Login:
? Sign Up!
Powered by GIGABYTE
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
25%

Announcing, for the first time, the Australian Amateur League where you, yes you, get to take part in one of 3 events from the 29th of June until the 3rd of July! The main event will consist of 16 amateur teams fighting it out in order to grab the title of being the first team to win the Australian Amateur League. The other 2 events will be something special indeed, 8 teams will fight it out in the arena and 4 teams will spam it out in battlefield as their opponents choose their heroes for them.

Are there Prizes?
We are hoping to get Valve to allow us to sell tickets for the league which would be the main income for the prizes. If there is prizes there will be 1st and 2nd Prizes and they will vary event to event.

Want to Participate?
The main event (Captains Mode) is only for people from 0k upto 4k MMR, smurfing is not permitted. The deathmatch and Reverse Captains WTF Mode is open for all players.
Registrations will end the 1st of May or when every team slot is filled! So please apply at the url below:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a2EOQ_2NSX1soG65AQUwq5okC8rkq_Bt5aDXWu7lFPQ/viewform

Will there be casters?
Yes there will be casters, Wraze and 4 amateur casters have agreed to cast for the League.

FAQ
Just some questions that has been asked:

What does it mean by 'Australian Team'?
Well the team has to be Australia based, so at least 3 out of the 5 members has to be from Australia and all the members in your team has to be in South East Asia.

I am just over the 4k mmr, but I want to play?
Well we will decide if your mmr is classified as a borderline mmr. If it is you'll be allowed to participate.

Contact Us
Comment below or contact me on Steam
or email us at: feracatulus@gmail.com

Check out the Reddit Post for more info!
http://www.reddit.com/r/OceanicDOTA/comments/308ol9/announcing_the_australian_amateur_league_get_rowdy/

Edited 6 times, last edited 30/4/15 - 6:08pm.
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 50.0
Rep:
50%
is this mmr composition okay?

1 player 3.5k
1 player 3.4k
1 player 4.06k
1 player 4k
1 player 4.3k

i want to register but feel bad telling the 1 guy he cant play. Thanks
Downvote
2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
25%
Quote from mangoheart on the 26th of March 2015:
is this mmr composition okay?

1 player 3.5k
1 player 3.4k
1 player 4.06k
1 player 4k
1 player 4.3k

i want to register but feel bad telling the 1 guy he cant play. Thanks
Tell him to lose a couple of games, only under 4k, sorry.
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
75%
Post Likes: 2
It really is annoying how much Amateur tournaments are hosted that have a cut off point of 4k, i swear they are more than 3/4's that are hosted for amateur if not more.

I get you want to get more people playing (thus more people buy tickets if valve supports it) but imo it really does hinder the scene. This "Hey if you start to improve you won't be allowed to play in any tournaments."
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 41.0
Rep:
46%
Quote from extacy on the 26th of March 2015:
more people buy tickets
what kind of sick fuck goes out and buys a ticket for a 3kmmr tourney? surely no1.
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 40.0
Rep:
24%
What about 4010 mmr?
Downvote
2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
25%
Quote from Memehemad on the 26th of March 2015:
What about 4010 mmr?
We won't be that strict you could dive back under in 1 match we'd let it pass.
Downvote
2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
25%
It really is annoying how much Amateur tournaments are hosted that have a cut off point of 4k, i swear they are more than 3/4's that are hosted for amateur if not more.

I get you want to get more people playing (thus more people buy tickets if valve supports it) but imo it really does hinder the scene. This "Hey if you start to improve you won't be allowed to play in any tournaments."
If your over 4k mmr then you can't be in the main event (captains mode) but you can participate in the Deathmatch and Reverse Captains WTF Mode... forgot to add that part thanks for reminding me.
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 45.0
Rep:
44%
Hey i'm 4136. and the rest of my team is under 4k, would i be allowed to register?
Downvote
2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
25%
Quote from Zinister on the 26th of March 2015:
Hey i'm 4136. and the rest of my team is under 4k, would i be allowed to register?
since the rest of your team is under 4k and ur still under 4.2k we will accept your teams registration.
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 50.0
Rep:
50%
Quote from Shockwave317 on the 26th of March 2015:
Quote from Zinister on the 26th of March 2015:
since the rest of your team is under 4k and ur still under 4.2k we will accept your teams registration.

sweet so if i tell my 4.3k guy to lose 100 mmr we will be ok too? much better than telling him to go lose 300 mmr lol
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
75%

If your over 4k mmr then you can't be in the main event (captains mode) but you can participate in the Deathmatch and Reverse Captains WTF Mode... forgot to add that part thanks for reminding me.

that's sort of what i'm trying to get at.
Downvote
2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
25%

that's sort of what i'm trying to get at.
yeah true, sorry maybe next time, if this time it goes well.
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 55.0
Rep:
75%
I highly doubt there will be a next time, no offence.
In my experience i have found these mini tournaments are added and once it gets under way the admin team struggle to keep up with the issues of 'rescheduling, disputes, teams not rocking up' etc etc Which is why CG leagues are soo few and far apart.
If you manage to stabilize all that and host another season good work to you mate i just find it highly unlikely as the return you will get out of it will never match the effort it took out of you to even run the comp for a few hours.
Downvote
2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
57%
Hi

Wanting to enter my team for the main event. We are newly formed and it is my personal opinion that we are still amateur considering our experience. Wondering if we qualify...

Team NNY

1 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047185848/
2 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089228252/
3 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123889782/
4 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055791678/
5 http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012028796/

Please consider us for entry! It would really be great.

Kind regards

Julian (Team Manager [hombre]) Bignell

Edited once, 22/4/15 - 1:03pm.
Downvote
1.9 years ago