using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%

The AEL Australian Amateur Cup

Teams: 30
Groups: 17th Jan - 30th Jan
Finals: 31st Jan - 1st Feb 2015
Mode: Captain's Mode
Tournament Format: Group Stage, 1st/2nd through to Double Elimination, Winner Bracket Bo3 and Loser Bracket Bo1.
Prize: Pride

General Rules:
AEL reserve the right to change, modify or amend rules as deemed appropriate by AEL admins in order to maintain the professionalism and sportsmanship of the event. Unsportsmanlike conduct, including: racist or abusive behaviour as well as efforts to circumvent or abuse any policy set by the AEL will not be tolerated and is subject to punishments deemed appropriate by the AEL admin team.

SMURFING is unacceptable and will not be tolerated throughout this tournament. The tournament is designed to actively engage and attract amateur teams to not only compete and show what they are made of, but also to have fun. SMURFING actively ruins the sportsmanship of the tournament as is not fair to any other teams competing, as such anyone caught doing so will be permanently banned from participating in any future tournaments run under the AEL.

Lobby Rules:
All lobbies are created by AEL admins in accordance to their relative start time. It may be requested by the teams/players involved for a match to be rescheduled only if circumstances allow it and there is valid reason to do so.

All teams are required to have their players ready in the lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled start time. Only official tournament players, casters and admins may enter the lobby.

There will be late penalties applied to a team that has one or more players missing passed the scheduled start time:
5-10: -30 seconds bonus time
10-15: -70 seconds bonus time
15-20: -110 seconds bonus time
>20: Match Forfeit
Teams that are participating in matches that go past their next scheduled time frame are exempt from late penalties.

Selection Priority for the group stages will be set to random, for those that make it into the main event, the first match will be set to random and any following matches selection priority goes to the opposing team. All teams that sit on the top of their match box will start on the Radiant side and teams underneath will start on the Dire side. An example is given here:

Teams are to comprise of the players that they signed up with. No other players will be accepted unless an admin is notified at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled match time. Players can be denied at the admin teams discretion. All teams are required to be appropriately tagged with their teams tag and any stand-ins are required to use the 'Stand-in' tag.Teams found to be violating any of the above will be punished as seen fit by the admin team.

Brackets:
Group Stage
Main Event

Schedule
Groups:
Group A
-Round 1: 11am 17th Jan
-Round 2: 12pm 17th Jan
-Round 3: 2pm 17th Jan
-Round 4: 3pm 17th Jan
-Round 5: 4pm 17th Jan

Group B
-Round 1: 11am 18th Jan
-Round 2: 12pm 18th Jan
-Round 3: 2pm 18th Jan
-Round 4: 3pm 18th Jan
-Round 5: 4pm 18th Jan

Group C
-Round 1: 8pm 19th Jan
-Round 2: 9pm 19th Jan
-Round 3: 8pm 20th Jan
-Round 4: 9pm 20th Jan
-Round 5: 8pm 21st Jan

Group D
-Round 1: 9pm 21st Jan
-Round 2: 8pm 22nd Jan
-Round 3: 9pm 22nd Jan
-Round 4: 8pm 23rd Jan
-Round 5: 9pm 23rd Jan

Group E
-Round 1: 8pm 26th Jan
-Round 2: 9pm 26th Jan
-Round 3: 8pm 27th Jan
-Round 4: 9pm 27th Jan
-Round 5: 8pm 28th Jan

Group F
-Round 1: 9pm 28th Jan
-Round 2: 8pm 29th Jan
-Round 3: 9pm 29th Jan
-Round 4: 8pm 30th Jan
-Round 5: 9pm 30th Jan

Once the group stages are completed the double elimination main event will start with the top 2 teams from each group advancing. The main event will be over the weekend of the 31st of Jan - 1st of Feb, shown below:

Main Event:
Winner Bracket
-Round 1: 10am 31st Jan
-Round 2: 1pm 31st Jan
-Round 3: 4pm 31st Jan
-Round 4: 7pm 31st Jan

Loser Bracket
-Round 1: Null Round
-Round 2: 10am 1st Feb
-Round 3: 11am 1st Feb
-Round 4: 12pm 1st Feb
-Round 5: 1pm 1st Feb
-Round 6: 4pm 1st Feb

Grand Final@Conclusion of LB Round 6 (approx. 7pm) on 1st Feb

As mentioned in the rules teams will be able to request a reschedule which will be allowed based upon the circumstances provided and the time-slots available. We have left the 24th and 25th of January free to give teams a break as well as leave time for any potential reschedules.

