Login:
? Sign Up!
Powered by GIGABYTE
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
73%
So now that we've all had a few days to play, what does everyone think the best competitive mode will be?

I personally think all three are good fun but the best of three capture point is probably the most competitive.
Downvote
11 months ago
Twitter: @Brucy_aus
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
63%
Well there is no specific eSport mode since its pretty much map based. And I'm pretty sure Blizzard are working on a specific mode for Ranked MM. As it stands though they are all pretty solid.
Downvote
11 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
73%
Quote from CryptiK. on the 7th of May 2016:
Well there is no specific eSport mode since its pretty much map based. And I'm pretty sure Blizzard are working on a specific mode for Ranked MM.

Was more so thinking along the lines of standalone competitions (ie; future CG leagues). Just seems strange to me that a BO1 could be potentially decided by a payload or control point, i would of thought there would be one standard game mode played and the maps for that veto'd down.

Looking forward to Blizz ranked though.
Downvote
11 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
63%
Quote from Brucy on the 7th of May 2016:
Well there is no specific eSport mode since its pretty much map based. And I'm pretty sure Blizzard are working on a specific mode for Ranked MM.

Was more so thinking along the lines of standalone competitions (ie; future CG leagues). Just seems strange to me that a BO1 could be potentially decided by a payload or control point, i would of thought there would be one standard game mode played and the maps for that veto'd down.

Yeah it wont work there are like 2 maybe 3 Capture point maps the rest are payload. And EU, and US use stopwatch for those.
Downvote
11 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
53%
Post Likes: 2
I hope there's a secondary community that picks this up instead of CG, otherwise it'll be dirty bomb 2.0 we need a dedicated site/team for just the game instead of admins that play multiple games.

But atm I doubt competitive is plausible, we'd need more maps for control point 5-6 to keep it fresh. I hope they have something up their sleeves, this game has huge potential.
Downvote
11 months ago
AU
using Chrome 49.0
Rep:
72%
do what overkill.gg are doing and u'll be set.
Downvote
11 months ago
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
69%
AU PC LoL Admin
I reckon the rules / modes for this tournament are the best you can get other than overkill and esl https://battlefy.com/x5-happyrage/anz-best-of-beta-2/570cccdb4937a77612e8f0f9/info

Basically it's a veto process to see what maps / modes will be played, it's the easiest to understand and use.
Downvote
11 months ago
Too Kawaii to Live | Too Sugoi to Die
Rep:
TBA

Why would the Aus scene need to be different to the rules blizzard make ?
Downvote
11 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
63%
Post Likes: 2
Quote from Darkey on the 7th of May 2016:

It shouldn't. It should be the exact same rule set. We make this mistake in our scene every time.
Downvote
11 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
73%

There are no Blizz rules (as of yet) as far as i'm aware?
Downvote
11 months ago
Rep:
TBA

No there isn't but when they come out (would say pretty soon after launch) I hope to god CG doesn't do what they have done in the past, and gone screw it lets buck the trend and make our own ruleset.
Downvote
11 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
53%

That's why I'm praying to god some external picks this up.
Downvote
11 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
73%

No there isn't but when they come out (would say pretty soon after launch) I hope to god CG doesn't do what they have done in the past, and gone screw it lets buck the trend and make our own ruleset.

I can't speak for other games in the past but CG CSGO has always followed the official ruleset, at least since I've been involved. Can't see why Overwatch would be any different.
Downvote
11 months ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
63%

I can't speak for other games in the past but CG CSGO has always followed the official ruleset, at least since I've been involved. Can't see why Overwatch would be any different.
Didn't CG CSGO run with a different map pool in comparison to the rest of the world for a long time.
Downvote
11 months ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 57.0
Rep:
73%

Didn't CG CSGO run with a different map pool in comparison to the rest of the world for a long time.

Not really, for a long time there was no standard map pool, orgs like ESEA / CEVO used maps xyz while EU comps used maps ABC.

When Valve came out with their official map pool we swapped straight away.
Downvote
11 months ago

Follow CG On:
Ongoing PC PUGs:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 2 Days WIN an iPod Nano 16GB every Month! Congratulations frostqzz, our March Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
360 Votes