Games
AU Anzak
7,065 Posts
2.5 years ago
Hey guys,

I am having trouble with my Minecraft launcher. About a month ago every time I open Minecraft, it takes a while to open and if it does it freezes the program and slows the computer down a bit and takes ages to close.If it doesn't open it will still slow computer down then about 5minutes later a Java icon will appear on the task bar, you can't open it but if you scroll over it it says "Minecraft Launcher" but it does nothing.

I had got it working slightly but using a different version of launcher and it starts up fine with that but I want to use texture packs now and that launcher doesn't like that and now it fails to load.

I have reinstalled Minecraft (Deleted .minecraft and redownloaded .exe) updated Java twice and tried to use other launchers but now it opens up to a black screen, slows everything down and yeah ...

I am thinking of restoring my laptop to factory settings if I can't find a solution so If anyone could help that would be great. Also if anyone could tell me 'how' to restore my laptop that would also be awesome

Thankyou
Dost thou even hoist?
AU kabe
1,635 Posts
2.5 years ago
Pc specs?
Have you downloaded the LATEST java updates? Direct x 9.0c etc?
If you have redownloaded minecraft and java and all that, then it sways more to the side of hardware, do you have any firewalls etc blocking minecraft?
If it black screens, my mate had that, and it turns out his shitty school laptop couldnt run it, get back to me :).
AU Anzak
7,065 Posts
2.5 years ago
I have been playing since Alpha and never had a problem running it.

CPU: i7 - 720QM
VGA: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730; VPAM: 1GB
RAM: 4GB
HDD: 640GB
Dost thou even hoist?
AU kabe
1,635 Posts
2.5 years ago
Quote from ANZAK on the 22nd of February 2012:
SPOILER: Click to view

Check firewalls etc..
Do you have problems running other games? fps drop ,things like that.
If not, it mighten be hardware failure, try and update gfx cards , sound card etc.
You may even have a virus.. if you have a virus scan, and to restore your laptop, i have no idea, www.google.com
AU Lychees
2,809 Posts
2.5 years ago
It does the same for me, but it only effects the launcher. Not my PC
joshtorrisi.com // twitter.com/jstorrisi // instagram.com/joshtorrisi
AU Genesis_exe
512 Posts
2.5 years ago
64 or 32 bit OS/Java?
AU Anzak
7,065 Posts
2.5 years ago
64bit
Dost thou even hoist?
AU Anzak
7,065 Posts
2.5 years ago

Kinda what the launcher looks like when it freezes. ^
Dost thou even hoist?
0 Posts
2.5 years ago
Completely uninstall java, minecraft and direct x. restart PC then redownload all of the latest versions. Try that. if not, try updating gfx card drivers.

if no luck, i guess try reformatting (make sure you back up everything you need to an external hard drive. i.e documents, pics, movies, music. programs you cant backup, youll have to reinstall)

gl buddy
Community Vote removed a post by MilkyKitteh.