Games

AU Intrepidd
70 Posts
1.6 years ago
(up-vote my post on the Reddit thread so the true meaning of this thread isn't misunderstood. http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/18qvi6/rleagueoflegends_australian_competitive_scene/c8h6ix3 )

Last year, on October 5th through to 7th there was a tournament held at EBEXPO. We were promised a $2,000 prize pool By Yons. The prize pool was apparently "promised" from a riot employee that has been laid off, But now we have confirmed riot never agreed to any form of cash prize.

So believing this prize pool 4 teams flew to Sydney to compete, without knowing the entire event was falsely advertized. This entire fiasco began when I messaged one of the EBEXPO organizers, asking about who do I have to get a hold of for prize money, he then referred me to Yons. Who simply responded to me "the guy at riot has been let go and they wont pay up."

Now with my new knowledge of "riot never had been informed or promised anything." I have taken this to an open forum where people should know what has happened and how teams have been lied to. I don't want this to become a hate thread i just want an explanation, and please keep the thread civilized please.

Edit 1)

Just declaring this has nothing about the scene, JUST the individual in question.

"I agree, the event was help and ran beautifully and smoothly, I personally only ask for an explanation over the whole "prize money" debacle. My aim isn't to try and devolve the scene. This is more holding people accountable for actions."

Edited 6 times, last edited 19/2/13 - 3:09pm.
http://www.facebook.com/ChiefsRowingClub Like for RP giveaways and Event updates.
Ouma Shu buried a post by Tame My Dragon. Show
1.6 years ago
Bump for awareness
@rustyLoL
AU NahMate`
512 Posts
1.6 years ago
maybe post this on reddit instead?
CYAA NERDSSS
Ouma Shu buried a post by rapture. Show
AU Atmosphere
4,766 Posts
1.6 years ago
wtf DD:
AU Vonangel
45 Posts
1.6 years ago
I only ask one thing, please don't put it down to "Australian LoL" being unorganized as a whole, I for one among many others I work with have been working really hard and petitioning on the community's behalf to stop things like this happening and to make professional gaming as viable as possible for the players. I legit spend every second on my spare time and cash working on this as I know others do. The actions of one individual or one org or whatever shouldn't put back against all the hard work and positive steps we have achieved. (Obviously I'm not condoning or anything)
AU Intrepidd
70 Posts
1.6 years ago
Quote from Vonangel on the 18th of February 2013:
I only ask one thing, please don't put it down to "Australian LoL" being unorganized as a whole, I for one among many others I work with have been working really hard and petitioning on the community's behalf to stop things like this happening and to make professional gaming as viable as possible for the players. I legit spend every second on my spare time and cash working on this as I know others do. The actions of one individual or one org or whatever shouldn't put back against all the hard work and positive steps we have achieved. (Obviously I'm not condoning or anything)

I agree, the event was help and ran beautifully and smoothly, I personally only ask for an explanation over the whole "prize money" debacle. My aim isn't to try and devolve the scene. This is more holding people accountable for actions.
http://www.facebook.com/ChiefsRowingClub Like for RP giveaways and Event updates.
AU Vonangel
45 Posts
1.6 years ago
This is a great response and I fully concur and support this attitude!
Ouma Shu buried a post by Astrus. Show
Ouma Shu buried a post by ShoTzz. Show
Ouma Shu buried a post by Zerg. Show
Ouma Shu buried a post by Tame My Dragon. Show
AU phntem
Referee
5,628 Posts
1.6 years ago
Interesting, can't comment, I don't know enough but it's interesting, posting for subscription to thread :>