Yes
53.8%
No
0%
Yes, but with 250 points per round instead of 300
46.2%
Total Votes: 13   Last vote: 3:05am 5/2/16
Poll closed: 1.5 years ago
Poll results are only viewable once you have voted, or once the poll finishes.

OP
AU
Rep:
71%
Post Likes: 1
Hey guys for those of you who don't really know me yet my name is Fuse. I've come from the battlefield series playing in CG as well as ESL and I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you over here in the COD series.

Since the Black Ops 3 ladder on PC was open to suggestion I've put my suggestion up on the main thread but I don't think it really got seen my many people at all. I have pushed this through to the admin and it wasn't knocked back as such, it was just replied to asking for some little more info about the suggestion.

So this thread is basically to give this suggestion more attention and for all of you to have your say about it and vote. Currently the ladder is a '1 Round' 300 point game on Hard Point. Would you guys prefer to see 2 Rounds of this with points accumulated at the end to create a total to deter-main the winner? The reason I'm suggesting this is that the ladder matches are just way to short and we could see teams maybe win against teams they have lost against in previous matches if they can communicate well enough to perfect and errors they had in round 1 and bring the game back in round 2 to win the overall Scrim/Match. Having 1 round that latest longer was also suggested but in my opinion 2 rounds would much better cater for the ladder.

Battlefield 4 ran the same type of thing in their 5v5 Domination ladder which has been very successful and was very popular internationally for a few years. This suggestion caters for casual and competitive teams. Have a read for yourself and feel free to comment your thoughts on this and don't forget to vote, I'll push this further with the admins again as a suggestion at a later date.

HAVE YOUR SAY!
ORIGINAL THREAD: http://au.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/q8643260

Quote from -Fuse on the 27th of January 2016:
I've played a few games and the rules are really nice. But, I think we should have 2 rounds instead of just 1. Under 10 minute games just go way to fast and in my opinion should be longer. What i'm suggesting is that we have 2 rounds, you get to play on each side starting (CDP and Black Ops spawn side) and the points accumulated per round are added up at the end for a final result to determine who is the winner and who is not.

For example if TEAM 1 wins against TEAM 2 with a score of 300-212 in the first round, then loses to TEAM 2 in the second round with the score being 190-300, TEAM 2 will win the overall game with a score of 512 with TEAM 1's score being 490.

In my opinion this is what I think could help this ladder, with the low amount of teams and only getting CG matches that last under 10 minutes, this will make it more enjoyable and gives teams a better chance in case they choke their first roll out and the other team just gets lucky points on them. This also gives it a more competitive feel in my opinion and will require teams to have more communication during the post mid-game to make sure they can fix any errors they may of had in round 1, so they can come back and potentially win the overall game in round 2.

Summary:
- Games are to short and that makes it un-enjoyable
- Two rounds instead of one would be much better for this ladder

Quote from Avengers on the 27th of January 2016:
^ not too bad an idea.
Quote from -Fuse on the 30th of January 2016:
Quote from pezz on the 30th of January 2016:
^ i agree with that to be honest
even if its bo3 bracket instead of bo1 would be so much better and determine skill so much

Not to sure on a best of 3 unless it was a win/loss type of game instead of getting points in rounds of hardpoint. I think 2 rounds of points with a total added up of those points after the 2 rounds is pretty good.
Quote from pezz on the 30th of January 2016:
yeah thats a smart idea should definatley give it a go
Downvote
1.6 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
71%
P.S
With the lack of teams on the ladder is can be hard to find pracs and having to play a cg match that goes for like 7-10 mins doesn't sound ideal when you don't get to get any other scrims in.
Downvote
1.6 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
So would the second round be on the same map ? In all honesty you're better off having a 2 map series and go via map count not total score
Downvote
1.6 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
71%
Quote from Darkey on the 1st of February 2016:
So would the second round be on the same map ? In all honesty you're better off having a 2 map series and go via map count not total score
same map, 2 rounds, 1 round on each side. A map count (veto system) would be more suited to a season final in my opinion. I also suggested to the admin about having a season final type of thing like what you suggested above.

Having 2 different maps instead of 2 rounds on 1 map wouldn't allow teams to fix errors in round 1 and maybe win in round 2 because they can work on mistakes better because it'll be a whole different map, and the whole point of this suggestion was to cater for that.

Edited twice, last edited 1/2/16 - 2:16pm.
Downvote
1.6 years ago
AU
Rep:
68%
Quote from -Fuse on the 1st of February 2016:
Having 2 different maps instead of 2 rounds on 1 map wouldn't allow teams to fix errors in round 1 and maybe win in round 2 because they can work on mistakes better because it'll be a whole different map, and the whole point of this suggestion was to cater for that.

Hardpoint is the gametype that is all about capitalizing on your opponents mistake, they rotated to early you can get free time in the hill, you rotated to late you get punished because you have crappy spawns and now they have free time in the hill.

Basically you want to be free in making those mistakes and having a second chance at getting the win that's about right isn't it ?
Downvote
1.6 years ago
OP
AU
Rep:
71%
Quote from Darkey on the 1st of February 2016:
Quote from -Fuse on the 1st of February 2016:

Hardpoint is the gametype that is all about capitalizing on your opponents mistake, they rotated to early you can get free time in the hill, you rotated to late you get punished because you have crappy spawns and now they have free time in the hill.

Basically you want to be free in making those mistakes and having a second chance at getting the win that's about right isn't it ?
as it is the games are way to short and not enjoyable, this will extend the round time and if a team is inconsistent but gets a lucky round they wont win the overall game

Edited once, 2/2/16 - 11:19am.
Downvote
1.6 years ago
NZ
Rep:
69%
Looking for 5s cg team to join add me up I can trial out . STRYKA276 . core obj player
Sent from my SM-G920I using CyberGamer mobile app
Downvote
1.5 years ago