AU G4DGET
236 Posts
4.6 years ago
I think they should bring it to AUS so we can at least prove were worthy lol but i highly doubt it.
GO GO GADGET. GT XxG4DGETxX
AU Lewshiz
1,191 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from UncleGadjet on the 3rd of February 2012:
I think they should bring it to AUS so we can at least prove were worthy lol but i highly doubt it.
I doubt that will ever happen.
NZ Midnite
1,176 Posts
4.6 years ago

What do you mean? Have an AU Hypefestation event? Would this mean having the US teams coming here? Or would it be just AU teams competing?
AU G4DGET
236 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from Midnite on the 3rd of February 2012:

What do you mean? Have an AU Hypefestation event? Would this mean having the US teams coming here? Or would it be just AU teams competing?
Have the us team come here probably alot cheaper for them plus they got sponsor's im guessing. but it would most likely mean they would slaughter us completely
NZ Midnite
1,176 Posts
4.6 years ago
As much as the idea is great it won't happen. Most of the players over there are the same age group as us. Sure there are sponsors over there but that is for domestic travel.

A flight from Chicago to New York return is around $150. A sponsor would end up paying a little over $1000 for all players to get to the event, accommodation and entry fees. For someone to come from New York it'd be looking around $1500-2000 for flights + accommodation etc.

It would quickly add up and there would be little benefit for a US sponsor to have their team promote their product over here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE the idea of going to the US or having them come here BUT in the short term I think it isn't the best idea.

If we focus on growing our community (AU/NZ) without thinking about travelling to the states we could be in a position where sending a team to Hype/MLG is a feasible option mid next year.

I'm sorry if this comes off as being super negative, its purely my opinion on the matter.

I'm concerned we are rushing into too many things at the moment and I don't want to over saturate our community with events. As it stands we went from having CG (a month ago) to having 2 'major' online events and at least 2 LAN events in the pipeline. I fear anything more than that will have a detrimental effect over a positive one.
AU G4DGET
236 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from Midnite on the 3rd of February 2012:
As much as the idea is great it won't happen. Most of the players over there are the same age group as us. Sure there are sponsors over there but that is for domestic travel.

A flight from Chicago to New York return is around $150. A sponsor would end up paying a little over $1000 for all players to get to the event, accommodation and entry fees. For someone to come from New York it'd be looking around $1500-2000 for flights + accommodation etc.

It would quickly add up and there would be little benefit for a US sponsor to have their team promote their product over here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE the idea of going to the US or having them come here BUT in the short term I think it isn't the best idea.

If we focus on growing our community (AU/NZ) without thinking about travelling to the states we could be in a position where sending a team to Hype/MLG is a feasible option mid next year.

I'm sorry if this comes off as being super negative, its purely my opinion on the matter.

I'm concerned we are rushing into too many things at the moment and I don't want to over saturate our community with events. As it stands we went from having CG (a month ago) to having 2 'major' online events and at least 2 LAN events in the pipeline. I fear anything more than that will have a detrimental effect over a positive one.

^^^^^this guy^^^^^ knows his shit lol...totally agree.
AU Bev
1,051 Posts
4.6 years ago
I think we should turn away from the Hype idea for now, at least until our AU community reaches its full potential. And considering ACL is only 1 week away it'd be great if teams can focus their full attention on the tournament.
AU II Hayabusa
734 Posts
4.6 years ago
I would be willing to go to a LAN oversea's, and I have the money to cover it, but at the moment I wouldn't think anyone in BBR would be able to go, plus no teams are practiced enough to compete against american teams.

SUPER TEAM UNITE!

Me, Moe, James Welly and Kuhnie?!?!?
AU Roguey Zz
1,297 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from II Hayabusa on the 3rd of February 2012:
I have the money to cover it
Australia Post, We'll look after you
I play hide and seek by myself
AU II Hayabusa
734 Posts
4.6 years ago
Quote from Roguey Zz on the 3rd of February 2012:
Quote from II Hayabusa on the 3rd of February 2012:
I have the money to cover it
Australia Post, We'll look after you

Local Government, We're on your side.

2G.
AU Myksta
5,760 Posts
4.6 years ago
Okay thanks everybody for your opinions, really appreciate it. I will pass on organising anything about a spot for Hype for a while until the community agrees it is time.

Thanks.