13%
Astro a40
73.9%
Triton AX 720
13%
Total Votes: 23   Last vote: 5:03pm 12/5/12
Votes are not changeable once submitted
Poll closed: 2.4 years ago
Only users who have been registered for over 6 months can vote.

AU batousai82
127 Posts
2.5 years ago
had all the headsets your talking about, would still be using my astros if my dog didnt eat the headset O.o
that said, with the turtle beaches, if you have a lot of wireless shit around the transmitter you will get a lot of "popping" in the headset, pisses my off to no extent. still have my astro mixamp, so gonna try the ad700 with them. hope this was half useful for you
AU Teazeh
1,019 Posts
2.5 years ago
the tritons are $160 online
That is so much swag I want to kill myself for not having that much swag.
2.5 years ago
ax pro for $150-200 online.

Astro for 320 (?) online.

Astro mixamp with AD700 is still easily one of the best combos going round from what i hear...

And PX5 is bad because the settings on them are retarded, Tritton and Astro are about 1000000x better bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
YOU THINK THIS IS A FUKEN GAME!?!?!?!?!?
AU TYBZ
1,354 Posts
2.5 years ago
Listen to bato he is #1 sound whore au !
'clubbin hard, fuckin woman ain't much to do'
AU khooie.
1,729 Posts
2.5 years ago
I've got tritton axpros and I love them, if i had the coin i'd go with the AD700's and the astro mixamp.
AU Travalord
PS COD PUG Admin
PS General Mod
1,296 Posts
2.5 years ago
The Razer Tiamat is a 7.1 Gaming headset. Its says its only for PC I believe, ill give u the link, but I cant give u any advice wether it is good or not.

http://au.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-tiamat-7-1

BOL
2.5 years ago
What's the hype with 7.1 headsets? Most games only play at 5.1 don't they? lel.
YOU THINK THIS IS A FUKEN GAME!?!?!?!?!?
AU no name9988
140 Posts
2.5 years ago
Ad700's with a Zalman clip on mic through the mixamp is your best option
AU x_DARK
234 Posts
2.5 years ago
Quote from bogg808 on the 24th of April 2012:
Ad700's with a Zalman clip on mic through the mixamp is your best option
that sounds sic.
But why get zalman mic?
AU no name9988
140 Posts
2.5 years ago
Because the AD700's are headphones i.e. they don't have an in-built microphone. With the mixamp you'll get a Y splitter cable so you can plug in a PC headset or a separate set of cans and mics.

If you want a headset to go with the mixamp (apart from a40's) you could try the Sennheiser PC350's (closed, better for LAN) or PC360's (open, better sound quality (supposedly) leaks a bit of noise too). Both of these are fairly expensive though but you get what you pay for.
AU Devan
1,134 Posts
2.5 years ago
If Trittons can survive a fat stoner jumping on them they can survive anything
I fucked slayer
AU MRspoon
155 Posts
2.5 years ago
Triton ax720 s are 250$ from jbhifi and ax pros are 300 the ones you buy online I'm pritty sure you need to buy a power converter aswell
AU TYBZ
1,354 Posts
2.5 years ago
Axpros from amazon are 180 with free postage iirc

and yeh need 2 power converters but i just found the cords i need around home like my phone charger and the scanner charger lol.
'clubbin hard, fuckin woman ain't much to do'
AU x_DARK
234 Posts
2.5 years ago
ive tried amazon a few times and it seems that any type of electronics wont shop to my address it says something on the lines of:

We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order.

No matter what the item is....
AU no name9988
140 Posts
2.5 years ago
I had that problem when I was trying to get the Sennheiser PC350/PC360's. It's because they won't allow any electronics to be shipped out of the country (via amazon).

You'll need to either hunt through ebay or use one of those middle-man businesses. (Basically ships to a US address which can ship to you)