Games
AU predict
PREMIUM USER
856 Posts
5 years ago
pretty sweet, read up abit on the forums and saw that the people who bought this game didnt receive a cd key and were able to use the game completely so i managed to get a copy..pretty sweet game ill give it that. Just a heads up since the game comes out in AU today dont expect your cd key if you buy it

Edited once, 15/10/09 - 12:30am.
CyberGamer.com.au Soldier of Fortune 2 PC Head Administrator
AU BLACK DYNAMIGHT
4,201 Posts
5 years ago
Hahahaha awesome...

This game should have a huge community then, lets just hope it becomes competitive.
DYNAMITE, DYNAMITE
AU saGZUURRR
1,655 Posts
5 years ago
Lets hope it's on CG.

/HINTHINT
�The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.�
AU rotax
6,692 Posts
5 years ago
yep i downloaded it about a week ago, pretty decent SP then i realised the MP part work. i lol'd
AU Hawkk
1,603 Posts
5 years ago
downloading now, its 4 gigz tho
playing cod since ball mouses.
AU rotax
6,692 Posts
5 years ago
Quote from saGZUURRR on the 15th of October 2009:
Lets hope it's on CG.

/HINTHINT

operation flashpoint has never been competitive.

OPF 1 failed as a MP game, and OPF 2 is exactly the same. ladder for this game will be useless. as it will never be competitive.
AU saGZUURRR
1,655 Posts
5 years ago
rotax , pm me with a link to dl please , this one takes 4 years.... literally
�The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.�
AU Hawkk
1,603 Posts
5 years ago
mine is saying 3 years and 8 weeks till its finished
playing cod since ball mouses.
Talnoyold buried a post by rotax. Show
AU rotax
6,692 Posts
5 years ago
the game is buggy as shit mind you.... cars push people instead of running them over. shoot a helicopter pilot and the helicopter will start to come down but it will just bounce and not explode.

the handling of cars, boats and helicopters are horrible and most prob the worst ive seen in ay game i have ever played.

Your squad members seem to get stuck at doors and you have to kill them to make them able to move again, or you cant pass objectives.

AI on night time missions are a lol. you can walk right infront of someone and they wont even react, but if you walk near a light, some cunt will start shooting at you from the other side of the map.

ive just finished the SP, it was fairly enjoyable, if you do not have patience, then forget about playing this game.

you spend about 80% of the game running from checkpoint to checkpoint, which takes you about 10-15 mins per checkpoint depending on the mission.

seems its only 1 map in the entire game (But its huge) it seems to get very boring and you do the same shit over and over again, and the map just looks identical no matter what mission you doing, but its either day time, or night time.

still if your a fan of the first game, then i do recommend, but its not as realistic, they have made it more "noob" friendly with hitblips, radars, hud etc etc(although all can be turned off)

EDITTTT...

more on the AI.

AI seems to have no grass or bushes, they seem to prone in the grass, and just smash you without you even having a chance to see them.

In a vid they said Smoke acts like a wall for AI, and they cannot see through it.
Well, im pretty sure ive been smashed through smoke about 100 times by squads, tanks, snipers, pretty much anything that kills you.

oh and if anyone suffers from motion sickness, good luck with the sprinting, the bob is fucking huge.

Edited 4 times, last edited 15/10/09 - 2:15am.
AU Trepid!ty
1,979 Posts
5 years ago
What is the MP like? 1v1 gun fights etc

Sounds pretty bad so far
Prob will still get anyway.
AU rotax
6,692 Posts
5 years ago
MP in opf is large scale.

squad based missions/objectives with a commander, pretty much like the arma MP and OPF1 mp.
its slow, and a massive camp fest.

i just got it for SP and 4 player COOP.

OFP1 MP was bad enough, wasnt expecting this one to be any different, and its not.
AU samo
AU General Mod
2,507 Posts
5 years ago
its pretty fun. Patch is in the works. I gather when dedicated servers become available CM will have to implement some form of cd-key like system.. dnt know how tho.
AU ecliptic
35 Posts
5 years ago
Operation Flash Point 2 DOES NOT support Dedicated Servers, fantastic game, revolutionized shooting style, personally i like it heaps.
if this game ever did become competitive then it'd be great, although its a long way off and most people will just download the game and play it online

Rotax, i'm not sure if your post is directed towards multiplayer because its 10x better than Single player if you can get past the fact that there is only 4 maps lol.
A lot of what you have said ive also seen, but you cant judge it till you have a server full of people.
it takes the game to the next level.

unlike battlefield, there is no imaginary fog that blinds your vision to a certain distance. this game allows for shots to take place as far as you can see which is 3kilometers in some instances.
from what i've seen this game is based more so around tactical awareness and accuracy.

the only hope this game has of ever turning into a ladder event is if more maps are made either by codemasters or by the community.

Edited once, 15/10/09 - 3:03am.
AU infinite.
668 Posts
5 years ago
Quote from saGZUURRR on the 15th of October 2009:
rotax , pm me with a link to dl please , this one takes 4 years.... literally
Just get it off TL.
mcOhnD! pato: your more adorable than i.