainbow 6 Referee
Was browsing through ESL rules and noticed this

"Only one character using a shield allowed per team (this includes Montagne, Blackbeard and a Recruit with a shield)"

Source: http://play.eslgaming.com/rainbowsix/europe-pc/r6siege/open/ladder-5on5-europe/rules

What are your thoughts? Should the ladder be following the same rule?
Downvote
10 months ago
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
65%
Definitely not, probably put in place to deter 5 mans of shield glitchers back a month or 2 ago. It's a stupid restrictive rule that no longer serves a purpose.
Downvote
10 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Rainbow 6 Referee
The rules would have been updated to be applied to Season 2 as Blackbeard is present.

I just find it interesting as it would vary team compositions, as both a shield and Blackbeard play different roles already
Downvote
10 months ago
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
72%
I don't particularly like this. Though, I'm a fan of playing the game as close to how it was made as possible. One thing I hated in CG Battlefield comps were the number of restrictions. C4 / mines / M320 / rocket launchers were all banned due to them 'breaking the map'. While I could see how they could, I would've liked to have played with them. Adds more variety.

I personally think by restricting the use of abilities, you're definitely not forcing varying team compositions. You'd be restricting it. I don't really see a 5 man shield strat working that well. Then again, we're yet to win more than 1 round in a game!
Downvote
10 months ago
AU
using Chrome 58.0
Rep:
73%
Post Likes: 1
i think we should be following esl rules especially if teams want to take this seriously and compete outside of aus
Downvote
10 months ago
  • Premium Tag:
  • Taswegian <3
Follow my Twitter at https://twitter.com/Dealzz_
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
67%
Yep. I agree on the rule. Makes sure teams don't recruit shield 5-man...bit of a shit tactic at a competitive level I may add. I like this rule, but only this. Don't see any other rules that can improve gameplay (nor do I want any more added).
Downvote
10 months ago
Battlefield 4 - 4th place in ESL One Summer - Season 4, 2015 in debut season - 3rd place in ESL One Winter - Season 5, 2015 ($1000 prize money) Rainbow Six: - CyberGamer R6 S3 Winners
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
53%
discussion

Quote from Yurii:
Rules: I agree shields should not be allowed in competitive play for the simple reasons of players abusing them. For example: Blitz having 5 flash charges on no cool down and any shield being able to line up head shots and quickly ADS'ing before the defender has a chance. If I was Ubisoft I wouldn't have given shields a weapon unless the shield was placed on their back.
Another major concern is shotguns. No one can deny they had a huge impact on the NA Xbox one Pro League finals. The short round time and gun skill of the current pros would be more exciting to watch if not worrying about shotguns downing / killing you in 1-2 shots down a hallway.

The weird thing about this is that the above comment was posted pre-patch and the rules were updated post-patch. Whether or not comments like those were the reason for adding that rule, I have no clue. My two cents on this issue is that rules like this, and a proposed no-shotgun rule is just going to choke the game's creativity to a point where every team is using the same operator lineup every single round. I don't think recruit shield is still a solid tactic anymore due to the speed nerf and shield ADS fix anyway.

In wake of things like this and the recent eGe scandal among other issues I'm not really sure if ESL is going in the right direction anymore, I really have no clue what they are doing, and frankly the only reason they are popular in R6 at the moment is because they were popular to begin with and there is no real suitable alternative in NA/EU AFAIK.
Downvote
10 months ago

Follow CG On:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 4 Days WIN an iPod Nano 16GB every Month! Congratulations frostqzz, our March Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
263 Votes