On match days at least one player (preferably captains) are required to join the AEL AAC in-game chat channel as shown here:

Passwords for all lobbies will be given out to teams on the dates of their matches in the chat channel.

All game results are to be posted on this thread with the following information: Teams competing, Screenshot.

Please take note of all the above information, as teams are required to know all rules and information about the tournament before competing.

Tournament Ticket

Admin Team
BL00DLocK
TheEntireSovietUnion
TyrantEX
Zuro

Official Casters:

Fortyenin - http://www.twitch.tv/fortyenin
Dotayoshi
Wraze
Fracture

Fight hard for the wins, but more importantly have fun and good luck to everyone!!

Edited 9 times, last edited 30/1/15 - 10:16pm.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 39.0
Rep:
24%
Will there be a stream?
Downvote
2.2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%
Quote from sawadarawr on the 11th of January 2015:
Will there be a stream?
I have edited the original post to include the casters stream link.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
69%
Are the times QLD time or?

Also my apologies we are signed up as Lyndon McBride, but our team name is "I'm the Wiz and Nobody Beats Me!" after seeing your post and us having to tag. Just letting you know, if you are able to change our name. Thankyou sorry for the hassle. We were going to change our team name but with the bother during the comp and changing etc, we will just keep the Wiz for this one.

Cheers!

Edited twice, last edited 11/1/15 - 12:01pm.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%
Quote from wckd vV on the 11th of January 2015:
Are the times QLD time or?

Also my apologies we are named Lyndon McBride but our team name in game is TheWiz! and I saw your post on team tags etc, so we will be tagging as the Wiz! Again sorry if you have to change it
I will change your name in the brackets. Also all times listed are in Sydney/Melbourne time.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
AU
using Safari 602.1
Rep:
69%
Ok Thankyou!
Downvote
2.2 years ago
NZ
using Chrome 40.0
Rep:
24%
Will the tournament be ticketed ingame?
Downvote
2.2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%
Quote from watch out on the 11th of January 2015:
Will the tournament be ticketed ingame?
Currently we are still waiting for a response from Valve as it does start in less than a week. Any votes here will be appreciated: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343437005
Downvote
2.2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 39.0
Rep:
24%
I see the groups are scheduled on different dates, I think personally, we'd like to get as many games as possible on the weekends. We're playing in group D. Is it OK to try and reschedule some of the games to play them earlier?
Downvote
2.2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%
Quote from CherryTheFuckUp on the 11th of January 2015:
I see the groups are scheduled on different dates, I think personally, we'd like to get as many games as possible on the weekends. We're playing in group D. Is it OK to try and reschedule some of the games to play them earlier?
As mentioned in the rules reschedules are allowed to be requested given the circumstances are deemed appropriate by admins, otherwise teams are expected to follow the schedule.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 40.0
Rep:
22%
still room for teams to join?
Downvote
2.2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%
Quote from ch0c0late1 on the 13th of January 2015:
still room for teams to join?
Send me a PM with your teams details, following the format of the signup thread here: http://au.cybergamer.com/forums/thread/556447/Australian-Amateur-Cup-AEL/
Downvote
2.2 years ago
AU
using Chrome 31.0
Rep:
23%
Where we look for format? like group stage?
Downvote
2.2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%
Quote from JimmySenpai on the 13th of January 2015:
Where we look for format? like group stage?
If you click on the link marked "Groupstage" under the Brackets section of the post it will take you to the groups page.
Downvote
2.2 years ago
OP
AU
using Chrome 51.0
Rep:
70%
Post Likes: 1
Some good news: I have just received an email from Valve confirming that the ingame ticket application has been accepted. So everyone will be broadcasted on DotATV
Downvote
2.2 years ago