Games
AU markoz
392 Posts
1 year ago
hey im in Silver I currently at 94lp. all throughout me playing ranked ive been getting about 20-29 LP per win but this changes whenever i get about 80+ LP in silver I. When i first got to around 80 lp i was getting 6 lp per match then went down to 4 lp per match and just recently i gained 2 lp per match when i won a game on 92lp. i know for a fact its not because ive played alot of games because i had around 80lp and was gaining small amounts than fell back down to around 50 and gained normal amounts again.

I was just curious is this to do with me about to breach into gold or something? has anyone else faced something similar? If i am going to gain 2 lp per game at this rate i would have to win 3 games without defeat just to reach 100lp at this point and then win a best of 5 not to mention the fact that this low gain started happening around 80lp+ so ive had to win a large amount of games in a row just to get to 94.

so yer anyone know the exact reasons for this or any experience with this? thanks
AU Kinori
10,937 Posts
1 year ago
duo with someone in a higher league if possible
think that gets you more lp
The city
AU markoz
392 Posts
1 year ago
Quote from Misawa on the 22nd of April 2013:
duo with someone in a higher league if possible
think that gets you more lp

have solo qued and duo'd alot with a gold IV mate of mine lp gains were the same
AU Condescend
201 Posts
1 year ago
I'm fairly sure it has been implemented on purpose by Riot. It is basically to just make you work really hard to get into the next tier. I believe once you get into Gold 5 that you will start getting your normal amount of points again.
AU markoz
392 Posts
1 year ago
Quote from Condescend on the 22nd of April 2013:
I'm fairly sure it has been implemented on purpose by Riot. It is basically to just make you work really hard to get into the next tier. I believe once you get into Gold 5 that you will start getting your normal amount of points again.

yer i believe so too as the problem only seems to be on that final stretch to gold from silver 1 80lp+.
so annoying tho lmao when i eventually do hit 100lp (if i do) i would srsly be fucking mad if i lost the promo series lol
AU markoz
392 Posts
1 year ago
also would be interesting to hear from someone who has experienced this and overcome it and got to gold
AU xerez~
566 Posts
1 year ago
Same thing happened to me when i went from bronze to silver. Only got 2+ once i hit 90LP. So yeah, not only you :3.
I don't wanna go to sleep because i know when i wake up, i'll be banned (c) Flay.
AU B
1,060 Posts
1 year ago
All my other divisions were different to the last division. Around 90 LP I'd start to only get +1 LP per game, eventually when I got promo I lost the series and dropped to something like 85 LP. I played 1 more game and got promo series again. I have no idea how it works.
AU fangz~
98 Posts
1 year ago
markozisshit
AU markoz
392 Posts
1 year ago
ok so on 94 lp and just played a game and lost 4 lp while only gaining 2lp b4

man this is bs lol
hardly any reward for win and punished harder for losing
AU Elmo :P
756 Posts
1 year ago
Just curious to how many points you lose per game. I've dropped from Silver 2 to 5 and in silver 2 on the way to silver 1 was gaining only 7 points and losing between 18 - 25 points.
756 Posts
1 year ago
Why do I sometimes earn fewer League Points per win when I'm close to reaching the next tier?

Since tier upgrades are permanent in the League System, you have to demonstrate you can maintain a higher level of play before the system will allow you to start a Promotion Series. In rare instances, this means that your LP earnings will be normalized until you meet this bar, so you may need to win a few more matches to trigger your Promotion Series. This is most likely to occur if you're closing in on a spot in the Challenger tier, since you have to outperform a current member of that tier to be promoted.

Quoted from Riot.
AU markoz
392 Posts
1 year ago
Quote from Elmo on the 23rd of April 2013:
Just curious to how many points you lose per game. I've dropped from Silver 2 to 5 and in silver 2 on the way to silver 1 was gaining only 7 points and losing between 18 - 25 points.

my losses differ in this 80+lp Silver 1 but the most recent i can remember was i won 2lp lost 4lp.

And as for your losing more than you win in Silver 2. That's not because your approaching the next division this low lp gain only happens when going from Silver to Gold etc. Your losing more than you gain because you probably have low MMR which is basically elo. To gain MMR you needa just win games, for example normally when not in this promo to Gold period i gain about 20-29lp and lose 10-18lp. Just lolking yourself to find out your elo/MMR. Last time i checked i was around 1490
AU markoz
392 Posts
1 year ago
Quote from Elmo on the 23rd of April 2013:
Why do I sometimes earn fewer League Points per win when I'm close to reaching the next tier?

Since tier upgrades are permanent in the League System, you have to demonstrate you can maintain a higher level of play before the system will allow you to start a Promotion Series. In rare instances, this means that your LP earnings will be normalized until you meet this bar, so you may need to win a few more matches to trigger your Promotion Series. This is most likely to occur if you're closing in on a spot in the Challenger tier, since you have to outperform a current member of that tier to be promoted.

Quoted from Riot.

yup only applies from going up tiers not divisions. So your losing more than you gain because you have low MMR. Im guessing you have more losses than wins? to achieve low enough MMR to lose more than gain?
756 Posts
1 year ago