Games
AU enRAY/cheatƦAY
348 Posts
2.3 years ago
Hey guys need some help with ao on nvidia settings.
I was attempting to do an editing effect where the smoke flashes see through using ao., However its now stuck on performance setting. I managed to get it off the Quality setting so there is no advantage through smoke however it still makes my fps unstable. I have tried turning it on and off numerous times, uninstalling and reinstalling driver. Any ideas??? Cheers.

Card- gtx580 rog overclocked
I pay to get gud at vidgames.
AU Dealzz
PREMIUM USER
6,843 Posts
2.3 years ago
just hit default settings?

byt going manage 3d settings and hitting restore
[22:33] #resistaNce.Boomer: they know i dont cheat they just wanted a excuse to bann me before the season
AU enRAY/cheatƦAY
348 Posts
2.3 years ago
It says its off on the settings, but i can tell its not.
Tried that allready :/
AU Dealzz
PREMIUM USER
6,843 Posts
2.3 years ago
did you set it program specific?
[22:33] #resistaNce.Boomer: they know i dont cheat they just wanted a excuse to bann me before the season
AU enRAY/cheatƦAY
348 Posts
2.3 years ago
Yes its set to iw3mp.
AU Dealzz
PREMIUM USER
6,843 Posts
2.3 years ago
check the program settings and global settings, it it fails hit restore on both?
AU Curley
2,216 Posts
2.3 years ago
3D Settings > Adjust image setting with preview > Use the advanced 3D image settings

3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Ambient Occlusion > Off

3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Your Game > Ambient Occlusion > Off
AU enRAY/cheatƦAY
348 Posts
2.3 years ago
Done same result.
Before i messed with ao i was able to get 250 soid in smoke so keep that in mind when you look at this picture.
Notice the smoke is semi see through , from a distance i cant see through it up close it is easy. so its on the performance setting whilst displaying off.
AU RiCKOS
716 Posts
2.3 years ago
Talk to kanne he knows
Avant Website | xfire: sizzle6 | Avant Facebook
AU enRAY/cheatƦAY
348 Posts
2.3 years ago
It matches as you said curley , no change :c
AU Curley
2,216 Posts
2.3 years ago
Just a heads up, using Ambient Occlusion while playing games such as CoD4 is considered cheating.

What's your current graphics driver?

If we're running the same we could give ago at; me exporting my current settings and you loading them up.

Or, you could have ago at updating to the latest version (if you haven't) and select a "Clean Install" to reset your settings back to default.
AU es
1,587 Posts
2.3 years ago
Quote from RiCKOS on the 13th of April 2012:
Talk to kanne he knows

Haha.

if you uninstall all gfx drivers/etc and then re-install them would that fix it ( bit of a fuck around )
AU simmo.
2,422 Posts
2.3 years ago
Quote from Forever_Curley on the 13th of April 2012:
Just a heads up, using Ambient Occlusion while playing games such as CoD4 is considered cheating.

Why do you think he's asking for help.
fuck the community (c) toxin | JonTargaryen#2013
AU enRAY/cheatƦAY
348 Posts
2.3 years ago
I know that ambient occlusion is considered an unfair advantage and i do not use it whilst playing online. It was simply for an editing effect however now its stuck. Ill reinstall driver again making sure to check clean install. Cheers.
AU enRAY/cheatƦAY
348 Posts
2.3 years ago
Reinstalled checking clean install seems to have fixed the problem. Cheers all.
"And on the 7th day god created siql" hahah