Rep:
61%
PC Smite Admin
Post Likes: 1

SMITE OPL Predictions Week 2

Tainted Minds v Sin Gaming

Predicted result:
Click to view

A juicy match up to start off the week and it promises to be a good one. Both teams made their way into the OPL via the qualifying tournaments and both are exceeding expectations early in this split. Last week Tainted Minds took down powerhouse Dire Wolves 2 - 1 in a reverse sweep while Sin Gaming 2 - 0'd a Trident squad that is in the midst of an ongoing roster crisis. Though the standings show Sin to be on top of the leader board along with Team Pandamonium, their win against Trident was expected and frankly took too long.

The saving grace for Sin was that in both games they overcame early deficits to take the series so they definitely have the mentality of a team prepared for long games which I expect this series to be. Tainted Minds lost the first game against Dire Wolves but were able to use a combination of smart engagements and connection issues from Dire Wolves to take the next two games. That aside, Tainted Minds still looks to be the stronger roster heading into Week 2 and I expect them to take the series 2 - 0, but by a narrow margin and in long games. Can SIN prove me wrong and show that their Week 1 performance was just an indicator of things to come?

Avant Garde v Trident Esports

Predicted result:
Click to view

Avant Garde started the season in the wrong direction but look to get back on track this week against Trident. Messy picks and bans as well as an unwillingness to exploit the early game left Avant out-matched against Team Pandamonium. Learning from that experience, Avant should be able to take out Trident fairly convincingly.

Trident have yet to field a stable roster since the second week of qualifiers and that trend continues this week with the departure of both LloydInSpace and Desacrator for Elkeiro and Destonate (Elkeiro will be Solo, theBeasttt moving to mid). This instability, combined with servers being down 3 consecutive nights in a row has left little opportunity for Trident to form a cohesive unit. There were positive signs against Sin Gaming, with Trident able to win much of the early game and apply pressure and if they can continue that trend, they may be able to take a game from Avant Garde.

Team Pandamonium v Dire Wolves

Predicted result:
Click to view

The oldest continued rivalry in OCE SMITE rounds out Week 2 of the OPL with Team Pandamonium taking on the Dire Wolves. Dire Wolves, a squad many expected to dominate this split fell to Tainted Minds last week, and though many attribute that to Maxen playing at 400 ping for Game 2 and unable to play at all in Game 3, it did expose some weaknesses in the team. This, combined with the departure of Biggy as coach and the dominance Pandamonium displayed in Week 1 should give the victory to Pandamonium.

However, the skill and tenacity of DW should not be overlooked and if any series goes to 3 games this week I expect it to be this one. Dire Wolves showed they had the capacity to be a dominant team in Game 1 against Tainted Minds, and if they can recapture that form, this will be one of the best series this split.

Guys if you have any predictions please share them below! Also note that these are my personal predictions and should not be considered BM against any team, simply how I feel those teams have performed previously and will perform in the week at hand.

HughZ
Downvote
1.2 years ago
Alexander "HughZ" Hughes CyberGamer PC SMITE Admin
AU
using Chrome 56.0
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 1
Tainted 2 - 1 Sin
Avant 2 - 0 Trident
Panda 2 - 1 Wolves
Downvote
1.2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 50.0
Rep:
68%
Post Likes: 2
Definitely a rough start to the season for the guys but as stability and cohesion comes the lads will hit their stride.
Downvote
1.2 years ago

Follow CG On:
Ongoing PC PUGs:
View PCTodays Tournaments:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Tournament:
View All Featured Upcoming PC Matches:
Advertisement:
CyberGamer Premium Monthly Raffle 4 Days WIN an iPod Nano every Month! Congratulations Rorgh, our April Winner!
Advertisement:
How good at your best game are you?
One of the top 20 players
Top 1% of players
Top 2% of players
Top 5% of players
Top 10% of players
Top 20% of players
Top 50% of players
Bottom 50% of players
1182 Votes