We just played our game for the evening.
We got thumped again. 5-1. Was fun.
What was not fun was:
* Having the other team say "GJ" whenever they killed one of us in all chat.
* Being asked what classes we are mid-round.
* Having the other team say "Nice trades everyone" when we were wiped and they didn't lose anyone.
* Having the opposition say "GG. Teamwork." after we lose the round.
* Being asked mid-game if we want to scrim after, and that we can play hostage because it's only one objective and it will be easier.
Beyond this, it would be nice if teams could get their teams in order.
* The captain played under a different name to that listed on the team sheet.
* One player who applied to join a week ago was only added today.
* One player only applied to join today and was added today.
None of this declared to us before the game nor were we asked it was okay.
And, stupidly, we didn't think it necessary to check eligibility of all players before we started.
This after they gave us early times on a Thursday then told us they weren't available on Thursday and only on Friday/Saturday, so we we made provisions to play today instead with one of our reserves.
We'll take the loss, because we played like crap. But a little bit of sportsmanship would go a long way, thanks.
10 months ago