Rep:
21%
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
74%
Post Likes: 1
Would you rate yourself as a professional in any other game you have played in the past? Have you featured in any international tournaments or represented a team where you have dominated the scene? Just curious to find out more about yourself as a player.

Speaking as a professional gamer myself, publicising yourself as your goal to be number 1 OW player in the world by putting vlogs like this up on a weekly basis would generate no interest or benefit to your end achievement.

If you want to be the best focus on yourself, don't try and get the community to notice you. If you perform in matches and tournaments you will get noticed without trying.

It's what you do in the dark that puts you in the light.

Good luck.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
49%
I've been playing Starcraft 2 competitively for 3 years. I've competed at the GrandMaster level and had some decent runs in WCS OCE/SEA. I've also won some LAN's. I've also played a lot of League, csgo and halo. I have never been a progamer before though. I'm confident that I have the work ethic and experience to be able to make it as one in Overwatch though.

I appreciate the advice but I think that doing a blog won't harm me. Not only that but I do enjoy it.

Thanks for the response!

Edited once, 12/5/16 - 4:35pm.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
75%
Perform well in tournaments, win a few LANs in Overwatch and be recognized as a top player and then do Vlogs, doing it before hand is literally cringe worthy.

I also don't see how any of your skills from SC2 or LoL would transfer over in the slightest other than "general gaming smarts" but that won't cut it unfortunately.

P.S: juzz, you weren't even voted the best AK in aus.xx ez
Downvote
1.3 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
49%
The whole point of this series is to record my experiences so that people can look back on it when/if I become successful.

Whether I succeed or not, this series will be up so that people can see the decisions I have made and make informed more informed decisions.

I'm glad that there are many that doubt me as I find that an effective motivator.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
66%
Hello Fullmetalbawie,

I was looking at your profile and came across your biography:

Quote from Someone:
BIOGRAPHY

Aspiring Pro-gamer. I've played Starcraft 2 at the Grandmaster level and a multitude of other competitive games at the highest level. I'm going all in on Overwatch.

I'm curious to know what other competitive games you have played at the highest level apart from SC2 ?

Cheers
Downvote
1.3 years ago
NZ
Rep:
70%
GL, just get full screen video recording lol. potato'd
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 1
Professional: engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.

Not a single user who continues to compete on this website is considered a professional gamer. Hell, even anyone in Australia who plays competitively couldn't even be considered as a "professional".

There is a reason why Voxe/Renegades left this country because they are considered professionals now with a paid salary and all.

Good luck with your Overwatch stuff. I agree with what most people have said though about posting these videos after you've achieved your goal. Otherwise it is cringey as fuck.

PS: Is this game even competitive? (serious question, I've seen multiple videos of "pro gamer(s)" already hacking in this game at those beta tournies. srs tho)
Downvote
1.3 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
49%
Quote from bonage on the 12th of May 2016:
Hello Fullmetalbawie,

I was looking at your profile and came across your biography:

Quote from Someone:
BIOGRAPHY

Aspiring Pro-gamer. I've played Starcraft 2 at the Grandmaster level and a multitude of other competitive games at the highest level. I'm going all in on Overwatch.

I'm curious to know what other competitive games you have played at the highest level apart from SC2 ?

Cheers

Apart from Starcraft 2 I played halo pub pretty high level. I'm also pretty good at chess. "highest level" is probably an exaggeration though, i'll change that in my profile.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
72%
halo pub pretty high level? pub competitive back then? lol?
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
53%
From talking to Surefour and talking to people who know Taimou, no one seems to really think they are cheating at the higher levels. Indeed, I'd say these players aren't even as suspicious as someone like flusha yet, so we're pretty far from saying these people are definitely cheating without AC detection.
Downvote
1.3 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Quote from navoj on the 12th of May 2016:
halo pub pretty high level? pub competitive back then? lol?

Does he mean ranked ? Wait did halo even have ranked ?

Don't want to be that guy but if you live in Australia/New Zealand you won't becoming a professional gamer just doesn't work here.
Downvote
1.3 years ago