Games
AU Muggie
PC CS:GO Admin
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago

Hey guys,

With the recent Noxious Gaming DOTA2 team dying we will be hosting our very first DOTA2 Competition! What does this mean? Well simply put we will running a competition for two main reasons:

To support the DOTA2 community in its growth

To further support the community by offering a team a spot in the Noxious organisation

The competition will consist of a minimum 16 (maximum 32) teams run in a round robin tournament with a single elimination finals. The competition will have a small registration fee and a prize pool.

Example of the competition format:

http://challonge.com/noxiousgroupa

http://challonge.com/noxiousgroupb

http://challonge.com/Noxiousfinals

TIME AND DATE:

Date: Sunday the 3rd of March, 2013
Time: 11am AEDT start
Length of matches: Matches will be scheduled to be completed within a one hour time frame
Format: Round Robin, Single elimination finals, Best of three grand finals

If you wish to register please head over to the Noxious website or following the link provided: http://www.noxious-gaming.net.au/forum/30/121

An account by the captain will be required to complete registation.
Registrations will close 25th of February at 9pm.

PAYMENTS:

ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED THIS IS A FREE TO PLAY COMPETITION

PRIZE POOL:

Note: subject to change

1st - $150
2nd - $50

COMPETITION UPDATES:

The competition rules can be found here (Thank you CG!): http://www.noxious-gaming.net.au/forum/30/122

Follow us on Facebook for the latest news on Noxious: http://www.facebook.com/Noxiousaustralia

Unsatisified with this competition? Contact me here on CG and I will do my best to make alterations to make it as enjoyable as possible.

Edited 4 times, last edited 16/2/13 - 2:15pm.
Muggie
AU Tolerance
24 Posts
1.4 years ago
With CM modes, I think it takes more than 1 hour for the game. Since draft time already takes up to 15 minutes.
And is it starting at 11AM AEDT?

Edited once, 14/2/13 - 7:35pm.
AU suppressed~
1,971 Posts
1.4 years ago
Maybe just run a double elim tourny? I think this might take too long especially if you have 32 teams in it
i am number 1 league of ledgeeeend playea
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
Quote from Tolerance on the 14th of February 2013:
With CM modes, I think it takes more than 1 hour for the game. Since draft time already takes up to 15 minutes.
And is it starting at 11AM AEDT?

Hmm, I am not really sure, I mean I can just limit it to 16 teams then it won't take as long. We shall see on the interest. I could even extend it to two groups of 16 (if we get 32 teams) and run the finals on another week.

edit: Yes 11am AEDT (from previous experience the competition will finish around 7pm for the final two teams). A schedule will be released in the coming days.

Quote from suppressed:
Maybe just run a double elim tourny? I think this might take too long especially if you have 32 teams in it

Well unfortunately my knowledge on game lengths is restricted to public games for DOTA2, as my main game was CSS an hour was long enough especially if played on time. I might make it 1 and a half hours per game. As for the format, double elimination creates massive breaks for the winning team and they are unsure on when to come back generally and the loser bracket gets tedious as its multiple games in succession, i tried to avoid running it this way.

Cheers for the feedback so far.
Muggie
AU ex'
39 Posts
1.4 years ago
Good to see u still being the top community member even though CSS is not longer active, ill try get our 5th ready
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
Hey guys,

After discussing it with some of the other noxious management we have decided to make this a Free to play competition. This means that no entry fees are required.

We have also decided to put up $200 (subject to change) as the prize money.
Muggie
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
11 teams have signed up so far. A minimum of 16 would be good, keen up for some dota2
Muggie
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
16 teams have signed up which is good. Registration is still open till the 25th. REMINDER: Please make sure your registrations are completed correctly!

If you need help verifying how this is done correctly please message me here on CyberGamer. A players steam page is ACCEPTABLE this time around, a steamID would be preferred though. If you need help trying to find out your steamID please message me as well.
Muggie
SG RG l Elo
30 Posts
1.4 years ago
Just a question, how long will this tournament run for?
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
A schedule with estimated times will be released with groupings, passwords for matches and stream availability on the 26th once registrations close.
Muggie
SG RG l Elo
30 Posts
1.4 years ago
So how many times will a team have to play on the 3rd
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
That will vary on how well the team goes on the day. A minimum of 3 matches will occur though per team.
Muggie
SG RG l Elo
30 Posts
1.4 years ago
Awesome, thanks for the reply, will sign up tomorrow.
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
Hey guys,

Registrations for this competition will close tomorrow at 7pm, so any last teams wanting to enter will need to do it by this date.

Again I remind people to fix their registration posts if they are missing steamIDs.
Muggie
AU Muggie
2,024 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

1.4 years ago
Hey guys, registration period has finished. However, some teams still do not have 5 on their roster. Please make sure to fix that. You have until the 1st of March to make sure you have 5 players or you will be removed from the competition.

Note: Teams in italics need to fix their rosters.

Tesla: Azure - 5th added
Ascension eSports
RILIMIN
Kiss me Katut
iCy
TSG
Duds United
Adamant
Team InVidious - steamIDs needed/steam pages are acceptable.
aQuarium
Yellow Solo Mid
Aer0 Gaming
Illusion Whackers
hot gay studs - 5 players required
Instinct` - 5 players required

AkmA
Arbitrage
Forthekickz
Straya
[H] Fireborn Odachi [W] FRIENDS
Insane Gaming
TND

Groups will be released later on in the week and emails will be sent to all team captains.

Edited twice, last edited 28/2/13 - 12:58am.
Muggie