Games
AU Stoned CROW
2,661 Posts
2.8 years ago
The Venus Project

to get you guys and girls thinking, here is something I wrote about an idea that has really grabbed my attention in the past few months. if you have read this thread http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/p5469868#5469868 it will make thistopic a little clearer. as I consider this the solution to said problem. this is actually just a brief summary despite the length. I have much more to say on the matter if anyone has any questions at all

Introduction

Read more...

How will it actually work?

Global resource management system

Global products center

Conclusion

Edited 3 times, last edited 29/1/12 - 7:37pm.
Check out my band here guys! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jl2z78F7Y0
AU Taim
2,429 Posts
2.8 years ago
Ive been supporting the Zeitgeist Movement and The Venus Project since day one pretty much,
AU Ari Gold
1,178 Posts
2.8 years ago
Only thing I agree with is getting rid of Religion.

I could care less about the rest and I believe their should be borders!

people deserve to be rewarded for doing jobs that either others won't do or take more time and training to be able to do. their needs to be currency!
Sexy Q
AU Stoned CROW
2,661 Posts
2.8 years ago
Quote from G3 AUSSIE BBQ on the 3rd of January 2012:
Only thing I agree with is getting rid of Religion.

I could care less about the rest and I believe their should be borders!

people deserve to be rewarded for doing jobs that either others won't do or take more time and training to be able to do. their needs to be currency!

like I said, the only jobs people will need to do, will be jobs people do regardless, the jobs people do because they find enjoyment in it. inventors, musicians, artists, scientists, doctors, writers, athletes. the reward for these people is what they acheive by doing these jobs, not money.

Edited once, 3/1/12 - 7:02pm.
AU Pilgrim.
90 Posts
2.8 years ago
you have a really great insight into this dude, I myself am passionate about it to. you did a really good job of summarising it.

should have touched base on how intelligently the cities would be build and what not. for maximum sustainability.
AU Taim
2,429 Posts
2.8 years ago
Dude, religion and ignorant idiots who started religion and all that shit have already fucked up the world enough, ontop of the worlds economy system and the US's horrible government and continued lying to not only their own people but the world hasn't helped either.

VP and ZM all day, only way to save this world from it's problems.
AU Faantasia
2,155 Posts
2.8 years ago
thanks for the insight and clarification crow... i no longer see it as a communistic kinda approach etc after reading what you wrote... it is actually extremely different to communism... i guess though as you said science has no ego... and the only people who dont want to let go of their "ego" are the ones that are massively benefiting from it. This is unfortunately a capitalistic world and money does talk. It is a shame though as a concept of freedom, complete equality and the lack of worries as if you were a child actually sounds amazing. lol.

As for bbq's thing about religion... religion in general should not be wiped out... all religions teach love not war... its just the extreme fuckwits that ruin it. i guess with a more equal world, the extreme fuckwits will chill out in the realisation that noone is better than the other, everyone deserves the same to live the same to be treat the same. and because there's no money there's no war just about.... and if there are no borders, there would be no war either as there'd be no fight over land etc

And why want to be monetarily rewarded for what you do.... if you live a comfortable life that you have everything you need in, why would you want any more... and if money has no value, then it is useless.

Like I said before, the only way I could see this working is if the capitalist "fat cats" executives and people making the money.. if their egos were changed... as generally rich people are only rich as they are smart with money. they wouldnt want to do something or enter into something if it did not benefit them. Humanity is selfish like that.

I guess in a round about way to sum up what I am trying to say (as u can probs see writing isnt my strong point lol) This even though a great concept would never happen as those in power would not benefit from it.... if there was seen to be a benefit for everyone, not just poor/middleclass etc then there would be more chance of it happening. The people with the money at the end of the day do live the sustainable life with limited work they have to do and all the technology they want at their fingertips... I guess they dont give a shit if the rest of the world doesnt have it. So overall selfishness from 5% of the world is making 95% of the world suffer.

Cheers for the read crow much appreciated. Again you can correct me if I'm wrong in anything I say
"I inspire the dreams that guide you" A&B <3
AU budge
5,545 Posts
2.8 years ago
only 3 percent will have to work? you cant possibly think that is possible.
#witness
AU Faantasia
2,155 Posts
2.8 years ago
Quote from budqe_ on the 4th of January 2012:

but it would be in the advancement of technology. I guess if there's no such thing as money, noone would need to work but besides to create new technology, art, music etc etc and those things wouldnt be work as such but passion. Most jobs we do now could be replaced by a machine/ wiped out... I know mine certainly could.

