Games
AU Aelarin
5,411 Posts
2.6 years ago
What are some good and popular zerg builds? Even just a basic foundation, this will be my first time playing zerg and I'm only top 8 bronze for terran ( got the game like a month or so ago but haven't played ). More interested into zerg so if someone would like to help

cheers
AU TheWorldEndsWithYou
848 Posts
2.6 years ago
Literally thousands of websites regarding BO's for each race.

TL (TeamLiquid) has lot's, as well as loads of discussion regarding builds. You can also head to Liquipeida or sc2sea.com, CG doesn't really have an active SC2 forum so far as i'm aware.

www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=284255

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Zerg_Strategy

www.sc2sea.com/
| Steam |
AU Aelarin
5,411 Posts
2.6 years ago
Watched a strategy video, and he called it the 14 /14

with gas/ spawning pool. But I can find a build order of it :\\
AU TheWorldEndsWithYou
848 Posts
2.6 years ago
| Steam |
AU Aelarin
5,411 Posts
2.6 years ago
What league you in?
AU Sharpy!
1,713 Posts
2.6 years ago
14 hatch
14 pool

wanna rush roaches and get early pressure about 8 - 11 mins should taken 3rd and on the way for 4th expo.
AU Aelarin
5,411 Posts
2.6 years ago
yeah im in bronze.

I'm just learning zerg and all the hotkeys first :S
AU N'aix
3,444 Posts
2.6 years ago
sigh sqizM u nub
follow me on twitter here ??_???GIVE LEORIC
AU Crayola
SC2 Admin
DotA 2 Admin
1,909 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

2.6 years ago
Don't look at some old guides. The Zerg meta has changed over the past couple months. Take a look at some VoDs and streams and just take note of what the player is doing. Also, it's better to learn a build order/macro > hotkeys > micro-management since you are new. It will be a lot to take in.
Quote from Sharpy! on the 18th of May 2012:
14 hatch
14 pool
It's better going on 15 for hatch first, 14 for pool first.
AU Sharpy!
1,713 Posts
2.6 years ago
oh a bronze zerg.
just focus on getting an expansion and keep consistent queen injections on your hatches, avoid 6 pooling or all ins to help you get used to applying early pressure but providing consistent re-enforcements.
so you macro you base, expand , build an army attack either their wall off or their expansion retreat before losing your units but not so far they're basically at your base, constantly build more units and once you feel comfortable or even trial and error just keep forcing pressure on them and don't forget to tech up.

easy wins can be from fast muta rush but leaves you open in ZvZ for mass speedlings / baneling attacks.
or i'll find the build tomorrow. i was a plat protoss player, changed to zerg ended up in silver i'm now top 8 platnium after using the build and adjusting it to my style. same could happen for you.
but in bronze it's not a whole lot of meta game you end up with early - mid game rarely does it ever make it to a medium - end game bronze is cheesy and all in. once you get you're base macro down and a consistent supply of units you'll end up gold then the game changes and becomes really interesting. after gold league it's when it becomes fun and mistakes are costly.
AU Mila Kunis
2,620 Posts
2.6 years ago
Vs terrans
15 hatch 15 pool then fast gas and roach expand.

vs toss
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Pool_First,_Double_Expand_(ZvP)

vs zerg,
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Openings_(vs._Zerg)
heaps of help there.
i use this build alot aswell.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/1_Base_Tech_with_Roaches_(vs._Zerg)

try not to cheese, Doesnt help your skill.

keep the queens going it helps so much in fights etc, make sure of your hotkey positioning etc.
Eat clean, Train hard, @Enig_maa LoL name is : EniqmahCG
AU Aelarin
5,411 Posts
2.6 years ago
What do you hotkey?
AU C0RTEX
2 Posts
2.6 years ago
In Diamond/Master zone everyone 3hatch 1gas.
Its really annoying.
AU Crayola
SC2 Admin
DotA 2 Admin
1,909 Posts

Enabling today.
Inspiring tomorrow.

2.6 years ago
Quote from sqizM on the 19th of May 2012:
What do you hotkey?
I'll throw up a quick hotkey pic from a rep of mine, granted, hotkeys are all personal preference for everyone so just learn the basics of remembering to hotkey, then start playing around with where you want them all to be!
AU Aelarin
5,411 Posts
2.6 years ago
think im going to make the shortcut to each base tab, so fucking annoying having to press backspace,

i have my hatcher on 5 , and i just hotkey all my expansions etc on 5.

my army / support on 1/2