Just a question though for Crow or anyone else who knows.... How well researched is this concept? And would it actually work with what resources we have vs the number of population as per the research conducted?

Also as far as world development goes, would living this concept actually make the worlds IQ less? As if people dont need to do anything then I guess they would become dumber and dumber... with mental stimulation and learning compulsory I guess in our capitalistic society in order to get a job etc, would this diminish therefore the smarts n knowledge levels decrease? (Idk if that makes sense) lol but hopefully you know what I mean
"I inspire the dreams that guide you" A&B <3
AU xVenom
46 Posts
2.8 years ago
bro I am completely behind this, it is a great idea, the only problem is, in the world we live in, almost NONE of the governments would agree to this. like you said change is the hardest part, but mate if you are really passionate about this try and get your idea out there to as many people as possible, i for one will be posting it around a few forums.
Mr D-Rapht
AU Kinori
11,055 Posts
2.8 years ago
sounds like glorified communism
one of those looks good on paper will not work in reality things
The city
AU xVenom
46 Posts
2.8 years ago
Quote from @iironiq on the 4th of January 2012:
way to take an optimistic look on things
Mr D-Rapht
AU Barnzy
2,998 Posts
2.8 years ago
Whilst we're at it, lets get rid of human nature...
Out to research why a mozzie can fly but a fly cant mozzie.
AU Kinori
11,055 Posts
2.8 years ago
Quote from xVenom on the 4th of January 2012:
Quote from @iironiq on the 4th of January 2012:
way to take an optimistic look on things
normally do but this theory seems way to good to be true
The city
AU Stoned CROW
2,661 Posts
2.8 years ago
Quote from Barnzy on the 4th of January 2012:
Whilst we're at it, lets get rid of human nature...

don't even start about human nature, greed, violence and hate are not human nature at all, these are qualities that get driven into us by the environment we live in. people are not born with hate, violence or greed are they? and if never exposed to it they will never develop it. the true 'human nature' is to desire the things we need. food, water, shelter, love and to have some sort of social connection. people are completely a product off their environment, this is also why in the Venus project there would be almost no crime. if you are familiar with what is called an 'epigenetic' effect, you will know that almost no type of human behaviour comes down to 'genetics' everything that happens to someone in their early developmental years actually mutates the genetic coding in their brain.

the nurture of a person and the social relations that person is exposed to will completely determine ones 'nature'

when dealing with violent behaviour, people rarely look at the predispositions that make someone violent, we tend to just accept that there are violent people and punish them. There was actually a case study done in Isreal where violent offenders were not sent to prison, instead they were sent to live in the kibbutzim, which is a community in isreal with incredibly low rates of violence. This is much like the equivalent of the Amish or other pacifist communities throughout the world. Any way, it was discovered that these criminals in fact did 'learn' to live in a peaceful environment and have since showed no signs of violent behaviour.

Quote from Budqe_ on the 4th of January 2012:

this is not just an estimation, technology could physically do it right now if put into place, and given the 'funding'. the completely mechanization can already be seen in most factories completely self reliable. but the technology exists to replace the construction industry to. have you heard of 'reprap'? reprap is a 3 dimensional printer, it creates real physical objects drawn on the computer and creates entire products in one process. this is nothing new, the unique thing about reprap is that it prints all of its own parts. meaning if you have one you can make another one and give it to a friend and so on. from anything to a hammer to the entire body of a auto mobile in one go. this technology is considered 'contour crafting' and has the potential to if applied to a larger scale, build an entire 2000 square foot home...in a day.

the greatest thing about this is the efficiency. there i no waste product, to be disposed of harming he environment, the time to build is significantly reduced, there is no need for human labour. when I say this you might also want to consider that the construction industry also has the highest fatality rate, far above ANY other field of work.

@missfire, sorry it s hard to fully elaborate in so few words. the answer is YES this is all able to be done right now with the technology we have today,and there is more than enough for everyone. the world would actually be in a global abundance of resources if it was not so privatised and worked at a common goal. if we intelligently managed the resources and had no technological hold back when it came to cost.

there is so much I have not covered as I couldn't fit it into a essay small enough that the people on CG would bother to read it. if anyone really is taking interest in it download these torrents, they are completely free and the site promotes their distribution. if you only watch one of them, I highly recommend at least watching 'moving forward' as it is the mos relevant to what have been talking about.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/torrents.html

keep th questions coming guys